Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
- Feb 14, 2004
Lots of pre-Black Friday, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and leftover TV deals going on this month. If you find a good deal, post a price & a link! Here are a few live deals (as of November 8th) to start out with:
- 43" 4K Sceptre U435CV-UMC: $250
- 55" 4K Sceptre U550CV-U: $330
- 65" 4K Hitachi 65L6: $700 - UPDATE! Now $599!!
- 75" 4K Philips 75PFL6601: $1500
- You can still find 1080p sets, but the 4K sets are being drastically reduced. The next hot thing is HDR & OLED.
- Most cheap sets are 60hz. Some advertise 120hz as the "effective" rate, but are really 60hz base. Keep that in mind if you watch sports or play video games.
- 55" is the sweet spot right now. Jumping up to 65" doubles or triples the price.
- Keep an eye out for any specific features you want (Smart TV, 3D capability, curved display, etc.).
- Cheetah (Amazon) & Monoprice both sell cheap TV mounts. Special note, Monoprice now sells an above-mantle fireplace mount for $150, which pulls down for eye-level viewing (also has an 18-degree swing). Fireplace mounts are typically $300 - $500, so that's a pretty good deal.
- Lots of good cheap players available: Roku (starting at $30 for the 1080p model), Amazon Fire Stick ($40 with voice remote, easy to hack KODI onto), and newcomer Xiaomi Mi box ($70, 4K@60fps Android TV player).