Nothing Like Being Told What to Do or NOT Do in Private.....grrrrrrrrrr

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

(Errrrr, NOT that this applies to ME...lol)

Apparently a vital legal right of women is being taken away in the state of Alabama. Taken from Neal Boortz's site

"UH OH. THOSE OF YOU IN ALABAMA PUT AWAY YOUR VIBRATORS

Last year vibrators became legal in Alabama. That was last year. This is now.

U.S. District Judge Lynwood Smith ruled last year that the Alabama legislature had no legitimate interest in passing a law banning sex toys. Now a three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta has disagreed. The new ruling? Alabama has a "legitimate interest in public morality."

The Alabama Attorney General, Bill Pryor, is elated. No word yet if he is going to start enforcing the law before appeals are exhausted.

Imagine --- if the law stands, Alabama can put a woman in jail for one year and fine her $10,000 for going into the privacy of her bedroom in her home --- with nobody else around --- and using any device to stimulated her privates.

That's the Alabama view of freedom"

Btw, this is NOT a sexual discussion topic, but rather a question of whether governmental agencies should have THAT much power in our private lives. I personally feel that it's none of the State of Alabama's darn business. Bah humbug.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I thought the law was against the selling and purchasing of these products. Not the usage. Big difference.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What any american does in thier homes is none of the Federal Goverments, State Goverments, Local Goverments or anyones damn business! This "legitimate interest in public morality" is nothing more than the Christian right keeping us "sinners" in line with their beliefs. This is why a separation of chuch and state is so important, we can not elect Born-agains and other ultra conservitive religious people to public office. Its just sickening if you ask me.

ty for the spell check.

SHUX

Impact55

Platinum Member
Feb 16, 2000
Beep...Beep ---- Automatic Spell Checker ----

seperated = separated
thier = their

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
My wife is laughing and wants to know if the grocery stores are able to keep the supply of cucumbers and other phallic fruits and veggies well stocked! ROFLMAO! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA! :D

SHUX

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
ROFL, Shux...yeah, kinda makes one wonder exactly HOW they're going to go about enforcing this, doesn't it???

"M'am, I'm sorry, but we're going to have to confiscate all cylindrical-shaped objects in your home since they have potential for perversion." LOL

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, again, I think that the Alabama state legislature's crossed the line in the issue of morality vs. good sense and people's right to privacy.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The funny thing is most women I know, even if they own such a device, let their "fingers do the walking"...how the heck are thay gonna stop that? Morals my butt......

SHUX

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Can a male be jailed and fined $10,000 for using his hand to stimulate his "privates?"

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd have somebody else take care of the "stimulation" for me...I'd "get off" on a technicality ;)

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
NFS4, now you have to clean my keyboard 'cause that horrible pun of yours made me laugh and spit coffee all over it...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. lol

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
hmmmmmm, so lets see here, if you are not engaging in sexual intercourse for the sole reason of reproduction then technically the mans organ is a device for stimulation of the female..........MY GOD, they are trying to outlaw men, the bastards!!!!!!!! ;)

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Hmmmmmm....from THAT point of view, ratkil, you might make me reconsider my stance on this law being a BAD thing!! :p

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Well there goes my plans to move to Alabama. :p

I cannot believe in this day and age that a law like that could even be considered, let alone passed. All I want to know is, who has the job of investigating the charges? I mean, is there a Anti Vibrator Division that you call if you hear a strange humming from the neighbors bedroom at night? ;)

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

ROFLMAO GF!!!!!!!!! Since I picked on you yesterday and you're not quite even yet I'm gonna be REALLY nice and avoid pointing out that it's obviously gotten out of hand (no pun intended..seriously!) when you let your ..ummm...hobbies dictate your state of residence! hehehehehe Whew, was that worded delicately, or what?!?!
;)

As for the enforcement of this law, eeeeeeeeesh, I dunno. Would've been a great question to ask the Alabama State Legislature, huh? I can't even imagine being the first person prosecuted for this, although it'd almost be worth it just for the entertainment value.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
OK, if you see a redhead on Cop's being handcuffed screaming "I was just using my back massager!" that is sooo not me... :p

unxpur8d: Come on, take a chance and be the first. Just think of the stand you could make for womenkind! You could be our vibrator poster child.. :D

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe we'll see a marked increase in the smuggling of sex toys. People will start stashing them in various parts of the car to avoid detection -- the tailpipe comes to mind. Will they train dogs to sniff out latex?

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Gee, GF, I'd love to - but I'm afraid my duties as Poster Child for the Mentally Unstable would interfere....drat it all. :(

But you'll have my full support if you wanna take the honor!! ;)

Again, it's just unbelievable that people would actually think it's their place to legally regulate what goes on between consenting adults in the privacy of their own home...OR consenting adults and semi-inanimate objects.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I would like to take this opportunity to offer myself and my services to all the law abiding ladies of Alabama. Free of charge mind you, I'm not in this for money. I just want to lend myself to the female community in their time of need.

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
heh, great. Now I have this mental image of GF and unxpurg8d both dressed up like Daisy Duke smuggling latex across the state line in a beat up Dodge with a souped up big block. hmmmmmm, gee that's not a bad image to have.......k...gotta go now, be back soon........

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
the bigger question is ratkil, which got u to leave, the thought of gf and unxpurg8d dressed up or the dodge w/ the big block?:)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< I guess this is what conservatives mean by less govnernment >>

Exactly.

SHUX