NOT HOT! Just FYI: Cyberwings - Received an email from DomainsPricedRight.com

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSG2

Sep 20, 2001
There haven't been any updates in the past 2 weeks, because there hasn't been anything new to report. I suppose I could invent some news, but Shawn does such a great job of providing me with Class A material periodically, that I think it's better left to his devices :)

Since so many of you have emailed me, chomping at the bit for something worth reading, I will share these 2 private chat logs from June 2002. These logs star Wayne as JediKunigit (and as Geek4Rent, as we fondly know him) and Shawn as his pathetic self.

bitchandmoan.txt
bitchandmoan2.txt

These logs were provided to me in an effort to show that despite the brave front the "staff" was putting up for us all those months things were heading south, behind the scenes, they were all suspecting the same things we were and they were taking Shawn to the mat on their own. Granted, it may be little consolation to some at this late stage, but there it is nonetheless.

First chat log...

And the second...

Well, this was some interesting reading...Looks like Shawn was right about the Lightship issue, but he has some other real issues of his own going back pretty far...Or am I saying nay?
rolleye.gif

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
So has anyone heard from Shawn? I didn't keep up with this whole ordeal and glad I didn't get in. Got one of those feelings of "if it's too good to be true"

Anyway is he behind bars or did all these people lose their $1.00?

RSG2

Sep 20, 2001
10/09/2002
Well the sweet strains of justice are beginning to play. The Maine Attorney General has 4 formal cases filed against Shawn White and Cyberwings and is beginning their investigation of Mr. White's fraud. Those of you who have not filed, need to do so to be counted. The more claims the wider the investigation. Send emails to consumer.mediation@state.me.us . You will then be sent a packet which you must complete to file a formal complaint.

A new URL popped up regarding a possible group of people instigating litigation against Shawn http://www.burn-rubber.net/cyberwings/form.html I am at this time not aware of who is putting this group together but I have asked for further information.

My updates will continue to be sporatic as news worthy of reporting flows in. I find most of my time being taken for an urgent family matter: however, never fear, I have NOT forgotten nor will I cease my pursuit of Shawn White.

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
i want to know how this guy is not in jail, he really should be, sure he only ripped each individual off for a dollar or a few dollars, but combine that with the probably thousands who he ripped off and he did pretty well for himself. i really would like to hear how this all turns out, i got in on this too, out a few bucks, oh well, but still, it's pretty sad this guy is getting away with it. screw shawn

Startide Rising

Oct 9, 1999
For those who use a credit card, you might be able to get a chargeback simply because the amount is small and the CC will eat the amount if they don't recover it as courtesy to you their longtime customer.

firestorm225

Dec 3, 2000
Yep, I'm pretty sure thats what my CC company did. I had $12 worth of charges on one and $17 on the other. I don't think it's worth their time to go investigate charges like that so sometimes they just give it back to you.

w3b

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2000
just realized that the paypal payments I made was funded using existing funds... talk about my luck... sheesh...

NeXus4400

Aug 10, 2002
Hey....

Is there a chance of me getting my money back. I registered for an account like mid July-August. I lost all hope in my account and bought one from dixiesys instead. It has been a couple of months now and I am pretty sure Shawn's company is dead. Is it too much of a lost hope to get my $8 from paypal?

-Samuel

Also, I registered my domain at cyberwingsdomain. My website worked fine today, but after trying to log in a couple of minutes ago, I found that my ip address couldn't be accessed. So now I am guessing that DomainsPricedRight.com has taken over the domains from cyberwings. However, I couldn't access that page. I haven't been up to date with this thread. Could some one post me up to what is happening? Thanks

hamburglar

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: NeXus4400
Hey.... Is there a chance of me getting my money back. I registered for an account like mid July-August. I lost all hope in my account and bought one from dixiesys instead. It has been a couple of months now and I am pretty sure Shawn's company is dead. Is it too much of a lost hope to get my $8 from paypal? -Samuel Also, I registered my domain at cyberwingsdomain. My website worked fine today, but after trying to log in a couple of minutes ago, I found that my ip address couldn't be accessed. So now I am guessing that DomainsPricedRight.com has taken over the domains from cyberwings. However, I couldn't access that page. I haven't been up to date with this thread. Could some one post me up to what is happening? Thanks

im sure the answers your looking for are somewhere in this thread...

