Now I have had enough, I wanna hear how you'd fight terrorism!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AaronP

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I would end terrorism by eradicating the religion of Islam from the face of the earth.

AZGamer

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: AZGamer It's called reality, so give up with your political correctness. For once, see beyond party lines and stand up for the right thing: 1) Kicking Illegals Out 2) Keeping Illegals Out How can you possibly disagree with that? It's the law.
i saw you replied last and thought for sure you were going to say to show the terrorists the ways of jesus and all that is holy.

Better yet, commando jesuits to infiltrate Al Queda and reform it from within, from a terrorist organization like it is to simply an annoyance like the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) ;)

Seriously : Don't neccesarily close the borders, just find a way to take illegals out and keep them out.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Life is inherently dangerous, as are freedom and liberty. Deal with it.

I can't stand the people in the U.S. who have already let the terrorists win after just one attack.

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: UDT89
Talk to me when an attack happens right next door to you and friends of yours die. You'll be more willing to sacrafice some rights to help save someone else.
It did happen. My house over looks the Pentagon. I felt when the plane hit. The smell of smoke remained in my house for days after. I know not only people on the plane and in the Pentagon, but also in WTC. I attended many funerals for weeks following September 11th. I consoled grieving children, widows, and friends. DONT YOU DARE QUESTION MY MOTIVES NOR PATRIOTISM!!!!

call me an idiot
Idiot.

And the proof...
**Please direct all emails to UDT89@aol.com**

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Safe to say you just got owned by BlueApple.

BTW, all the people that think 'kicking the illegals out' would help, remember that the hijackers actually entered the country legally, albeit under a false identity.

res1bhmg

Banned
Jul 25, 2002
UDT89, your theory about closing our borders would kill business in thousands of tourist-driven micro-economies throughout the US. Guess what, NYC is still trying its very hardest to have their tourism recover from pre-9/11 levels, even though they were the hardest hit by the incident.

Money makes the world go 'round. 90% of all problems can be solved or better understood if looked at from a financial standpoint.

HiveMaster

Banned
Apr 11, 2002
There are two commonalities for all terrorist attacks: Fundamentalist religion, and money.

Take away the goddamfuckingmoney, and the terrorism is reduced to insignificance.
Go to Saudi Arabia, take the oil fields away, and take away the money going to terrorism schools and camps that are funded by the Saudi Royal family.

Then hack the world's banks and take away all the money spread to terrorist organizations.

Doing both of those things would be simple, direct, and easy.

If we take their money away, they can't buy bombs, or plane tickets...
or politicians...

Oops...

that is the fatal flaw isn't it...As long as we have Bush&Company running things THAT will never happen...

:(

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: HiveMaster
There are two commonalities for all terrorist attacks: Fundamentalist religion, and money.

Take away the goddamfuckingmoney, and the terrorism is reduced to insignificance.
Go to Saudi Arabia, take the oil fields away, and take away the money going to terrorism schools and camps that are funded by the Saudi Royal family.

Then hack the world's banks and take away all the money spread to terrorist organizations.

Doing both of those things would be simple, direct, and easy.

If we take their money away, they can't buy bombs, or plane tickets...
or politicians...

Oops...

that is the fatal flaw isn't it...As long as we have Bush&Company running things THAT will never happen...

:(

So you are all for going to SA and "taking away the oil fields" but when someone suggests going to Iraq....

Of course your last comment is classic hivemastermoronism. Terrorism started when Bush took office and it's his fault it's gone on as long as it has. We haven't knocked the sh!t out of their infrastructure or frozen millions of dollars have we?

If this is your daily, "Hi my name is hivemaster and I'm and f-tard. " post, let me be the first to say:

CONFIRMED

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Anyone with half a clue ought to know that closing our borders will cost us shltloads and will do next to nothing to combat terrorism. It's an argument coming from paranoid xenophobes who have been looking for an excuse to close our borders and are just twisting terror into a half-assed justification for it. If you want to stop terror, aim for the root of the sickness - treating the symptoms gets us nowhere.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Damn Mani, I was just going to agree with your earlier post.

The way to end terrorism is to remove the fuel that feeds it, oppression and poverty. Happy people have better things to do than die in plane bombs. Happy people value life, your life.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The way to end terrorism is to remove the fuel that feeds it, oppression and poverty.
Alright, then, is the problem created by American capitalism and Western ideals or the backwards Islamic religion and culture?

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Well I could fight terrorism the way Bush told us too after 9/11, buy going out and buying stuff.:confused: Or maybe I'll try to fight it by actually respecting other people and their culture, and not by bombing and taking advantage of them when it means more money for us. :)

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: mithrandir2001
The way to end terrorism is to remove the fuel that feeds it, oppression and poverty.
Alright, then, is the problem created by American capitalism and Western ideals or the backwards Islamic religion and culture?

Both, absolutely both. However, you can look back and see how the American government promoted this extremist version of Islam when the Afghans were fighting the Russians in the 70's by reading up on some articles during the time. But its still the fault of the Islamist Extremists too. However, all religous extremists are the same, it doesn't matter if your Islamic.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: FettsBabe
I strongly agree that something needs to be done now. Once I saw that dog on the video, I could have cut Laden's head off with my nails :|

...and when you saw thousands of ppl killed from the WTC/Pentagon incidents you weren't ready to "cut Laden's head off" then?

I really don't understand how people are exploding w/ rage to kill Bin Laden because he gased a dog. I'm not saying I feel nothing after watching that video b/c I was shocked when I saw it, but I was already angered when I saw the smoke from the WTC.

Aug 10, 2001
Two comments:

1) Bin Laden and his associates are/were filthy rich.
2) If oppression is one of the causes, you shouldn't be so against the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Vespasian
Two comments:

2) If oppression is one of the causes, you shouldn't be so against the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime.

Or the sanctions that have driven that country into the ground.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Vespasian, Funny, but I don't think any of the people with money died in the attack. They are the ones with the brains, the scemes, the PLAN. They are much too important to die. I'm talking about the smoes that fall for their crap, the ones whose lives ar so worthless here they can't wait to get to paradise.

I have have not come to a conclusion regarding what should be done about Saddam. I can see some negatives but that doesn't mean I can't see some positives.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Couple of quick questions for those who agree with the "let's close our borders" position. First of all, would you support using military forces to help seal the borders? If so, using the standard U.S. Army infantry doctrine on matters of acceptable defensive frontage coverage in an area defense operation, how many troops do you think would be required to accomplish your goal?

I'll make it easier, let's say we were to simply cordon the U.S. - Mexico border. To help you out a bit more, let's round off the length of the Mexican border to just 3,000 kilometers (it's actually a touch over 3,300).

Just curious to see who can guess the closest to the approximate necessary number.

Aug 10, 2001
Vespasian, Funny, but I don't think any of the people with money died in the attack. They are the ones with the brains, the scemes, the PLAN. They are much too important to die. I'm talking about the smoes that fall for their crap, the ones whose lives ar so worthless here they can't wait to get to paradise.

I have have not come to a conclusion regarding what should be done about Saddam. I can see some negatives but that doesn't mean I can't see some positives.
All 19 of the hijackers were financially well-off.

Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Piano Man
Originally posted by: Vespasian
Two comments:

Or the sanctions that have driven that country into the ground.
Many European countries (and Russia) are heavily invested in Iraq.

EDIT: Didn't Russia just sign a $40-billion economic deal with Iraq?

SECOND EDIT: And China, too