Not Likely A Viral Thread: Seeking Guidance about Anti-Trump Apparel

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
A bit too general, and I'm not an ideologue. Ideologies are toolboxes.

For the rest, I notice there is this self-righteous comment that I'm somehow not well-rounded for rejecting alternative views.

Today's GOP Trumpie Base doesn't have views. They have delusions.

It goes to this. Healthy dialog in a family for instance requires that the metacommunication eventually stops. If it doesn't, the communication is sick. Further, one eventually reaches a point where there is no argument to be made by one side, unless it is based on falsehood, cherry-picked evidence that excludes crucial facts, and deceit. I could almost say that if you believe the world is flat, you shouldn't be allowed to use a GPS. If you don't accept Boyle's Law and other scientific theories, you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car. After all -- you don't believe in it.

So where are those offensive sweatshirt ideas? This thread was about finding the most offensive sweatshirts, so I can provoke someone in public to give me a chance to defend myself. [And splatter someone's brains all over the concrete].

The real culprits here are people ;who didn't recognize Trump as the malignant narcissist that he is. If they did, then they hate America. Period. You can't put this type of criminal F*** in the White House unless you hate your country.
I keep it simple in my head like this. If you argue that Trump is not a moron, you just became a moron to me. Sorry, that's just the way it has to work. Otherwise you are not being true to yourself or society.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I have thought about doing something like this, either a shirt or maybe a bumper sticker.
Like you, I have basically written off many right-wingers as people I don't need to engage--I still work and play in a band with a couple, but we stay on a no-politics basis. Same goes for extended family. These people have chosen an incompatible reality from mine--so be it. The war moves forward, hopefully one without bullets, but no mistake--we are in a civil war.

End of the day though--what am I trying to accomplish with a shirt or sticker? The "best" outcome is that I piss people off, and nothing changes as far as who will win or lose. At worst, I get into a fight or get my car keyed. I have kids and a job, and I don't want to risk these things for something that accomplishes absolutely nothing in the big picture.

If there's something positive you can do to work toward defeating the GOP/Trump, then I humbly suggest that. The trolling avenue has only bad possibilities in it for you.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Stokely, hal2kilo, and prior posters:

I had noted one purpose I had for wearing truly offensive anti-Trump-wear was to vet businesses or boycott them. But I had some other thoughts.

For the last day or so, I thought I would post an answer to SlowSpider on his point-by-point perversion of the Truth and Fact, or so he calls his bullets. For instance, he says the economy is strong in so many words. Right! That trend has been continuous for years before Trump. All our presidents have been guilty of taking credit for the economy, but the economy operates according to a Rational Expectations model with a periodic sine wave of boom and bust called "the business cycle". Trump can do some bad things to the stock-market in the short run just from what he says -- proven by at least a few instances over the past two years. But Trump doesn't "make jobs". Tariffs that put soybean farmers in Trump-land in desperate circumstances aren't any good; eliminating the TPP as it was designed to constrain China is no good for anyone; imposing tariffs and starting a trade war with the Chinese is destructive; allowing Rocket Man to have his nuclear weapons while attempting to trash the Iran agreement only encourages the Iranians; and selling out his country to Vladimir Putin or even allowing (as opposed to asking) the Russians to help with his election makes him illegitimate.

I thought to answer SlowSpider point by point, as a means of eviscerating him verbally (as opposed to doing him real physical harm, which I can't do. Slow and Tex the hiker really think they deserve civility for electing the Filth-in-Chief: "We won! We won!" But supporting someone as low as crocodile piss -- as is the Donald -- is an act of collective hate. If you hate a president because of his race, the reason is entirely invalid -- especially if you cherry-pick all the other possible reasons you can concoct to mask it. Hating Trumpies? Elect a piece of Dirt like Trump -- if you don't like the word hate -- call it "despite", "revulsion" or whatever you want. Not my fellow human beings; therefore -- not my fellow Americans. We're not going to "agree to disagree" after that Slug has slapped half the US in the face daily with 8,000+ lies.