taoofbean

Apr 20, 2002
Nexuxs, are you an idiot? Toards August was the point that it became crystal clear that Shawn was nothing but a scam, how on god's green earth did you ever think it was a wise investment to dump more money into this guy. Jesus, I should have been a con artist! Even after the mountains and mountains of evidence about this guy came to light, people were STILL saying, "hey, take my money."

Hell, if his paypal accounts weren't closed so long ago I bet that there still would be a trickle of people trying their darndest to send him their hard earned jack. I also find it incredibly difficult to believe that your website was the one working site in his company for the last two months until just today. He hasn't even had cyberwings.com online in that time. Where would he be hosting your site since my friends at Cogent informed me that it was very unlikely his private line was still active to this day.

Nexus, initiate a chargeback on your credit card and actually read this thread before you post any more questions about your plight.

silver8

Sep 1, 2001
I called today to my credit card company, even two charges were April, they still issued me credit and put in as disputes. My point is that while I was in 90 dyas dispute period, cyberwing kept cheating to promise refund but never.

NeXus4400

Aug 10, 2002
I'm sorry if you thought I was an idiot. Maybe I should have gullible plastered on top of my face. I registered my account in late June hoping to see my account created. This was the time when things started to falter. I read the news posted by Shawn. I thought that maybe he was in some type of turmoil and decided wait it out; many others filed for credits and refunds. By Mid-August I had made up my mind that this was a scam or he was in deep financial doo-doo. I failed to send a complaint to get my money back because i thought it was too late.

I have probably lost my money but I will try to see if Paypal will refund my money back after about 5 months of no service.

I registered my domain at cyberwingsdomain which is now domainspricedright. My site is working now and theirs too. I was afraid of losing my domain.

-Samuel

Nate-X

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Damn this is nice.. hadn't done anything with the 3 P5 packages I bought from CW back in April.. even had to look in my PayPal history to get the site addy only to find that it was down.. bleargh.. glad I hadn't wasted any time on a damn page :(.

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: NateX
Damn this is nice.. hadn't done anything with the 3 P5 packages I bought from CW back in April.. even had to look in my PayPal history to get the site addy only to find that it was down.. bleargh.. glad I hadn't wasted any time on a damn page :(.

why are you making us feel worse, just when i thought this freadful thread was dead?

Heback

Apr 22, 2015
This just seems like the best place to post this. I know i am digging up a very old dead thread but what I have is TOTALLY relevant to this thread. I did some internet searching and stunbled across this monster of a thread and it is hilarious in parts and sad in others.

The news I have is that I thought maybe you all would be interested in knowing that Shawn J. White has resurfaced with a new business! He is running a prepaid cellular dealership online. He currently represents PagePlus cellular with a dealership called Kitty Wireless and is also going out on his own as Puppy wireless. He is masquerading as a female called "Kitty". All The legal documents are easily found online that shows his ownership of this business. He has a forum for his customers called kittyforums.net. The dealer website is kittywireless.com.

His MO is the same as it reads here with his cyberwings debacle. He has his devoted followers and has now taken to tight censorship of his forum to prevent his detractors from further exposing him for the person that he is.

While the news about Shawn White might be of interest in Off Topic, it has nothing to do with this deal which has been dead for 13 years. And cross-posting is not allowed.
Administrator allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Kitty Wireless has been around for several years at least. I used them for about two years (switched out to go to an ATT system) and was extremely happy with them. Their forums are very active, fun and informative.

However if you go on Howard Forums you will notice a small but very vocal community of cranks that claim Kitty is the devil reincarnate. Apparently our new member Heback is one of the those tinfoil hat people.

<---no financial connection whatsover with Kitty or Puppy, just a former happy customer

Status
Not open for further replies.