Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
they caught the suspect.

LeadingWhiteHedgehog-size_restricted.gif

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
Wow that's horrible :/ I wonder how it started

Probably a stupid plumber soldering a joint on a copper pipe. I had a plumbing leak in a copper pipe at my last home. I had a plumber come and "fix" the leak. Half hour after the plumber left, and just as we were about to leave the house, my wife saw that there was smoke coming out from under the cabinet where the sink is. The dumbass set the wall behind the cabinet on fire. If she hadn't noticed, the fire department said our whole house would have burned down. The Fire department tore my whole kitchen wall and cabinets apart getting to all of the fire. What a freakin' mess. Insurance covered the damage but when they went after this bonded and insured plumbing company, he filed for bankruptcy. He never paid a dime in damages.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
It is sad. I was just there last June with the family and got to see a lot of the historical artifacts and unique displays on the back side. It was weird at the time but I was thinking this stuffs should be in a modern museum because what if there's a fire. The spire that collapsed is above the altar. Even attended a mass - not Catholic but the wife is - and it was definitely a bigger deal than the typical Sunday mass. All gone and it is sad. Sure it can be rebuilt but can't be replaced.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
man, i've always wanted to go there

never did because i worry about going to a non-english speaking place
y1IFwRZ.png

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
make sure you carry lots of spare change...restuarants charge to use their toilets.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Probably a stupid plumber soldering a joint on a copper pipe. I had a plumbing leak in a copper pipe at my last home. I had a plumber come and "fix" the leak. Half hour after the plumber left, and just as we were about to leave the house, my wife saw that there was smoke coming out from under the cabinet where the sink is. The dumbass set the wall behind the cabinet on fire. If she hadn't noticed, the fire department said our whole house would have burned down. The Fire department tore my whole kitchen wall and cabinets apart getting to all of the fire. What a freakin' mess. Insurance covered the damage but when they went after this bonded and insured plumbing company, he filed for bankruptcy. He never paid a dime in damages.
Funnily enough there were renovations going on and they suspect those. Not sure if it was a plumber though!

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
As the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris burned Monday, U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted that France should use “flying water tankers” to put out the blaze as firefighters fought to save one of the country’s most iconic landmarks.

If they do that, they will collapse the remaining structure.
What a moron

Last edited:

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
Hope they have renters insurance, told that humpback to quit smoking...that sucks.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
As the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris burned Monday, U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted that France should use “flying water tankers” to put out the blaze as firefighters fought to save one of the country’s most iconic landmarks.

If they do that, they will collapse the remaining structure.
What a moron

I don't even know what's real and not anymore... did... did he really say that? lmao.

Reactions: stargazr