Not only will US corporations take your OIL all your businesses belong to U.S.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/23/international/worldspecial/23BREM.html?ex=1057032000&en=640e51c2cc79a2f8&ei=5071&partner=CNN

Overseer in Iraq Vows to Sell Off Government-Owned Companies
By EDMUND L. ANDREWS

HUMEH, Jordan, June 22 ? L. Paul Bremer III, the chief United States administrator in Iraq, vowed today to dismantle that country's state-run economy by selling off government-owned companies and writing new laws to encourage foreign investment.
Translation: US corps will get assests for pennys on the dolllar and like HAL no open bidding I'd guess
Recognizing that a rapid shift would cause pain to many in the short term, Mr. Bremer also raised the possibilities of distributing part of Iraq's oil revenues as "dividends" to citizens or creating a national trust fund that would help finance a "social safety net."

"Every individual Iraqi would come to understand his or her stake in the country's economic success," he told business and political leaders gathered here for a meeting of the World Economic Forum.

Taken together, Mr. Bremer's comments amounted to a blueprint for turning Iraq into a Middle East model of free trade and deregulation.

He made it clear that he wanted to start privatizing more than 40 government-owned companies that make products ranging from packaged foods to steel. Many of those companies, he acknowledged, would not be able to survive in the face of real competition.

"A fundamental component of this process will be to force state-owned enterprises to face hard budget constraints by reducing subsidies and special deals," he said. "Iraq will no doubt find that opening its borders to trade and investment will increase competitive pressure on its domestic firms and thereby raise productivity."

Senior officials in the American-led Coalition Provisional Authority, which Mr. Bremer heads, have said they hope to agree on a plan in the next few weeks to sell state-owned companies to private investors. But they are vague about how quickly the process should proceed, acknowledging that new owners would almost certainly slash the work forces at many companies and that some companies would not survive.

Many foreign investors, especially in neighboring Kuwait, Jordan and Turkey, said they were eager to enter the Iraqi market. But they also said the situation was too unstable and the laws too undefined to make any commitments yet.

A senior allied official here said today that work had already begun on drafting a modern commercial legal code that would protect investors and property rights. But he also acknowledged that the work was in its early stages.

The problem confronting allied officials is that the mood of Iraqis is turning more sour by the day, as basic services like electricity remain erratic and joblessness mounts.

We are finally seeing why our boys are dieing over there. NO WMDs, No democracy, Little services but oil production secured and flowing. We are morally bankrupt.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Zebo
Translation: US corps will get assests for pennys on the dolllar

Your title and the addition indicates your ignorance and bias.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
The only ingnorant ones are still defending this currupt administration. Lets review for the perpetually blind:

-illegal invasion of Iraq by the United States on a small and defenseless country is shameful. All based on lies for what?
a) WMDs
b) all experts have said Aluminum tubes were not suitable for the use the admin implied
c) Forged niger report
We havent meet any of the stated goals. Especially democratic reform. Now our chief occupier is talking of selling Iraqs only assests to foriegn intrests.

Telford Taylor the prosecutor at Nuernberg.. ?The question of causation is important and will be discussed for many years, but it has no place in this trial, which must rather stick rigorously to the doctrine that planning and launching an aggressive war is illegal, whatever may be the factors that caused the defendants to plan and to launch. Contributing causes may be pleaded by the defendants before the bar of history, but not before the tribunal.?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Lucky
We are finally seeing why our boys are dieing over there.

hopefully it has something to do with improving your spelling.

thats the important issue here is'nt it? Meanwhile we are killing and have killed plenty, american tax payers are fronting the bill going broke in the meantime and future and americans are dying everyday. For what? And is it worth it?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Zebo
The only ingnorant ones are still defending this currupt administration. Lets review for the perpetually blind:

-illegal invasion of Iraq by the United States on a small and defenseless country is shameful. All based on lies for what?
a) WMDs
b) all experts have said Aluminum tubes were not suitable for the use the admin implied
c) Forged niger report
We havent meet any of the stated goals. Especially democratic reform. Now our chief occupier is talking of selling Iraqs only assests to foriegn intrests.

Telford Taylor the prosecutor at Nuernberg.. ?The question of causation is important and will be discussed for many years, but it has no place in this trial, which must rather stick rigorously to the doctrine that planning and launching an aggressive war is illegal, whatever may be the factors that caused the defendants to plan and to launch. Contributing causes may be pleaded by the defendants before the bar of history, but not before the tribunal.?

Why wasn't Clinton tried then? He "pre-emptively" attacked Iraq too ;)

CkG

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
And is it worth it?

Worth it in whose eyes? Do you consider one iraqi life as important as one american life? Are we, and should we be. willing to sacrifice a few hundred american lives in order to stop the killings of hundreds of thousands of american lives and increase the standard of living for tens of millions?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
considering the cost of the war, yes us corps should get first dibs, not as if we'll make it back anytime soon. u'd have to a tard to think it was the reason for invasion.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
He was just as worng and morally bankrupt much like the sanctions were.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
And is it worth it?

