Nothing Ever Changes But The Dates And The Locations

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
They need to examine this police response. Able to take the shooter in custody within 5 minutes of all the 911 calls
It probably helped that it sounds like the shooter just turned themselves in "peacefully". I can't imagine that happens all that frequently.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
They need to examine this police response. Able to take the shooter in custody within 5 minutes of all the 911 calls
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving my local police department did a mock raid of the middle school by our house (school was out). It's fucking sad this is needed.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
1 count of terrorism. 4 counts of 1st degree murder. 7 counts of assault. 12 counts possession of a firearm. The gun was purchased by his father 4 days ago and not safely secured. So they will probably have charges against them

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
1 count of terrorism. 4 counts of 1st degree murder. 7 counts of assault. 12 counts possession of a firearm. The gun was purchased by his father 4 days ago and not safely secured. So they will probably have charges against them

I just saw the parents might get charged. Why in this case? I mean I support it but why hasn't this really happened before for the American Conservative tradition of school shootings?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

And he's being charged as an adult.

"Michigan prosecutors said video from the school surveillance cameras shows the shooting suspect 'methodically and deliberately' walking the hallways and aiming a gun at students and firing."

“A preliminary review of the defendant's social media accounts, his cellphone, as well as other documented evidence recovered on scene showed that this defendant planned this shooting, he deliberately brought the handgun that day with the intent to murder as many students as he could.”

Nov 17, 2019
Apparently Momma's a real sugarpie if you can find a link to her letter to Donny a few years back. I've only seen snippets and don't have a source for it.

Reactions: dank69

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Yeah her blog said she didn't mind being grabbed by the pussy.

Signed her open letter to the orange menace.

"It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”

The Daily Beast: Ethan Crumbley's Chilling Journal Seized, Parents Scrutinized After Oxford High School, Michigan Mass Shooting.

Reactions: dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Relevant:
iJCedBR.jpeg

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah her blog said she didn't mind being grabbed by the pussy.

Signed her open letter to the orange menace.

"It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”

The Daily Beast: Ethan Crumbley's Chilling Journal Seized, Parents Scrutinized After Oxford High School, Michigan Mass Shooting.
Sounds like a wonderful environment to grow up in.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
This shit isnt even front page news anymore. Really sad that we’ve become so desensitized to this.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
The important thing to always remember is that nothing can ever be done about this. Ever. The tree of the morons needs blood of the innocent children... It's in the constitution as I understand it and said by some slave rapist so it's very important to 'muricans who can never change anything cuz they're "exceptional" (I'd call it "special") and what has worked in any and every other nation to improve the lives of everyone can never work there... cuz... special.

Reactions: KMFJD and hal2kilo

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
This shit isnt even front page news anymore. Really sad that we’ve become so desensitized to this.

Why would it be? It's just innocent people getting killed, who cares about that when the VP bought a POT FOR $350!!!! I mean, I don't get it, but you have to, you built this society.

• Haha
Reactions: digiram

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
4 charges of involuntary manslaughter charges. I really wonder what the kid was doing that he was sent to the office and parents called. But then allowed to return back to class. But most concerning, he had the gun with him during the meeting. So wonder why he didn’t decide to kill school staff and parents and then wander the hallways to kill students

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
4 charges of involuntary manslaughter charges. I really wonder what the kid was doing that he was sent to the office and parents called. But then allowed to return back to class. But most concerning, he had the gun with him during the meeting. So wonder why he didn’t decide to kill school staff and parents and then wander the hallways to kill students

Those are the charges against his parents.

Nov 17, 2019
That might be tough to prove. Some sort of contributing to deliquency of a minor, or other charge relating to neglect might have been a better choice.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
That might be tough to prove. Some sort of contributing to deliquency of a minor, or other charge relating to neglect might have been a better choice.
Well based on his IG post the night before, the Sig bought by the dad was for the son. So if they saw change on personality, they should be held liable also

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving my local police department did a mock raid of the middle school by our house (school was out). It's fucking sad this is needed.
They had an active shooter drill at my daughter's elementary school. That's the sad reality we are living in.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

I heard that there were two recent reports made to school officials about the boy denoting disturbing/worrying behavior. I can't recall when the first one was, but the latter was only hours before the murders. (That being what you're referencing.) It makes me wonder if schools need to start being excessively proactive about searching students in that sort of situation. Of course, as you mentioned, we don't know what he did that personnel found to be disturbing enough to call in the parents, but if they were worried that he might be a danger to himself or others, searching him and his effects might have turned up the weapon.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Those are the charges against his parents.

Nothin but some more law abiding citizens exercising their 2nd amendment rights.
The day before the shooting, an Oxford High School teacher reported Ethan Crumbley, a sophomore at the school, after they spotted him using his phone to search for ammunition, the prosecutor said.

School officials left a voicemail and email for Jennifer Crumbley, who did not respond, according to McDonald. But Crumbley sent a text message to her son that said "LOL I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."

Then, on the morning of the shooting, the prosecutor said, Crumbley's teacher found a drawing on Ethan's desk depicting a handgun, bullet and shooting victim, with the words "blood everywhere" and "the thoughts won't stop, help me."

Disturbed, the teacher informed school authorities, who called both James and Jennifer Crumbley to the school, where they were told they would be required to seek counseling for their son.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/03/1061190344/michigan-school-shooting-parents-oxford-charged

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

And the gun was kept unlocked in a drawer in the parents' bedroom. I suppose that could be a charge.