Noticed the price of gas has gone down.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
ch.gaschart

Gas spiked on 10/04/13: We were AT SC.
10/05/13 at South Carolina * TV Columbia, S.C. L, 35-28

Gas spiked on 10/14/13...Two DAYS AFTER the Alabama game and were off for nearly 2 weeks.
10/12/13 vs. Alabama * TV Lexington, Ky. L, 48-7
10/24/13 at Mississippi State * TV Starkville, Miss. L, 28-22

We are playing Alabama State....Gas spiked 5 days BEFORE the game against a division 2 school?!?
11/02/13 vs. Alabama State TV Lexington, Ky. 7:30 p.m. ET

There is ZERO logic in your saying, period.

Last edited:

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Whatever, enjoy your gas spikes of greater than $0.30/gal.

You're being as ass now. Whatever? I'm the one bitching about gas jumping for no reason and you're trying to pull one out of your ass to justify it. When called on it, you become a smartass?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Well the wild price fluctuations without a reason seems to be the Oil Thugs latest ploy to make extra profits pillaging the American people as evidenced by one of the posters on here that works in the Oil Thug Industry.

Finally got an acknowledgement from the local media on it.

While some areas of the Country dip below $3 you still have areas where they are still $1 higher with 30 cent swings in a single day without a reason other than to price gouge the people.

They are so far only admitting to a swing of 20 cents although clearly we are seeing 30 cents swings.

Industry insiders such as Gasbuddy.com are in the business of raping the people as well obviously so don't trust them.

Oil and gas is plentiful so they had to come up with a new scheme and that is wild price swings effectively skimming the public.

But their shit does not get by me without being noticed and reported on.

Doesn't do any good until enough Americans get tired of it.

Until then like the Oil Thug on here said "Enjoy the price fluctuations".

11-3-2013

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...mbers-during-midwestern-gas-price-fluctuation

Reports: Kokomo sees most extreme numbers during Midwestern gas-price fluctuation

Wild fluctuations in local gasoline prices that are becoming more common across the nation are the most extreme in the north-central Indiana city of Kokomo.

The city about 45 miles north of Indianapolis regularly sees 10-cent or even 20-cent price changes in a single day.

GasBuddy.com says Kokomo's gas prices swing on average 5 cents every day and 16 cents every week. Those are the nation's biggest fluctuations, followed by those in Flint, Mich.

Gas prices have been somewhat steady and not too high in Indianapolis in recent weeks. Check out area gas prices in Indy here.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Industry insiders such as Gasbuddy.com are in the business of raping the people as well obviously so don't trust them.

How is GasBuddy.com an insider.

They display what people report. I have yet to find them drastically wrong on prices. (Always +/- $0.02)
They may issue mobile alerts to price jumps that they are seeing; what is wrong with that?

Please explain how GasBuddy is in the business of raping the public? :confused:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Quote:

How is GasBuddy.com an insider.

They display what people report. I have yet to find them drastically wrong on prices. (Always +/- $0.02)
They may issue mobile alerts to price jumps that they are seeing; what is wrong with that?

Please explain how GasBuddy is in the business of raping the public? :confused:

What is there to explain, their so called "Analysts" post bullshit propaganda for the Oil Thugs.

That says it all right there.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

What is there to explain, their so called "Analysts" post bullshit propaganda for the Oil Thugs.

The data is correct in the service they provide to the public; their propaganda is just as valid as yours.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I don't have anything to do with the Oil Thug Industry so what I have is my opinion and facts not propaganda.

Not surprised you can't see the difference.

You do not present facts to back up your propaganda theories.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Quote:

"Bullshit propaganda"? How is posting fairly accurate gas prices "bullshit propaganda"? You are a world class idiot, the kind of idiot that makes normal idiots look like Albert Fucking Einstein.

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
Gas was something like $3.40 at a Shell station right off of I-5 here in the Rogue Valley.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lowest average in months in Lexington and was able to get gas for $2.99 per gallon today on the east side of town. Now to sit and wait for the $0.30 (or more) spike like we usually get, heh.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Lowest average in months in Lexington and was able to get gas for $2.99 per gallon today on the east side of town. Now to sit and wait for the $0.30 (or more) spike like we usually get, heh.

Seeing it locally in Denver for under $3.10 and got it at $3 at Sams Club this week. Down $0.15-0.20 in past two weeks.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Have to go out for Milk this morning.

Will see if it came down around $3 mark yet. Was $3.07 on Friday.

Like you said most likely not a long wait to see the next 30 cent jump.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Did not last long. Many stations raised gas $0.30 today to $3.35. SMH

I'm sure the rest will follow, as usual, within 24 hours.

Oil prices are down....no big games being played right now....anything else that I missed?

Last edited: