Now that we have a misogynist as the head of our country, how will America's values change in 4yrs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
you've ignored this multiple times:

I don't really understand how anyone could believe there's some gray area where you can grab a pussy hoping that they don't object, and that's actually an ok thing to do. I think it is you that should explain your perspective on consent, and please explain how consent for an action can be given after the action happens.

That's just wrong. Who said he did it hoping they wouldn't object? It's just a false premise entirely.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Meh. It turns out most Americans didn't care the stunning revelation that some men are pigs and (especially when goofing around with their dude pals) make off color comments about women.

Also of note, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE bought that all the "I'd hit that!" (every single time *any* subject involves an attractive or even average female) little prick wanna-be sexist punk males that pretended to be all outraged over part 1, suddenly became puritans and anything other than creepy dorks.

In other words... business as usual. Men will be men. Little prick creepy dorks will be dorks. Women will continue laugh at, dismiss, deal with them as always because actually most aren't the perma-victims in constant need of rescue the Dems always count on them being.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I'm hoping this signals a shift in that real criminal actions are punished as they should, while meaningless political incorrectness is relegated as unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Who cares if Trump said a few mean things? When I was kid, we had a nursery rhyme about sticks and stones, maybe the new generation needs to toughen up.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm hoping this signals a shift in that real criminal actions are punished as they should, while meaningless political incorrectness is relegated as unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Who cares if Trump said a few mean things? When I was kid, we had a nursery rhyme about sticks and stones, maybe the new generation needs to toughen up.
Kinda goes against what the wife wants to do.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
that's literally your argument.

That's not my argument. I'm saying that it's likely that he was given a cue that it would be acceptable. This is how a lot of our social interactions and social touching takes place. You are intentionally misrepresenting it as, touching in the absence of any of that and hoping that it would be okay? I just don't understand. Have you never received this type of cue for any of your social touching? A handshake, a hug, a kiss?

Reactions: Headfoot

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
That's not my argument. I'm saying that it's likely that he was given a cue that it would be acceptable. This is how a lot of our social interactions and social touching takes place. You are intentionally misrepresenting it as, touching in the absence of any of that and hoping that it would be okay? I just don't understand. Have you never received this type of cue for any of your social touching? A handshake, a hug, a kiss?
those are implications of consent. yes, i have been given consent to do those things.

how does that make it ok to act prior to receiving consent and then hope that you get consent after? Put another way, if you walk up to a stranger and make to hug them, and they act as if they do not want to be hugged, and you hug them anyway... that's not ok.

Put another way, i've never walked up to a woman and grabbed their pussy. I've never seen a woman walk up to a man pussy first and act as if they wanted the man to just grab. i don't even know what that might look like. It's bizarre just to think about.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

You mean like the sexual assault charge he's going on trial for in December, or the dozens of women who've complained about Trump's sexual assault and don't have the on-camera evidence needed to convict him?

These are not just "mean things." This is a man who sees women as trophies and believes he's entitled to touch them as he sees fit. Toughening up would have meant making sure he never won the election. It's cowards who dismiss sexism in an attempt to avoid actually dealing with problems.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Democrats worrying about values due to having a sexually predacious, lascivious, POTUS? What is this a parody thread?

Every time a different party takes over, the other starts playing the same cards they derided the other for playing. Morality is the last card either side should be playing right now.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
You mean like the sexual assault charge he's going on trial for in December, or the dozens of women who've complained about Trump's sexual assault and don't have the on-camera evidence needed to convict him?

These are not just "mean things." This is a man who sees women as trophies and believes he's entitled to touch them as he sees fit. Toughening up would have meant making sure he never won the election. It's cowards who dismiss sexism in an attempt to avoid actually dealing with problems.
Yeah, you might want to check that December thing. Turns out she is a lying crackwhore. Like I said all along. Only people helping her was Gloria Alred's mom, a patent attorney, and a former jerry springer executive known for similar shakedowns.

The rest of the women are probably fake, especially the ones put forward by sexism hustler Alred.

All that stuff will die away. Like it did with Hermann cain, John McCain, and others. Face it, the only platform hillary had to win was to paint her opponent as sexist to turn out women. If that opponent had been jeb she would have cucked him into it one way or another. This absolutely was a race about a sexist, except the sexist was hillary who needed her gender to protect her from attacks.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Democrats worrying about values due to having a sexually predacious, lascivious, POTUS? What is this a parody thread?

Every time a different party takes over, the other starts playing the same cards they derided the other for playing. Morality is the last card either side should be playing right now.

Good posting. Drop the faux morality and work on simple competence while hoping Trump "grows into" the job while realizing that a big element of the position entails grace, humility, and influencing others rather than just being a bigger platform to say whatever ridiculous shit pops into your head just because you can.

