Now they've REALLY done it!

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
First they block Hotmail, then my ISP's web base e-mail. Now they institute a team-wide policy that we can't browse the 'net while we're on calls! Those bastards. Apparently people weren't logging 100% of their calls (actual was like 50%, but still...), so they decided that nothing but Scopus or Clarify & your tools can be open while you're on a call. In other words I could probably get written up for posting this.

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Viper GTS

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
BLAH F#$@ F$%* sorry another double post. I'm impatient and have a cable modem so I'm not used to waiting and I guess the forums are a bit slow today.

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
AT where I last worked we could be surfing as long as it didnt interfere with work...but surfing while on a call was an obvious no-no....but I worked in retail catalog ordering so we had to pay a little bit of attention while on the phone..not much though :p

What kind of work do you do?

convex

Banned
May 24, 2000
come work at my store...you can browse the web all you want...but you have to let me pay you good for your services...heh, i'm getting paid pretty good for posting right now...

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, you and a lot of others apparently are having your fun on their nickel and they feel they aren't getting their money's worth. ;)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I am sorry to hear that Viper GTS. That must really bite the big one.

Eagle_2: At least he can post correctly! ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I do tech support for DSL. Browsing has NEVER interfered with my ability to do my work. I have perfect call documentation & have always gotten excellent scores in call coachings. And I've ALWAYS browsed while I worked. I typically have 6 or more browser windows open.

Once you know your job, you can do it in your sleep. Sometimes literally. Especially while waiting for reboots, waiting for the customer to install something, etc, etc, etc.

They're just trying to micromanage to cover their own dumb mistake of not having enough people.

Viper GTS

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This just in:

Note from Viper Gts's boss.

If you guys happen to see Gregg, will you please have him see me. It's about..ehem, time he and I had a little meeting. I'll let you all know where he's working next week. ;)