notebook wireless slow to wake

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by marcplante, Nov 6, 2012.

1. marcplante

marcplante Senior member

I have an asus notebook that is slow to restart wireless after sleep.it has a twin in the household that works fine. Is there a way to see a log of what it is doing when it wakes from sleep to figure out what is allowing it down? Otherwise, I'll have to reset it to factory image and be a little more systematic about
    Updates to settings.

Thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - notebook wireless slow Forum Date
    "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" Computer Help Apr 11, 2017
    Notebook freezes after swapping HDD with SSD Computer Help Jan 18, 2017
    Integrated Wireless Gateway Notebook: Error Code 10 Device cannot start Computer Help Feb 24, 2008
    Getting online with wireless notebook....help! Computer Help Dec 25, 2004
    Dell Notebook 802.11b Wireless issue HEEEELP! Computer Help Oct 12, 2003

3. jolancer

jolancer Senior member

can you be more specific? does wireless or wireless options not even turn on or respond? does the wireless adapter respond right away but just take a while to re-establish the link to the router? or is it connected to the router right away aswell but just takes a while for web pages on the internet to start after first initializing from the sleep?

4. marcplante

marcplante Senior member

after the computer wakes from sleep the wireless adapter indicates not available. Then after about 10 seconds the status goes to available, connections available not connected. If I leave it alone, the connection establishes after ~60 seconds.

I have:

-Turned off power savings for the Atheros WIFI driver in the Device manager ("disable device to save power").
    - Checked wireless settings in the power management software (both Win and Asus aftermarket).
    - Uninstalled the ASUS extra wireless Control Panel.

5. jolancer

jolancer Senior member

seems like a simple enough question, iv never had to deal with it though and honestly dont know.

only guess i have right now is... maybe the specific connection settings for your router arn't specified in the connection settings of the notebook? so has to seach for the router an doesn't reconnect right away... or is there a much longer list of 'prefered networks' saved in the connection settings then the other notebook? so maybe it just takes longer cause its going through a longer list?