Notes from overclocking experience

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
So I finally got my new rig running after two weeks of RMAing and getting the run around by UPS and such. First a little backstory on that, my rig is in my sig but the first Epox mobo I was sent was dead after a day so I had to RMA it and such before I could get my rig working again

So I finally got the new mobo yesterday(dang crappy UPS) but anyways, so I decided to see how my spanking new venice would OC and mind you this is my first AMD proc and first time OCing a processor in general...So after installing everything making sure it's stable I decided that I'd overclock her this morning when I got home from the hospital(work).

So first I tried an easy OC, 2100, it fires right up idling at around 31C, then I just decided to go all out push her to the limit, after a couple trial and errors she fired up at 305x9.....2745 on stock HSF!!! Of course this was with a ram divider and volt boosting on the chipset, RAM and proc, prime stable for about an hour running 35C @ idle and about 44C full load :D

I think I definitely got a beautiful chip from AMD and beautiful board from Epox, for those wondering my venice is week 25 of this year YBBLE. Either way I think I'm hooked on overclocking and I'm thinking I'll have to ask for aftermarket HSF from Santa this year :p

Anyways thought I'd share my wonderful experiences so far :)

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If that's Venice is an E6 it's an excellent chip. If it's an E3 then it's at least right on par.

Doesn't beat mine, though :evil:

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I wish I could go higher on my Venice, but my MSI K8N won't give me more than 1.55v for the VCore, even though I'd not mind it running 1.6v.
Damned MSI.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Spending an extra 50 dollars on something like an Xp 90 with panflo or Big typoon will just kill the value part of the venice :). Stick with stock and spend the 50 dollars on something like......................

Fear.