Not the best test of a katana

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
now you have to do that with a bottle with water in it and take high speed pictures or slow motion filming :)

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Did the sword come in the mail today or did you get it on Friday?

My question is was the bottle standing there on its own and you did one of those cool slices where you posed and then the top slowly slid away from the bottom?

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
hispeed vid por favor. It would be like the thing on mythbusters they always show where they stick and exacto knife in a water balloon.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Came the other day at my place of business, but I picked it up today.

The bottle wasn't held down or anything if that's what you mean. The top flew, but the bottom stayed where it was. I really didn't feel the impact.

Now I need a cutting mat :D

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
I always test my katanas on the heads of my prisoners :evil:

I saw this few hundred year old one for sale that came with a certificate when tested wayyyy back when. It was certified as sharp by cutting two bodies in two with one swing :Q

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
I always test my katanas on the heads of my prisoners :evil:

I saw this few hundred year old one for sale that came with a certificate when tested wayyyy back when. It was certified as sharp by cutting two bodies in two with one swing :Q

Hmm sounds right up my ally.. ill try to do three.. :evil:

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Send it to me for testing. We've got bodies just littering our streets here in Detroit just waiting to be test subjects.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
That's nothing. I have a collection of them. I cut an ~8lb rack of ribs clean in two with one of mine. The ribs were frozen solid; I forgot to take them out of the freezer for a weekend party so I took them into the back yard to cut them up. :)

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
doesn't it dull the blade to just swing it at stuff?

if it was a real japanese one, i wouldn't use it.