Now this is sweet- Nomination for "Person of the Year"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I think by the defnition posted above Trump should be person of the year.

"Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999[1]) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year".

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think by the defnition posted above Trump should be person of the year.

"Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999[1]) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year".

Technically true, but at the same time, you know Trump would willfully misinterpret a Time cover as proof of how great he is, even though it's guaranteed that the reasons for choosing him would be exclusively negative.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump got it last year, didn't he? This year should be the women, for changing the decades, nay, centuries-long paradigm of patriarchal rape culture. Heh, isn't it crazy how completely true that is now? Why, just this time last year, gamersgater virgins were mewling from their caves about how women were complaining too damn much and that patriarchal rape culture wasn't real.

lol. what happened to those idiots?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I picture Trump lashing out at this -- both because it's not him and, because, well, women.

Agree 100%
He is throwing a temper tantrum and not only because women have taken the cover. What really sets him off is that one of The Blacks® is in front.
Toss in that some of the women are not up to his standard and you have the trifecta

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Agree 100%
He is throwing a temper tantrum and not only because women have taken the cover. What really sets him off is that one of The Blacks® is in front.
Toss in that some of the women are not up to his standard and you have the trifecta

Some bigoted ignorant shit tweets guranteed.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
The failing @ TIME chose women who, and believe me, I'm not saying they're old and ugly and nobody would touch them! Not even a person of the year! THEY couldn't get a tax bill like ours through congress! #MAGA!