Now look at all the effort I've made, simply to discuss the possibility of answering SlowSpider point by point by point. This is no different than damaging the economy by $11 billion just to get $5.7 billion to build a vanity wall and hurting 800,000 Americans in the process. If Trump actually kidnapped 2000 Mexican kids, his action on funding the federal government is no different to holding a gun to their head and insisting on $5.7 billion in ransom. These people -- and their degenerate, ignorant, uninformed, falsely distorted ideas and pretension of Fact and Truth -- are a waste of time. Lies and deception are almost a form of violence, and they inspire violence. Democracy wasn't meant to work that way: People trying to get what they want by constructing absurd arguments from falsehoods, ridiculous assumptions and presuppositions, or just outright fabrication.

One could discuss their conspiracy obsession. Oh, sure! All the newspapers, cable-TV and other sources are conspiring against Trump! It's the Lib-rul media! The Russian probe is "political" after finding that half the campaign staff were slam-dancing with Russian intelligence operatives. That's not important! It's po-li-ti-cal! The reason the FBI discovered it was a corollary to why Trumpie conspiracy theories are ridiculous. You cannot have a conspiracy involving that many people before somebody gets caught, implicates others, and propels further scrutiny and investigation. Small numbers are essential. But all the Democrats, all the media are engaged in a political conspiracy to destroy Trump.

As I said, this is all a waste of time. Once you prove the world is not flat, it is common-sense to move on. So I no longer have the time and patience. At this point, you could anticipate what I'm about to say.

If you can put your outrage in a few words with a picture on a sweatshirt, there's no purpose in reasoning with the Delusionals. Hillary called them Deplorable. I call them Despicable.

Who's up for raiding Harper's Ferry and stealing the weapons? We don't need any gun laws or weapons caches to foment civil war. Just do what John Brown did.

Ah! But that's not the style of Martin Luther King!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
That's a very good explanation. Well thought out, well constructed, and right on point.
But,
I disagree with the the basic concept . You're attributing a negative connotation based on your beliefs, I'm doing the same thing but giving the woman the benefit of the doubt. I'll also point out that her shirt isn't insulting or demeaning as it's not directed at anyone but the woman wearing it.

It would be my beliefs if it wasn't based in factual information. The context of the word deplorable from HRC speech, or even from the dictionary, is anything but positive. The context of Conservatives "owning" it was not positive, it was to trigger snowflakes.

So you are left asking yourself, which term that HRC are you? Are you xenophobic, racist, homophobic, or all of the above.....but adorable about it? Lol....ok

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
How about "I'm not with stupid"?

The things Trump represents, and by extension his loyalists, are reprehensible. You can certainly wear clothing to reflect your feelings but I wonder if you will get the satisfaction you seek.

The iconic emblem of Trump is his hat so you might try something like this-

anti%20trump%20hat-744vmj.jpg

Have a selection handy and mix them up. Remember that these people like a few here are more interested in making you angry than anything else. If reason doesn't work (and it usually doesn't) then don't let it eat at you. Humor IMO is the best response IRL. Mocking the insanity sure, but humor sells better than rage.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Ahh, the ubiquitous coffee mug- you can have most anything printed on one.

matthew-abelman-hat-sales-are-up-again.jpg

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
How about "I'm not with stupid"?

The things Trump represents, and by extension his loyalists, are reprehensible. You can certainly wear clothing to reflect your feelings but I wonder if you will get the satisfaction you seek.

The iconic emblem of Trump is his hat so you might try something like this-

anti%20trump%20hat-744vmj.jpg

Have a selection handy and mix them up. Remember that these people like a few here are more interested in making you angry than anything else. If reason doesn't work (and it usually doesn't) then don't let it eat at you. Humor IMO is the best response IRL. Mocking the insanity sure, but humor sells better than rage.

This one also says what I've been thinking for a very, very long time. The deplorably Despicable Degenerates bristled and fumed -- not under an OBAMA presidency, but under a BLACK presidency. So they chose to elect the most degenerate piece of human filth, the most criminal shyster and half-wit they could find because . . . . "He's a bidniss-man." That hat almost says it all.

