Now THIS is FVCKED UP!! 23-pound teen found dead

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Originally posted by: Crazymofo

My little brother actually has CP and I can tell you that if this little boy was anything like my little bro then it wouldn't take much to get down to 23lbs... My little brother is TINY! He is probably still less than 50lbs even though he is almost 16... with CP the body never develops at all, the muscles never get past infant stage, the bones never developed past infant stage.... my brother is for the most part a 16 year old infant... if he were to be left alone for a few months I could see him getting down to 25lbs pretty easily...

Interesting - thanks for the info. I hope your brother is able to persevere and do OK in life.

Unfortunately for my little brother he is forever in the care of my parents... he cannot walk or talk. Fortunatey for my little bro my parents are kind hearted decent human beings so he gets food 4 to 5 times a day.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Scouzer
According to medical data, an average 15-year-old boy would weigh between 95 and 105 pounds

Maybe an average 15 year old boy with cerebral pulsy. Otherwise that's way off.

Horrible story. Poor kid.

Yeah really. I was about 130 at 15, and I was a walking stick figure.