Now that we have a misogynist as the head of our country, how will America's values change in 4yrs?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Credible yes, proven no.

And here's the thing about insulting women based on looks: this is the President. He's supposed to embody the best of the country's values and set an example. A man who rates women on a 10-point scale, calls average-sized women "fat" and attacks political rivals based on how attractive they are is not presidential... he's a scumbag. You have the right to say terrible things in the US; that doesn't make them good, or excusable for someone who's going to run the entire country.

None of the are credible or even rational. Wow, he kissed you. Big. Fucking. Deal. You gonna take him to court?

If you don't think that this occurs at all levels then you are fucking naive and cannot be helped. I know you are a precious flower, but this isn't utopia.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
This has huge foreign policy implications. The free world will not be as willing to follow USA now that it has shown it does not have its own house in order.
We never did have our house in order. Otherwise, Trump's campaign talking points wouldn't have won him the election. It's about time we focused on US instead of BS foreign wars.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Local schools are sending letters home with kids today promising to uphold values such as inclusivity, civility, collaboration, and rational thought in the wake of this election. Is that normal??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
None of the are credible or even rational. Wow, he kissed you. Big. Fucking. Deal. You gonna take him to court?

If you don't think that this occurs at all levels then you are fucking naive and cannot be helped. I know you are a precious flower, but this isn't utopia.

Calling them incredible would require that the stories not make sense. Unfortunately for you, Trump brags about groping women and otherwise has a terrible history with them. They fit his modus operandi to a tee. That doesn't mean they're all true, but it's like the rape accusations against Bill Cosby: when the person is on the record as admitting that they like to commit sexual assault, you don't just dismiss claims out of hand.

Also, where's that proof that they've been debunked? Still waiting for it. You will provide it with your reply, or you will lose your argument.

And if you kiss or otherwise touch someone sexually without consent, that's wrong. That doesn't mean it's something you could press charges over (a peck on the cheek is hard to prosecute by itself), but groping... especially if it's clear it isn't welcome? Yes, that's something you can go to court for.

Yes, I'm damn aware that this happens on all levels. This doesn't make it okay, and it absolutely isn't okay for the President of the United States. I don't like that Bill Clinton did what he did, either. The ostensible leader of the free world should not be someone who thinks sexist insults are acceptable. I'm not a prude who thinks politicians should be squeaky clean, but you shouldn't have a long history of treating women like garbage plus indications that you haven't improved your behavior.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
like this one? http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-dropped-230770

http://ijr.com/2016/11/730761-woman...dramatically-dropped-lawsuit-now-we-know-why/

"A source with knowledge of the controversial case told DailyMail.com: “Katie Johnson's account had been believable and compelling right up until the last minute.”

But new information emerged that suggested she had not been telling the truth.

“Ultimately it was discovered that Donald Trump's name had been inserted into this, he was not involved whatsoever. After that she had no credibility.”"

The part that doesn't make sense, at all, is waiting until now. It's obviously a calculated move.
Politico is bought-out media, see wikileaks. Never heard of ijr.com but regarding Katie she is the only one making these allegations and it's she said he said. I'm guessing she's just an attention whore gold digger since noone else is willing to corroborate her story.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Local schools are sending letters home with kids today promising to uphold values such as inclusivity, civility, collaboration, and rational thought in the wake of this election. Is that normal??

If a school wasn't promoting those things before now, don't blame the stupid election or Trump for having just now discovered them.

We all know it won't be long until adults are pawning off all their own political stupidities onto children over this election, but can it even wait until the man actually takes office?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

I don't know about normal but it's certainly not rational thought in action. The schools in your area sound like breeding grounds for SJW's. I recommend to everyone when the subject comes up that they get their kids into private schools if at all possible. Letters like those are justification.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I don't know about normal but it's certainly not rational thought in action. The schools in your area sound like breeding grounds for SJW's. I recommend to everyone when the subject comes up that they get their kids into private schools if at all possible. Letters like those are justification.

LOL, the one I read was from a private school, affiliated with a historically religious University.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sorry, boomerang, kids are just going to have to grow up learning to actually care about people who don't look or act like them.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Meh. It turns out most Americans didn't care the stunning revelation that some men are pigs and (especially when goofing around with their dude pals) make off color comments about women.

Also of note, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE bought that all the "I'd hit that!" (every single time *any* subject involves an attractive or even average female) little prick wanna-be sexist punk males that pretended to be all outraged over part 1, suddenly became puritans and anything other than creepy dorks.

In other words... business as usual. Men will be men. Little prick creepy dorks will be dorks. Women will continue laugh at, dismiss, deal with them as always because actually most aren't the perma-victims in constant need of rescue the Dems always count on them being.

And women do it every bit as much. Even for the cameras on their TV shows. Which men they like and why... vegetables that look like penises horhorhorharhar...
People are sick of the double standard that women can, men can't.