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
those are implications of consent. yes, i have been given consent to do those things.

how does that make it ok to act prior to receiving consent and then hope that you get consent after? Put another way, if you walk up to a stranger and make to hug them, and they act as if they do not want to be hugged, and you hug them anyway... that's not ok.

Put another way, i've never walked up to a woman and grabbed their pussy. I've never seen a woman walk up to a man pussy first and act as if they wanted the man to just grab. i don't even know what that might look like. It's bizarre just to think about.

No way someone like Donald Trump would exaggerate his sexual prowess. We should definitely take every single thing he says literally.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No way someone like Donald Trump would exaggerate his sexual prowess. We should definitely take every single thing he says literally.

Well it does seem consistent with what more than a dozen women have said, no?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Well it does seem consistent with what more than a dozen women have said, no?
Ohh ohh, beta male trying to figure out how he lost again. Dude, you're like the geek that couldn't get up the nerve to ask the hot chick out only to have a guy with a nice car "steal" her from you.

Reactions: Chiropteran

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Oh wow.
I actually think this is one of the most interesting things that can come out of the result. Policy aside, the guy is a misogynist and racist and has bragged about sexual assaults. This will have real implications, no doubt. I'm very curious to see what happens next. These are largely the reasons why the rest of the world thinks the USA is a shit show. The most powerful man in the country, holder of an idolized office, is a complete asshole. Even before you get to policy, this is significant.

... unless you are a Liberal. I don't defend the man, but I really don't care either. Get the policies right, behave while you are in office, and I am good. Neither he nor any other person elected to office is perfect or necessarily moral. Just do the job you were elected to do.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
and lest we forget ogling naked 15 year old girls. Kind of a step up from the affairs of both Bill and Donald.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ohh ohh, beta male trying to figure out how he lost again. Dude, you're like the geek that couldn't get up the nerve to ask the hot chick out only to have a guy with a nice car "steal" her from you.

lolwut. That has to be one of the funniest and most pathetic insults I have ever heard. This is the sort of vignette that people would use in shitty commercials in the 70's to try and sell cars. What kind of loser has to rely on their car to get women? Is your next insult going to be that I get sand kicked in my face at the beach? Hahaha.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
lolwut. That has to be one of the funniest and most pathetic insults I have ever heard. This is the sort of vignette that people would use in shitty commercials in the 70's to try and sell cars. What kind of loser has to rely on their car to get women? Is your next insult going to be that I get sand kicked in my face at the beach? Hahaha.
So'k dude, I fucking owned you and now you are trying to cope. I'll give you a few more days till you see reason.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So'k dude, I fucking owned you and now you are trying to cope. I'll give you a few more days till you see reason.

lol, hokay. You have to admit that attempt to insult me was hilarious though, right? It's almost literally some cheesy 70's comic book or magazine ad and you actually thought that was something that would upset me.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Sexual assault will be mandated by late 2017/ early 2018
If you're male and not trying to bend over a female colleague at work or female stranger you encounter in public spaces to have your way with them at least once a week you will be jailed for "beta-crimes"

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
lol, hokay. You have to admit that attempt to insult me was hilarious though, right? It's almost literally some cheesy 70's comic book or magazine ad and you actually thought that was something that would upset me.
Whether it upset you or not, you are still responding to it. My advice is stop; otherwise it takes on that "dost protest too much" vibe. Sometimes not deigning to reply is the best reply. Free advice, so do as you will.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
grabbing pussy w/o consent is treated like hugging a woman who didn't want to be hugged?
Prostitution will be legalized for all the US, at a faster rate than Marijuana is legalized?
even more pressure on girls to look pretty and not get fat, even after having a baby or 2.

or will the opposite happen?
there will be so much backlash and CONSTANT challenge to his ideals that girls will be empowered more than ever?

What is actually wrong with legalized prostitution other than we don't get to put women in prison for having sex?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Whether it upset you or not, you are still responding to it. My advice is stop; otherwise it takes on that "dost protest too much" vibe. Sometimes not deigning to reply is the best reply. Free advice, so do as you will.

While I appreciate your free advice I'm having a hard time finding out how to express how little I am worried that other people might think I'm sad that Legendkiller called me a beta male who spent his younger years watching those true alphas steal all my hot girls with their cool cars.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
This has huge foreign policy implications. The free world will not be as willing to follow USA now that it has shown it does not have its own house in order.

If the world was following our example for past 16 years they would be bombing every 3rd world nation into oblivion and ginning up civil wars. I am uncertain of any nation that has acted more reprehensibly than my own for the past few decades. If Trump wants to make America's global impact even worse he is going to have to work very hard at it. I have every confidence he will succeed in that endeavor.