sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Look at that, other countries enforce their borders and immigration laws. Meanwhile our liberals want to get rid of ICE and think a barrier on a problematic border hurts too many feelings.

Reactions: Texashiker

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Look at that, other countries enforce their borders and immigration laws. Meanwhile our liberals want to get rid of ICE and think a barrier on a problematic border hurts too many feelings.
Now, if only our government listened to it's citizens like the Dutch. We're coming for ya slow.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Huh? Dutch community basically acts as Dutch "sanctuary city" and Dutch feds cave. How do you consider this a "win" for your growing pile of derpitude?
one dimensional logic : libs bad.
There is no reasoning to be had, its pointless.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Show us on the doll where the icky brown people touched you...

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Show us on the doll where the icky brown people touched you...

This is the garbage you pull, you racists make everything about race. You manufacture it and keep the narrative alive. Meanwhile my stance has absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is the garbage you pull, you racists make everything about race. You manufacture it and keep the narrative alive. Meanwhile my stance has absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

Just show us, please. It's for your own good.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Just show us, please. It's for your own good.

Wanting a secured border where we have a real problem with illegal crossings and human trafficking isn't about race. But you liberal racists manufacture racism.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is what happens when people value concepts like Love for your Neighbour over I'm More Godly Than You.

As an Atheist I generally despise Religion, both as a concept and as it's practiced, but sometimes some religious people do some great thing such as this. That's certainly partly to do with (some of) the principles of their particular religious views, but I think they being in an organized social institution allows them the ability to do this as well. As such, it seems to me that in order to replace Religion it should require building up new social institutions that replace certain functions Religion currently does.

This alternative likely would look quite similar to "Religion". In fact, if we were to travel a thousand years forward, it might appear to be a Religion in all Pro/Con aspects we see in Religion today. Which brings me to the finale(ally) point of this veering Off Topic brain fart: What if "Religion" is just a clumsy way to bring Social Order that our advanced Ape brain has been able to devise?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
This is what happens when people value concepts like Love for your Neighbour over I'm More Godly Than You.

As an Atheist I generally despise Religion, both as a concept and as it's practiced, but sometimes some religious people do some great thing such as this. That's certainly partly to do with (some of) the principles of their particular religious views, but I think they being in an organized social institution allows them the ability to do this as well. As such, it seems to me that in order to replace Religion it should require building up new social institutions that replace certain functions Religion currently does.

This alternative likely would look quite similar to "Religion". In fact, if we were to travel a thousand years forward, it might appear to be a Religion in all Pro/Con aspects we see in Religion today. Which brings me to the finale(ally) point of this veering Off Topic brain fart: What if "Religion" is just a clumsy way to bring Social Order that our advanced Ape brain has been able to devise?
That could very well be the case. However we do need to replace it with something much better and far less clumsy.

Reactions: sandorski

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Liberals DO NOT want to get ride of ICE.
Liberals only want ICE to act like ICE and not like Hitlers Nazi Germany storm troopers.
There IS a difference.... you know.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That could very well be the case. However we do need to replace it with something much better and far less clumsy.

By "clumsy" I mean, that over time it tends to corrupt to the point it needs replacing again. There are ways to avoid that kind of corruption, but people tend to get lazy or entrenched in their own ways or into group think that can corrupt the very basic principles that made the organization important to begin with. This is one the greatest weaknesses of Humans, we tend to become myopic over time, at least on some level, especially on important things. Making a bullet proof system is certainly a good goal, but I'm somewhat pessimistic of its' long term continued benefit. Optimistically, even if such an endeavour eventually fails, maybe the next group of Try Agains learn some things to better their system.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wanting a secured border where we have a real problem with illegal crossings and human trafficking isn't about race. But you liberal racists manufacture racism.

This country mostly has a problem with Trumpist ravers & idiots who are easily & rather gleefully manipulated.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
By "clumsy" I mean, that over time it tends to corrupt to the point it needs replacing again. There are ways to avoid that kind of corruption, but people tend to get lazy or entrenched in their own ways or into group think that can corrupt the very basic principles that made the organization important to begin with. This is one the greatest weaknesses of Humans, we tend to become myopic over time, at least on some level, especially on important things. Making a bullet proof system is certainly a good goal, but I'm somewhat pessimistic of its' long term continued benefit. Optimistically, even if such an endeavour eventually fails, maybe the next group of Try Agains learn some things to better their system.
Well what I would come up with will be very far from being a religion. For thing it would be designed to strongly encourage Critical Thinking and Empathy toward other humans.

And yes it would under steady improvement over time, just like science is.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well what I would come up with will be very far from being a religion. For thing it would be designed to strongly encourage Critical Thinking and Empathy toward other humans.

And yes it would under steady improvement over time, just like science is.

I'd agree with those criteria. I still suspect it is prone to various corruptions. Largely because people would eventually abandon those criteria, make their own criteria, and try to make ideologically sacred their particular views on things. Regardless of what happens, the effort seems worth it.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think the 'abolish ICE' stance is only really held by a small number of very pissed off people out West, maybe some down South. While I abhor how the department was been utilized these last couple years, I've never agreed with the idea of getting rid of ICE altogether. Happy to say I've never conversed with anyone, of any political persuasion, who has seriously brought that up either. ICE has been infected with partisan corruption and nepotism just like just pretty much every other vestige of government under this disaster of an admin. If I hear a reference to it the source always seems to be a trumpet applying it to liberals. I support ICE going back to it's original MO, not going out of it's way to destroy families and childhoods.

I prefer to address more salient events, like lying about a child separation policy. I think sportage's reference to stormtroopers is apt. The ROE from this racist, 'removes babies from breastfeeding mothers' admin is the issue here, not the existence of a needed department with a purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

That's so so weird. Those numbers have trended down, dramatically, for like 10 straight years. It is the absolute opposite of a problem. Meanwhile, the actual bulk of illegals in this country are scholars overstaying their visas or related--you know: people that generally fly into the country (no wall will stop them), or enter legally, anywhere, and just stay.

But dumb stupid racist that you are, see one big number: 10 MILLION ILLEGALS OH MY GOD SECURE THE SOUTHERN BORDER! GAAAHAHAHAHA!"

You are just monumentally fucking dumb.