Now this is the kind of cash back I'm talking about!

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Now that Citi's Dividend Platinum is officially nerfed, I've been looking into other cards. Out here in the mid-Atlantic, we have a convenience store called Wawa. Their credit card is 10% cash back on all Wawa purchases for the first 90 days and 2% on all other purchases, going to 4% and 1% thereafter. Since I was able to get the American Express Blue Cash as well, my plan was to use Wawa for everything for the first 90 days and then only use it in-store after that.

...anyhow...

Second statement ever came out today..

Previous Month's Rebates.....................................$24.64
Bonus Rebates Earned on Wawa Purchases............$3.89
Bonus Rebates Earned on Other Purchases.............$24.25
Total Rebates......................................................$52.78

If that's not ownage, I don't know what ownage is. I am literally earning cash back twice as fast as I did with Citi. The only drawback is that I can only redeem it at Wawa, so it's a free tank of gas or two, or free lunch for a fornight.... whatever...

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Nice, but if you buy *everything* at this wawa place, wouldn't your overall spending be higher since it's a convenience store? :confused:

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Nice, but if you buy *everything* at this wawa place, wouldn't your overall spending be higher since it's a convenience store? :confused:

Pretty much. For instance, on a 2 liter of soda, our Wawa is $1.59. Meanwhile, I can go to Shoppers or Giant and get it at regular price of $1.29 or on sale for 79-89cents.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

First, I really prefer Wawa milk over milk from the grocery store. Wawa milk only makes a half-hour trip from the cow to the shelf, and you can tell by the taste. You just can't get fresher milk. It's also comparably priced to the grocery store (within 10 cents usually).

Wawa owns Subway and Quiznos with one hand behind it's back in the sandwich department and is more common, cleaner and has better tasting coffee than any of it's 7-11 type competitors. There is no substitution for this that doesn't involve going home and making a sandwich.

Wawa's gas is always about 5-10% cheaper than any other gas station around.

I buy milk, slurpees, three or four lunches a month and occasionally bread and snacks at Wawa. It works for me.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: BigJ

Pretty much. For instance, on a 2 liter of soda, our Wawa is $1.59. Meanwhile, I can go to Shoppers or Giant and get it at regular price of $1.29 or on sale for 79-89cents.

So seems to me with 10% cash back you still come out behind.

WaWa's $1.59 - .15 = $1.44
Giant....................= $1.29

Ummm...yeah. Enjoy your 10% cashback... :confused:

EDIT
Never mind, saw post above mine

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
awesome!

i don't get cashback here... but tahts cause i live in brazil and banks only want to rip you off...
if i'm not mistaken we have like the highest bank fees in the world or something. it sucks.

Wapp

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2003
Originally posted by: acemcmac

First, I really prefer Wawa milk over milk from the grocery store. Wawa milk only makes a half-hour trip from the cow to the shelf, and you can tell by the taste. You just can't get fresher milk. It's also comparably priced to the grocery store (within 10 cents usually).

Wawa owns Subway and Quiznos with one hand behind it's back in the sandwich department and is more common, cleaner and has better tasting coffee than any of it's 7-11 type competitors. There is no substitution for this that doesn't involve going home and making a sandwich.

I buy milk, slurpees, three or four lunches a month and occasionally bread and snacks at Wawa. It works for me.

You forgot to mention the creme cheese pretzels. I should get one of those cards in the OP considering I'm within 5 minutes of 8 Wawas.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: franguinho
awesome!

i don't get cashback here... but tahts cause i live in brazil and banks only want to rip you off...
if i'm not mistaken we have like the highest bank fees in the world or something. it sucks.

woah. That sucks. Care to elaborate?

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Wapp
Originally posted by: acemcmac

You forgot to mention the creme cheese pretzels. I should get one of those cards in the OP considering I'm within 5 minutes of 8 Wawas.

The blink feature is pretty badass too