Now that Ryzen with Vega Graphics (R) has dropped, notice that the G4560 now seems... plentiful?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Was it ever low on stock? The only thing I've noticed is that once upon a time that range was only ~£50 when it went up in price to ~£80, then it went back down again.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
with the current VGA and DDR4 prices I would expect the appeal of cheap DIY PCs, outside of the mining crowd to be very low right now,
I think I saw G4560s in stock for a low price before the 2200G was released, I don't think it's related.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Maybe the slow boat from China finally arrived with the shipment?

In the real world most likely the budget gamers decided that it was really a bad choice in this day and age to neuter themselves at the core level.

On the miner theory....I guess we'll be seeing GPUs at retail pricing next week....Don't hold your breath.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Well, maybe for mining, but for F@H, it takes a minimum of one core per GPU.
F@H isn't a pure cryptomining because I believe the main purpose of Folding and other DC projects are for science advancement by non-profit contributors. Even though recently we had Curecoin and Gridcoin, but still, it's volunteering work at its core.
That's also why, imo, they have different way in using computer resources.