Worth it in whose eyes? Do you consider one iraqi life as important as one american life? Are we, and should we be. willing to sacrifice a few hundred american lives in order to stop the killings of hundreds of thousands of american lives and increase the standard of living for tens of millions?

No and No. And your premise is false. The standard of living has gone to hell for tens of millions and no link has been shown with alqueta and Saddams regime, infact every indicatin is they hated one another.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
considering the cost of the war, yes us corps should get first dibs, not as if we'll make it back anytime soon. u'd have to a tard to think it was the reason for invasion.

Then what was it? all evidence points to seizure of assests, which we have done, with little intrest and materalization of the stated goals and results, which we have not done.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
No and No.

Why exactly is the life of one iraqi less important than the life of one american? Because they live far far away in a place on the map only 15% can locate?

The standard of living has gone to hell for tens of millions.

Ah yes. 3 decades of mismanagement can be fixed in 3 months, right? Remember, your own initial post quotes:

" Mr. Bremer also raised the possibilities of distributing part of Iraq's oil revenues as "dividends" to citizens or creating a national trust fund that would help finance a "social safety net."

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
No and No.

Why exactly is the life of one iraqi less important than the life of one american? Because they live far far away in a place on the map only 15% can locate?

The standard of living has gone to hell for tens of millions.

Ah yes. 3 decades of mismanagement can be fixed in 3 months, right? Remember, your own initial post quotes:

" Mr. Bremer also raised the possibilities of distributing part of Iraq's oil revenues as "dividends" to citizens or creating a national trust fund that would help finance a "social safety net."

I could buy this agruemnet if we applied it universally/globally and we were genuine about meeting our stated objectives. So far, form all reports, iraqi resistance is growing and we machine gun them, sees us as not restoring services, not interested in democracy, and selling off the counties assests. This makes my stomach turn when our tax dollars and blood is mismangeing to occupation.

So in other words, Mr bremer is being generous giving "part" of iraqis assests back to them.
rolleye.gif

It's thier for xchists sakes, lets them choose thier method of disposal and allocation. Not US corps and the administration.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
why is it that most people in this forum that consistently post anti-us, anti-bush, or anti-globalization articles are usually an ad hoc mixture of canadians, europeans, or homosexuals?

Oggog

Jun 23, 2003

a) WMDs
c) Forged niger report

We forgot:
d) Harboring terrorists - easily and already confirmed... but who cares, terrorists only kill those who deserve it, right?
e) As stated in the UN Resolution, Iraq was to provide evidence that previously KNOWN weapons they owned were destroyed and that inspectors were to be allowed in without ANY interference, they did not provide sufficient evidence to anyone in the international community and they constantly interfered with inspectors... we should forget this too, Clinton lies, why isn't it acceptable that Sadaam does too?
f) Although this was not one of our reasons to go to war, the mass graves of butchered Iraqi's will no longer be continually filled by Sadaam and his junkies... I guess since they weren't Jewish graves we should overlook this as well???

Since when was war legal/illegal? We have to file for a permit to go to war? Sounds silly to me.

I personally think we should've just conquered them and set up whatever we wanted. They were a threat to us just because of the terrorists. We kicked their sorry butts and we shouldn't allow terror to be set up again, otherwise it will cost us another fortune to go do it again. This is a perfect example of why seperation of Church and State is SO important! [Hint for GWB] Stop telling people God guided you in your efforts![/Hint]

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I personally think we should've just conquered them and set up whatever we wanted. They were a threat to us just because of the terrorists.
Your comments threaten my sanity and since you say I don't need a permit, I think I'll just conquer you and take the contents of your refrigerator to help defer the costs of my time and trouble.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari
why is it that most people in this forum that consistently post anti-us, anti-bush, or anti-globalization articles are usually an ad hoc mixture of canadians, europeans, or homosexuals?

Maybe it's due to superior education?
rolleye.gif

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

I'm pro-US, pro-globalization, and definitely anti-Bush. I'm not canadian, european, or homosexual... so there goes your sterotype.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

I'm pro-US, pro-globalization, and definitely anti-Bush. I'm not canadian, european, or homosexual... so there goes your sterotype.

if you are what you say you are, then what irks you so much about Bush? One problem I have with bush is that he reminds me of reagan, who almost ruined the country, only for it to be rescued by Bush senior, one of the most underrated presidents in american history.

if you are "definitely anti-bush," then, when it comes to subjects pertaining to him, your opinion are fundamentally irrational because it is based on prejudice. thanks for the heads-up.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: sandorski

Maybe it's due to superior education?
rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

Dari is a troll. His posts are consistently devoid of content and value. Ignore him and he may go away..

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

rolleye.gif
adhom won't help you. The killing and your president is immoral and you know it.

BTW I about as american and apple pie as you can get (even attend mass 2x a week cause my wife makes me) when I go to europe they call me cowboy so go fiqure.