*Now DEAD* ATI x800 XT PE for $434.95 shipped @ Gateway

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
So yeah, someone humor me, it just went from aug 6th to "Not available". BTW doesnt anyone know where I can pay like $500 and not be stuck in this whole mess.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
I was due to have the card shipped today. I called for an update and was informed (it took 3 people + a manager to figure it out) that my order was canceled. LOL! I dont know what else to do but laugh. I will never be doing business with Gateway ever again.

For those curious, I've been in on this since June 26th. Gateway is currently still trying to get me to buy something from them b/c they offered me a 5% discount after I raised hell with a manager (Trish).

*sigh*. I've decided to go pick up an eVGA 6800 Ultra. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of the "OMFGHI2U BUY NOW FOR $289 SHIPPED!!!!!!! IN STOCK! IN STOCK!" crap. I went to best buy today when they opened b/c on their website they said it that the BFG 6800GT OC was in stock. Guess what? I went in and they dont have them, and wont for a month of so.

Whatever, I want a badass card and got luck with finding an Ultra at a local store.

Elvis2

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
You guys still here?!? I used to be. I'm located somewhere in the beginning of this thread. I've given up this time around. I'm not into Doom or HL2 or even Far Cry. My gig's flight and racing sim's for which my 9800XT handles quite nicely. I'm setting aside 50 bux a week and taking a look at a combo upgrade in January. PCI-E and maybe a Smithfield P4...Not that I expect anyone to care, just my $.02. I really hope this paper launch crap isn't a sign of things to come in this industry :(

Apr 26, 2004
If it were just this card, fine. But it seems that NVIDIA is having the same problems getting the ultra's out in mass. The GT's are being sold over retail due to demand. Even Intel has pushed back their CPU's. Every worthwhile game has been pushed back. D3, HL2, WoW, EQ2, MEO, Stalker, etc. I'm with Elvis up there, what the hell is going on in the PC industry

Incidentally, My order is still showing 8/13 after their most recent err.... ummm. "Correction"

And as much as I hate the waiting game, I could get one today, for twice the price

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=9363&sid=3SKJDQWTNHL98GGM9H8L6G8U1RFFEN3D

grohl

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2004
I used to believe that Nvidia would release the 6800 Ultra and ATI the X800 XT because of the supposed memory shortage. After all this I'm not sure what to think anymore.

There's another thread on the HotDeals forum (sorry, too lazy to link it) that NewEgg is shipping the 6800 Ultra. Matter of fact they had a stock of 100 at one point. So where is the X800 XT? Guess the memory theory was wrong!

Since I got in on the $398 deal, I still think the X800 XT is the best deal at this price. I really don't want to have to try to find a 6800 deal this late in the game.

Getting tired of the delays and the excuses. If I found out from GW that my order was cancelled, I think I would pretty much lose it

EDIT - Newegg sold out of the Ultras. Dang, think about that - they gouged on the price multiplied x 100.

firerock

Jun 2, 2004
Well, my original order date was 6-13 and my latest delivery date is 8-12. It is only 2 days away....but I kind of give up already. So, today I jumped ship and went to my local Best Buy to get BFG6800GTOC. Yes, I paid MSRP, but at least I have the card in my hand and I can use it anytime now. If GW's deal still come through, I will sell/return/ebay my BFG. If not, I already have this card and I will just stay with BFG. This whole situation is just a horrendous messed up by ATi and GW. ATi has a great product on their side, but they just couldn't get cards out on time. Even if I were willing to pay $499.99 + tax for it, I still can't find one...unless I want to spend $800+ for it. This is by far the worst paper launch I've seen in recent years.

Flawless

May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: SimpleTim
On the sixth Flawless said they were sending it overnight.

Flawless. Yooo hoooo!

Update, plz

WHEN they send it, it will be overnight delivery. Not that they were overnighting it that day. DOH! I'm about done with GW and talking to 3+ people everytime I call. My delivery date is 13Aug so, if it isn't here by then, I'll call again and recieve yet another lie.

superfob99

Feb 22, 2002
Woot, my estimated order got changed to August 9th to Not Availble. I guess they'll just keep stringing me along.

