Now this is how you represent the people! (Katie porter)

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I wouldn’t want this woman to be the president but only because she’s so damn good at being a senator!!

This is what competence looks like folks! Imagine if the trump administration was on top of shit and had testing kits available as soon as China was hit and then followed up by reassuring the country that they could get tested for free even if they don’t have insurance.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
but you'd have to represent citizens instead of corporations!

while i realizing "losing" someone good in the senate is bad, i hope that having a tremendously competent president an administration would outweigh that political loss.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
It's not as dramatic in a parliamentary system. You guys can call an election anytime.

I'm in the US. Seth is just quoting that recent news from the UK as a potential warning as to what could happen here. We could easily preempt the problem of in-person voting with mail-in ballots. We can't have Donnie get at least another year, and a shot outside of an election year (likely would help Republicans).

Reactions: Fenixgoon

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm in the US. Seth is just quoting that recent news from the UK as a potential warning as to what could happen here. We could easily preempt the problem of in-person voting with mail-in ballots. We can't have Donnie get at least another year, and a shot outside of an election year (likely would help Republicans).
Just saying there are Constitutional issues that would have to be addressed. No hard dates other than how long the terms are.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Well I for one have not had my daily constitutional yet...so until i do.......

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Good. Testing assumes people will go get tested, which is cost prohibitive for many, especially if the ER is their only testing option.

This is how the government should step in, and maybe this crisis will be enough to build support for single payer.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
ECON 101:

The administration does NOT have the authority or the power to make testing free today or ever. SOMEBODY has to pay for it. And if its taxes that means YOU are paying for it, even if you dont get it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wouldn’t want this woman to be the president but only because she’s so damn good at being a senator!!

This is what competence looks like folks! Imagine if the trump administration was on top of shit and had testing kits available as soon as China was hit and then followed up by reassuring the country that they could get tested for free even if they don’t have insurance.

she's amazing.

now watch Trump take complete credit that it was his idea to insure that all Americans get free testing and that he made his guy get it done. It's not like anyone watches CSPAN--Trump knows he has better ratings, lol. It does fall under the Trump administration, so that is exactly how the FOXers will be spinning it. just watch.

You know this will happen, ahahha.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Good. Testing assumes people will go get tested, which is cost prohibitive for many, especially if the ER is their only testing option.

This is how the government should step in, and maybe this crisis will be enough to build support for single payer.

i can only hope so. it's rather ridiculous that in the midst of a pandemic, potential carriers may honestly consider avoiding testing and treatment because of the costs associated, thereby making the frequency and severity of the virus that much worse.

i don't blame individuals for thinking this way - i blame us as a society for creating the conditions that this becomes a reasonable action.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yup, after the last 5 or so day sof administrative displays and the way data is getting out about the virus, this is pretty much the only rational explanation for what is going on.

This is going to be a very real thing, very soon, and if this doesn't cause major pain from Trump among his "supporters," then we are truly fucked as human beings. This is the kind of shit that does not survive advanced civilizations.

If we don't see proper justice for what is unmistakable, then we are North Korea.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
she's amazing.

now watch Trump take complete credit that it was his idea to insure that all Americans get free testing and that he made his guy get it done. It's not like anyone watches CSPAN--Trump knows he has better ratings, lol. It does fall under the Trump administration, so that is exactly how the FOXers will be spinning it. just watch.

You know this will happen, ahahha.
she is either samszing or an amazing liar...........I won`t believe shit until the healthcare industry comes out and says that all testing and Treatment will be free........don`t hold your breath! The administration cannot make it so, just because they want it to be that way....

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
she is either samszing or an amazing liar...........I won`t believe shit until the healthcare industry comes out and says that all testing and Treatment will be free........don`t hold your breath! The administration cannot make it so, just because they want it to be that way....
What is she lying about. Count to 10.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What is she lying about. Count to 10.
Good question and I will answer that with this -- has anybody or has the health industry came out and coborate what she has said? She may honestly be telling the truth! But without the powers that be saying -- YES! What she has said means little to nothing!

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Good question and I will answer that with this -- has anybody or has the health industry came out and coborate what she has said? She may honestly be telling the truth! But without the powers that be saying -- YES! What she has said means little to nothing!
You haven't paid much attention to this lady then. She's a freakn policy wonk, who has always been right so far.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You haven't paid much attention to this lady then. She's a freakn policy wonk, who has always been right so far.
Just realized that if I still lived in OC, she be my congress person.

OC used to be extremely conservative. Sanchez made it in after I left and things have significantly changed to a moderately liberal area.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
you could just read the reg:

§ 70.13 Payment for care and treatment.

(a) The Director may authorize payment for the care and treatment of individuals subject to medical examination, quarantine, isolation, and conditional release, subject to paragraphs (b) through (h) of this section.

(b) Payment for care and treatment shall be in the CDC's sole discretion and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) Payment shall be secondary to the obligation of the United States or any third-party (i.e., any State or local governmental entity, private insurance carrier, or employer), under any other law or contractual agreement, to pay for such care and treatment, and shall be paid by the Director only after all third-party payers have made payment in satisfaction of their obligations.

(d) Payment may include costs for providing ambulance or other medical transportation when such services are deemed necessary by the Director for the individual's care and treatment.

(e) Payment shall be limited to those amounts the hospital, medical facility, or medical transportation service would customarily bill the Medicare system using the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM), and relevant regulations promulgated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in existence at the time of billing.

(f) For quarantinable communicable diseases, payment shall be limited to costs for services and items reasonable and necessary for the care and treatment of the individual or group for the time period beginning when the Director refers the individual or group to the hospital or medical facility and ends when, as determined by the Director, the period of apprehension, quarantine, isolation, or conditional release expires.

(g) For diseases other than those described in paragraph (f) of this section, such payment shall be limited to costs for services and items reasonable and necessary for care and treatment of the individual for the time period that begins when the Director refers the individual to the hospital or medical facility and ends when the individual's condition is diagnosed, as determined by the Director, as an illness other than a quarantinable communicable disease.

(h) For ambulance or other medical transportation, payment shall be limited to the costs for such services and other items reasonable and necessary for the individual's safe medical transport.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

I agree this is what competence looks like! Now to wait and see if the top Trump official follows through on his word!