November 4th, 2008

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: M0RPH

What they will do is go on with their lives.

On the other hand, had the superdelegate vote not gone Obama's way, I would not have been shocked to see blacks rioting in the streets. Think about that one.

I would have been surprised. I didn't see any women rioting in the streets when the superdelegate vote didn't go Hillary's way.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Eeezee

What they will do is go on with their lives.

On the other hand, had the superdelegate vote not gone Obama's way, I would not have been shocked to see blacks rioting in the streets. Think about that one.

I would have been surprised. I didn't see any women rioting in the streets when the superdelegate vote didn't go Hillary's way.

They will be voting via electoral delegates and they are red.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ericlp

Really, tho, my dad would never vote for a black person. Dunno what his problem is probably because he grew up with lot's of bad info...

Could it be maybe that your dad has seen what happens when black people take over communities? Look at what has happened in inner cities. I don't know where you're from, but here in Michigan we've all see what happened to Detroit, the wasteland that it has become and the corruption among the people they choose to lead their community. Yeah, there is plenty of racism here but is it all really just the result of "bad info"? Is it ignorance to take a poor view of how blacks let their communities go to sh*t and not want that where you live?

As to how this applies to Obama, obviously he does not represent all the negatives of the black community, however for these people who have grown up in these areas where they have seen this stuff, it's hard to just turn off these feelings and there is going to be some guilt by association when they see a black man running for president.

It's interesting to note that the heavily white states that did vote for Obama are places where there has been no large black community and urban blight that comes with it.

That's a very superficial view on things. Completely ignores Economic realities that were often the result of Racism.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: Corbett
I only counted about 5 who were outright racist. The others just said they wouldnt vote for Obama. That does not make them racist because they will not vote for him.

but that's what the Obama supporters will have you believe. It doesn't matter that one doesn't believe in universal healthcare, is against mandating a percentage of our GDP to third world countries, is anti-abortion or doesn't believe in amnesty for illegals. If you don't vote for Obama you must be racist.

Really? This isn't like someone reading racism into innocent comments, people are flat out saying they don't like Obama because he's black. People are harping on his middle name and "Muslim" background instead of discussing the issues. Now not everyone is doing it, but those who are are clearly racists and/or bigots, I can't imagine you don't think those people are still around and still pose a problem in our society.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Maybe they will go back to Europe where they came from. Where they fit right in complaining about all the recent immigrants.

If the white Europeans left the country it would cease to run. Somebody has to pull the wagon for all the grifters riding in it.

:roll::thumbsdown:

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: CPA
I only counted about 5 who were outright racist. The others just said they wouldnt vote for Obama. That does not make them racist because they will not vote for him.

but that's what the Obama supporters will have you believe. It doesn't matter that one doesn't believe in universal healthcare, is against mandating a percentage of our GDP to third world countries, is anti-abortion or doesn't believe in amnesty for illegals. If you don't vote for Obama you must be racist.

Really? This isn't like someone reading racism into innocent comments, people are flat out saying they don't like Obama because he's black. People are harping on his middle name and "Muslim" background instead of discussing the issues. Now not everyone is doing it, but those who are are clearly racists and/or bigots, I can't imagine you don't think those people are still around and still pose a problem in our society.

And like I said, theres only MAYBE 5 people in that video who are outright racists. The rest just don't support Obama in general. Watch it again if you need to.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
The rest just don't support Obama in general.
Wrong. The rest were given a free pass by the reporter.

If he did his job by asking the tough questions, he would've got the real answer. The lady in the cafe is a perfect example.

Inept West Virginian: I think anyone who is President should be from this country.

Answer: Obama was born in Hawaii. McCain was born in Panama. Only one of those is a state.

Inept West Virginian: Panama...right? But he's a Mooselim.

Answer: Obama was raised a Christian and has attended church for decades.

Inept West Virginian: There's something not right about him. He's a lot darker than your average candidate.

Answer: Bingo!