'nother college shooting

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Evil exists. That the state prevents combatting evil means the blood is on the states hands.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
01125106.Par.39917.ImageFile.jpg

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Evil exists. That the state prevents combatting evil means the blood is on the states hands.

Oh since it's the state's fault then please continue on and make light of the situation at the victims' expense. I'm sure that's what a good christian would do.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Look at all the assholes making light of people dying in a state that's trying to get rid of gun violence by getting rid of guns, while ignoring the fact that it's easy to get these guns from another state. Will things be so funny when your loved ones are dead because of someone on a rampage?

Getting rid of guns would be a bad idea even if you could completely disarm criminals, which you can't. Can't even come close.

Never mind the fact that guns do not cause gun crime, bad socioeconomic factors do. But modern politicians are happy to put a bandaid over a stab wound and let the internal bleeding continue.

"When"? I love the odds of not getting shot by a mass shooter in the US. I could take those odds to Vegas with $1 in my pocket and come back a billionaire with astronomically minimal risk.

Also, last I checked Santa Monica is on the coast, a good 200+ miles away from any other state. Assuming he acquired the gun elsewhere (which we don't know), he was pretty committed.

Last edited:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Getting rid of guns would be a bad idea even if you could completely disarm criminals, which you can't. Can't even come close.

Never mind the fact that guns do not cause gun crime, bad socioeconomic factors do. But modern politicians are happy to put a bandaid over a stab wound and let the internal bleeding continue.

"When"? I love the odds of getting shot by a mass shooter in the US. I could take those odds to Vegas with $1 in my pocket and come back a billionaire with astronomically minimal risk.

Also, last I checked Santa Monica is on the coast, a good 200+ miles away from any other state. Assuming he acquired the gun elsewhere (which we don't know), he was pretty committed.

So many flaws in this post...

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
So many flaws in this post...

No, not really. I'd be happy to explain the flaws in your perspective to your heart's content though.

Edit: Found one grammar flaw in previous post, should have been "odds of not being shot by a mass shooter".

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Errr, what? California is one of the few states that allows concealed handgun licensees to carry on college campuses, and always has been.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Errr, what? California is one of the few states that allows concealed handgun licensees to carry on college campuses, and always has been.

Assuming you can even get a permit, which is entirely dependent on which locality you live in.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Two hours and, what, 7 replies? The world is such a different place than it was even a few years ago...

Possible second shooter involved, seems very unclear.

For one thing it's a little difficult to comment with so much conflicting info etc.

For another, while it's likely a temporary aberration, so many of the early posts in threads like used to be "OMGz, it's crazed white right-wing TEA bagger" or "Look, more radical Muslim terror!!!", or "it's a govt hoax, never happened!"; since those were so often wrong maybe people have come to their senses and are waiting to find out the facts being jumping to conclusions. One can hope.

Fern

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
guns aren't the reason. I could come to school with two 2.5lb dumbbells in my bag and easily kill a half dozen people before police arrive.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
guns aren't the reason. I could come to school with two 2.5lb dumbbells in my bag and easily kill a half dozen people before police arrive.

Yeah, but your arms are registered with the BATF as destructive devices on a form 1.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Just food for thought....has any "right wing tea party gun rights nut" gone on a seemingly random shooting rampage with an AR-15?

Or is it just these mentally deranged and chemically dependent fuck tards?

These "tards" will somehow get their hands on semi-automatic weapons with high capacity magazines...regardless of what the laws are.

So here we go again, our medical system failing to really offer any guidance or facility to place these people.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'm a little skeptical of the story so far.

Guy was just about to turn 24 (WTH was he doing in JUCO?). His parents are said to have divorced not long after he was born. So, basically all his life they were divorced and that sets him off now?

Fern