But it doesn't slap them in the face for being lower than crocodile piss. People who VOTED need to be held to account.

A good idea for a shirt or a hat, nevertheless. Now I can have a hat AND a sweatshirt.

So WHERE'S THE LINK so I can BUY THE HAT?!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Blue Cross Blue Shield and Medicare. Out of pocket expense is $40 per month. Not a big deal.

What about offensive anti-Trump shirts?
Nice thread. Around here (Berkeley, CA) AFAIK if there are any pro-Trump people they are lying low (or they come from out of town and make trouble in the commons area downtown, bringing out the antifa crowd, cops and helicopters, thank God that seems to have disappeared!). Wearing anti trump regalia would almost seem stupid. But where you are, it's evidently the thing to do... go Duck!

Two of my family members living in Long Beach/L.A. tell me Trump will win in 2020, unless Biden runs... they think he's the only guy who can unseat the bastard.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It seems like your money would be better spent on anger management classes.
No mater how many tee shirts you buy, Trump will still be president, still be rich, and still have a pretty good looking wife. He might even own the company you're buying the stuff from.
I feel it's my duty as a human being to oppose this would-be autocrat. In the words of Stephen Hawking: 'He is a demagogue, who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator.'

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I feel it's my duty as a human being to oppose this would-be autocrat. In the words of Stephen Hawking: 'He is a demagogue, who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator.'
Hawking never even stood for the National Anthem, jerk.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I wore my Trump-with-Glock sweatshirt today on a grocery errand and luncheon of senior-citizen high-school alums. COSTCO was interesting.

I got a lot of unexplainable smiles from people of color. Well, let's say "seemingly unexplainable". There were several people my own age I caught staring at me -- glaring is an equally descriptive word for it. It seemed that something had got stuck in the gears of their brains, and they just sort of "locked up". Apoplectic was another word I could use.

This was all very good. My message got across: "You are responsible for electing this Filth, who insults me. So I hope you are equally insulted."

If they weren't insulted, they seemed deeply troubled, confused, or stunned. Another interpretation of some faces I saw: "This is troubling. What does it mean?! This is not good!"

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Go Duck! You are an inspiration, wish I'd been there. I haven't seen that SS, link? :D

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Truth is America is flourishing under Trump

Truth is, he's crammed a lot into a few years in office, getting new trade deals passed in the first couple years, something the swamp before couldn't do in years and didn't create in our best interest.

Fact is unemployment is down, jobs are up, wages are up, workforce participation is up, illegal immigration is down.

I'm willing to bet the truth of it is that you cannot tell me one way your life is worse since Trump has been elected, it is all internet melodrama.

FACT: ~20%+ of the well over a billion plus Muslims are ultra conservatives it's-ok-to-stone-a-woman types, that's hundreds of millions. 78% of British muslims thought the Danish cartoonists that drew Mohammad deserved to be prosecuted. Throwing this one in here to see how well you respond to facts. These people are anti-LGBT rights, this is a fact.

Fact, the liberal media has been repeatedly biased and incorrect in Trump coverage.

Look, you and I may not agree on a lot, but the OP is an over the top radical sounding type we should be worried about. That's a lot of passive aggressive anger and a sign of someone incapable of existing in a society of opinions that differ than his. I don't want to hear about another leftist going crazy and starting a riot for not getting his way.
New trade deals passed? You mean like that new NAFTA white takes Senate approval which he has not obtained?

One thing you and Trump have in common is an allergy to the truth.

Reactions: Muse

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's a very good explanation. Well thought out, well constructed, and right on point.
But,
I disagree with the the basic concept . You're attributing a negative connotation based on your beliefs, I'm doing the same thing but giving the woman the benefit of the doubt. I'll also point out that her shirt isn't insulting or demeaning as it's not directed at anyone but the woman wearing it.