AMDScooter

Jan 30, 2001
I can afford to wait a long time for the savings involved, just hope it gets here sometime before HL2. :)

EddNog

Oct 25, 1999
39 pages and going strong...

...still, not even one person has yet to receive their X800XT PE in this entire thread from Gateway. I joined this thread after I had made my order on June 3rd. It's August 11th, ladies and gentlemen!!!

grohl

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2004
Interesting to note that Newegg has an ETA for the Asus X800 XT as 8/14. At least I can trust this online retailer.

My ETA is unchanged from 8/18. I can dream, at least.

Jun 22, 2004
Not sure if this was posted before, but if you go to ATI's website and select you'd like to buy it, you get one link to CompUSA for the XT platinum card. It lists Sept 20 as the estimated arrival date for the card. Hopefully Gateway will honor their price if ATI ships as late as Sept

I'll hold out until HL2 or EQ2 comes out, and I'll let ya'll know if I get it for $434 still

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I don't know if this is true but my friend who ordered from CDW said he got a call today saying ATI has discontinued the x800xt/pe. If this is true, my question is, I am legally allowed make open threats on the forums.

EddNog

Oct 25, 1999
Whoa whoa whoa...

That would imply not even having a 16-pipe part on the market (with the exception of that strange Pro VIVO) anymore! I seriously doubt that ATi would really settle for this and just give up.

Well, this makes me much happier that I cancelled my order with CDW. :)

Averox

Apr 13, 2002
Haha, I actually went to a CompUSSR this Sunday to ask about any XT PE cards. :\ Apparently they *had* 5 in stock at a Mt. Laurel, PA store. I knew though if they were in stock at all, they're gone now.

BATCH71

Diamond Member
May 5, 2001
FWIW, I too have cancelled. I really wanted that card. The rep from GW has told me that they received an internal memo from ATI that said they will be supplying all orders for the XT/PE cards. Unfortunatley they can only produce roughly 30 cards per day and will be fufiling orders on a first come first serve basis. Now this tells me they are having major fallouts with the chips or they are not able to aquire the ram needed to make the cards as sold. Sorry ATI, Nvidia is getting my money this time. $800 at best buy on Tuesday afternoon for (2) and the only (2) in stock BFG6800GT's. Both cards clock to 425/1200. The cards have all copper heatpipes on them and 2 blue led fans. Look sweet and man does doom3 absolutley rock with these cards. Goodbye gateway and ATI. May you win my business another day. Getting off soapbox now :)

Dave

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
ok interesting article

called gateway again. they probably sick of me by now.

Said, called me to add another 13 days to the initial date that they gave me.
This is getting stupid.
I'm not going to even believe they have it in stock until a very long time.

Apr 26, 2004
Ehh, since I've seen some of these cards in ppl's hands, and it's ATI's only official 16 pipe part, I don't for a moment believe they're being discontinued. I think a more likely event would be FanBoy Syndrome. While there are some strong supporters of both camps here, I've yet to see anandtech'ers reduced to the sycophantic drivvle that sites like the Hardforums are almost overtaken by. Never underestimate someone who lives and dies by which video card he likes, and nothing else.

Or, could be CDW wants to get out from under a crapload of Pre-orders that they don't know when they'll be able to fill.

I'm sure my 8/13 arrival date will come and go, but I'm sticking with this one. I'll at least let it ride until the gouging settles down on everything else.

LordGMan

Jul 16, 2004
I just got a call from PC Connection stating that ATI has discontinued the X800 XT card and I should convert my order to a x800 Pro for a reduced price of $399 or cancel. LOL.

The inquirer.net has a post that this is [ATI Discontinue to CDW etc.] a hoax letter, time for me to do some research. I ordered June 26 from Gateway and PC Conection to see who would ship first. :(

Cheers
Lord G-Man

superfob99

Feb 22, 2002
Well my order status now shows 9/9 for estimated shipping. At this point it might as well be 9/9/05. I'm defintely cancelling when I can get a good deal on a 6800GT.