Not so much "Tea Party" stories after primaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
Man it seemed to me that it was all "Tea Party" all the time during the primary result stories around the country. Not so much after Aug 3 results. Cooling down or is it something else?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Because the GOP has seen it back fire.

Look at Paul or Angle and you can see why.

It was meant to get people to vote republican but the problem is they showed up and voted, just not for the person that the republican party wanted. I think Paul was not the GOP choice and now they are stuck with him.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
12 hours after the third and this has you flummoxed? ADHD much?

Republicans just put an unknown on the ballot for Governor here. All the other candidates had held various offices for years both locally and nationally. Is that sending a message? Absolutely.

I think you're trolling.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I do not see much evidence that the tea party is cooling down.

But we are in the summer siesta season for politics in general. The primaries are by in large over, the General election campaign will not see much activity until after labor day, little money is being spent on television commercials because most of that is spent in October, and the bulk of the American electorate is more focused on anything but politics.

And to somewhat make a liar out of the OP, there is another tea party thread on P&N running at the same time as this thread.

I somewhat liken the tea party to mosquitoes, there will be another huge outbreak around October/2010.

Meanwhile enjoy their abstinence, they will be back and buzzing in your ears too soon. Driving all of us nuts and sucking all the sense and blood from our brains.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
I was simply commenting on "The Narrative" that I hear on the news channels. I was not commenting on The Tea Party.
After other primaries we heard about Women Rule and Incumbents in Danger but after this round of votes it seemed like business as usual.
Thanks for the suggestion I was trolling. Does that mean I was inviting comments on a topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.