Novaform Queen Mattress $399 Costco DEAD

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WilliamBanks

May 29, 2014
I have one of the older models of these and love them. I once considered spending the ungodly amount of money on one of the big name brand mattresses and am very happy I opted for a costco sale instead.

Last edited:

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
My son bought the queen size for his guest bedroom back when it was first on sale and paired it with a $149. Ikea frame and their SULTAN LURÖY slatted bed base. With tax the frame and slats were ~$210. total. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39930582/
I helped him assemble the frame and was surprised at the high quality for the price.
My wife and I slept on it for a few nights. She thought it was too firm. I like a firm mattress and found it to be fine. If you like a soft mattress, i.e., a pillowtop, then this is not the mattress for you.

Specs:
Mattress thickness: 14"
Top layer: 3 inches of 3 lb. density gel memory foam
Middle layer: 3 inches of 2 lb. density air channel foam
Bottom layer: 8 inches of 2 lb. density base foam

A good article on Discount vs High-Quality Memory Foam: What's The Difference? http://www.memoryfoammattress-guide.org/discount-vs-high-quality-memory-foam-whats-the-difference/

Last edited:

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
My son bought the queen size back when it was first on sale and paired it with a $149. Ikea frame and their SULTAN LURÖY slatted bed base. With tax the frame and slats were ~$210. total. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39930582/
I helped him assemble the frame and was surprised at the high quality for the price.
My wife and I slept on it for a few nights. She thought it was too firm. I like a firm mattress and found it to be fine. If you like a soft mattress, i.e., a pillowtop, then this is not the mattress for you.

I am a believer in testing out a mattress, so I wouldn't buy one online. My local Costco does have a sample square you can check out. Its not big enough to lie on and test your entire body on, but you can lay down on your back and get a general idea. Plus being Costco, its easy to return if you don't like it.

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Plus being Costco, its easy to return if you don't like it.

Costco's Returns/Warranty
"Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.

If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up."

The mattress comes compressed in a large box and decompresses fully in just a few hours. There is no way that you will be able to get it back in the box.
I'm assuming that if you want to return it that it will have to be as is.

How long after you purchase it will Costco take it back??

Last edited:

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I spoke to John over at Costco, he is one of the people I know that works there. He said people return mattresses all the time, they can be taken back within reason, time wise, is what he said. Didn't give me any specific time frame. They have large plastic bags they give you when you return them. You can put it in the bag at the store, they do it for sanitation reasons, you do not have to put the memory foam mattresses back in the box.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
If it's not on the exception list it's basically for the life of your membership.

I got the feeling that's not exactly true, he made it seem like they could refuse to take it back, if you tried after a few years. Maybe you could argue that its not on the exception list though.

alaricljs

Golden Member
May 11, 2005
What I've seen returned to my area Costcos argues that at least around here they follow the letter of the agreement with very little argument.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
What I've seen returned to my area Costcos argues that at least around here they follow the letter of the agreement with very little argument.

I talked to another employee the other day about returns. He has seen people buy meat and return the empty package. He even told me buy milk drink one and bring the other back. That's not something I would do, but he said people do it. Best thing to do if someone is indeed going to buy a mattress, verify the return policy on it.

zposter

Mar 23, 2007
I returned a king foam mattress to Costco after one of the air chambers went bad and the manufacturer didn't make replacements for the part. This was about 4 years after buying it and using it for 3 years.

Costco phone support told me they could schedule a pickup. However I didn't keep the packaging so I just hauled the disassembled bed in. They looked up the old purchase and refunded what I paid for it.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I am updating this thread to let people know this deal still gets activated. I checked my local Costco, its once again $399 for a queen in store, $499 on the site. The sale should last until the next coupon cycle.