Please. It's directed at anybody who reads it, obviously. She displays it so that the Libs will see it. It was the rallying cry of the self declared deplorables, the ones willing to stand up for all the stupid shit they believe in, the shit Hillary was talking about in the first place.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Stokely, hal2kilo, and prior posters:

I had noted one purpose I had for wearing truly offensive anti-Trump-wear was to vet businesses or boycott them. But I had some other thoughts.

For the last day or so, I thought I would post an answer to SlowSpider on his point-by-point perversion of the Truth and Fact, or so he calls his bullets. For instance, he says the economy is strong in so many words. Right! That trend has been continuous for years before Trump. All our presidents have been guilty of taking credit for the economy, but the economy operates according to a Rational Expectations model with a periodic sine wave of boom and bust called "the business cycle". Trump can do some bad things to the stock-market in the short run just from what he says -- proven by at least a few instances over the past two years. But Trump doesn't "make jobs". Tariffs that put soybean farmers in Trump-land in desperate circumstances aren't any good; eliminating the TPP as it was designed to constrain China is no good for anyone; imposing tariffs and starting a trade war with the Chinese is destructive; allowing Rocket Man to have his nuclear weapons while attempting to trash the Iran agreement only encourages the Iranians; and selling out his country to Vladimir Putin or even allowing (as opposed to asking) the Russians to help with his election makes him illegitimate.

I thought to answer SlowSpider point by point, as a means of eviscerating him verbally (as opposed to doing him real physical harm, which I can't do. Slow and Tex the hiker really think they deserve civility for electing the Filth-in-Chief: "We won! We won!" But supporting someone as low as crocodile piss -- as is the Donald -- is an act of collective hate. If you hate a president because of his race, the reason is entirely invalid -- especially if you cherry-pick all the other possible reasons you can concoct to mask it. Hating Trumpies? Elect a piece of Dirt like Trump -- if you don't like the word hate -- call it "despite", "revulsion" or whatever you want. Not my fellow human beings; therefore -- not my fellow Americans. We're not going to "agree to disagree" after that Slug has slapped half the US in the face daily with 8,000+ lies.

Now look at all the effort I've made, simply to discuss the possibility of answering SlowSpider point by point by point. This is no different than damaging the economy by $11 billion just to get $5.7 billion to build a vanity wall and hurting 800,000 Americans in the process. If Trump actually kidnapped 2000 Mexican kids, his action on funding the federal government is no different to holding a gun to their head and insisting on $5.7 billion in ransom. These people -- and their degenerate, ignorant, uninformed, falsely distorted ideas and pretension of Fact and Truth -- are a waste of time. Lies and deception are almost a form of violence, and they inspire violence. Democracy wasn't meant to work that way: People trying to get what they want by constructing absurd arguments from falsehoods, ridiculous assumptions and presuppositions, or just outright fabrication.

One could discuss their conspiracy obsession. Oh, sure! All the newspapers, cable-TV and other sources are conspiring against Trump! It's the Lib-rul media! The Russian probe is "political" after finding that half the campaign staff were slam-dancing with Russian intelligence operatives. That's not important! It's po-li-ti-cal! The reason the FBI discovered it was a corollary to why Trumpie conspiracy theories are ridiculous. You cannot have a conspiracy involving that many people before somebody gets caught, implicates others, and propels further scrutiny and investigation. Small numbers are essential. But all the Democrats, all the media are engaged in a political conspiracy to destroy Trump.

As I said, this is all a waste of time. Once you prove the world is not flat, it is common-sense to move on. So I no longer have the time and patience. At this point, you could anticipate what I'm about to say.

If you can put your outrage in a few words with a picture on a sweatshirt, there's no purpose in reasoning with the Delusionals. Hillary called them Deplorable. I call them Despicable.

Who's up for raiding Harper's Ferry and stealing the weapons? We don't need any gun laws or weapons caches to foment civil war. Just do what John Brown did.

Ah! But that's not the style of Martin Luther King!
That was a pretty good read, and gave me a deeper understanding of your desire to offend through apparel. It also convinced me that you need help far beyond simple anger management. I won't bother you anymore.