Not even Israel wants any part of the Iranian Fiasco!!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
hahahahaaaaaa...you know TRUMP really screwed up if our arguably our closest allie wants no part of this...…..
Also if the guy was so evil, I would bet that Israel would have already taken him out....IMO@!!!!

Netanyahu Distances From Soleimani Slaying, Says Israel Shouldn’t Be ‘Dragged’ Into It: Report
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, President Trump’s closest ally on the international stage, is walking on a tightrope in crafting his reaction to the American strike against Iranian General Qassem Soleimani.

On Sunday, for public consumption, Netanyahu issued a statement of praise, but restrained himself from the usual flourishes he indulges in when congratulating Trump, such as accompanying videos.

In a statement released by his office, Netanyahu said, “Qassem Soleimani brought about the death of many American citizens and many other innocents in recent decades and at present. Soleimani initiated, planned and carried out many terrorist attacks throughout the Middle East and beyond.

“President Trump is deserving of all esteem for taking determined, strong and quick action. I would like to reiterate—Israel fully stands alongside the US in the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense.”

And that was it.

Netanyahu is in the thorniest moment of his turbulent, three-decade long career in politics. He is running for re-election after having failed to form a coalition government in two elections held in 2019. Last November, he became the first sitting Israeli prime minister to be accused of crimes, when he was indicted on three separate counts of corruption. In the fight for his political life, Netanyahu took the unprecedented step of requesting parliamentary immunity last Thursday.

Israel has previously been the target of terror attacks attributed to Iran, including the bombing of its embassy in Buenos Aires in 1992, and several attacks in other countries in the past decade.

While the foreign ministry put all its embassies on high alert immediately following the assassination of Soleimani, the last thing Netanyahu wants is for Israelis to suspect the danger from Iran has grown since the 2018 American withdrawal from Syria, which Netanyahu championed and celebrated.

Two leaks from his security cabinet meeting on Monday helped sustain this aim, despite Iranian troops’ entrenchment along Israel’s northern border with Syria in recent years.

On Monday, as the meeting ended, several ministers transmitted Netanyahu’s declaration distancing Israel from the Soleimani hit.

“The assassination of Soleimani isn’t an Israeli event but an American event. We were not involved and should not be dragged into it,” he said, according to Israeli news outlets.

Simultaneously, journalists were told that security and intelligence officials who briefed the security cabinet told ministers there was no imminent threat of Iranian attacks against Israel following the Soleimani assassination.

With one exception, regarding the Kurds fighting in Syria after the withdrawal of American troops, Netanyahu has never distanced himself from Trump, though his thoughts about Iran have occasionally slipped out.

Last November, speaking at a graduation ceremony for army officers, he said, “Iran’s brazenness in the region is increasing and even getting stronger in light of the absence of a response.”

At the same time, Israel’s Channel 13 news reported that some weeks earlier, in a closed-door meeting, Netanyahu told cabinet members he believed Trump would not act against Iran until the 2020 elections were behind him.

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Unlike deadbeat Donald, Israel has an actual strategy in regards to Iran. Said strategy does not involve an army invasion or mass bombing campaign. The Israeli strategy is preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons at all costs.

If Donald wasn't a dumbass, he would take a page from Israel's playbook on Iran. But... well, let's say the guy is as mentally developed as his flabby fatass body is physically. No worries, I'm told Don the con makes the best deals! The Iran deal is going to be a beauty, let me tell you. :D

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What he said was:

“President Trump is deserving of all esteem for taking determined, strong and quick action. I would like to reiterate—Israel fully stands alongside the US in the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense.”

Plus he has his own issues at home in Israel

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Netanyahu is just spouting off for public consumption, because he knows US conflict with Iran will ultimately lead to pointing fingers at Israel. Israels main strategy has and always been to maneuver the US into conflict with Iran without it appearing to do so publicly, and which looks like they are succeeding. The republicans have been goaded into a virulent anti-Iran stance that would ultimately derail the JCPOA which Israel was strongly against. The Israel lobby and Sheldon Adelson were and are the main pushers for conflict with Iran and what we are seeing unfold is their wildest wet dream coming true.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Netanyahu is just spouting off for public consumption, because he knows US conflict with Iran will ultimately lead to pointing fingers at Israel. Israels main strategy has and always been to maneuver the US into conflict with Iran without it appearing to do so publicly, and which looks like they are succeeding. The republicans have been goaded into a virulent anti-Iran stance that would ultimately derail the JCPOA which Israel was strongly against. The Israel lobby and Sheldon Adelson were and are the main pushers for conflict with Iran and what we are seeing unfold is their wildest wet dream coming true.

Let's not forget to fold in all the conservative fundamentalist evangelical Christians who view war with Iran as the beginning of "The End".....the fulfillment of scripture and ushering in the end times and second coming of Christ.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This is esentially Netanyahu getting paid. If he is bitching about it its for show.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What he said was:

Plus he has his own issues at home in Israel.
That is NOT what he said! You have misread what was said -- he said Israel fully stands alongside the US in what? the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense!! -- Not in the just struggle against Iran for security,peace and self-defense!!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
That is NOT what he said! You have misread what was said -- he said Israel fully stands alongside the US in what? the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense!! -- Not in the just struggle against Iran for security,peace and self-defense!!

Then argue with these people that quoted him:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a Jan. 5 statement, “Qassem Soleimani brought about the death of many American citizens and many other innocents in recent decades and at present. Soleimani initiated, planned and carried out many terrorist attacks throughout the Middle East and beyond. President Trump is deserving of all esteem for taking determined, strong and quick action. I would like to reiterate — Israel fully stands alongside the U.S. in the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense.”

Reactions: JEDIYoda

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
They don't want any skin in the game - but, they will gladly prop us up and shove us into Iran.

When Obama struck his nuclear deal, Israel didn't even wait to read it... they immediately got on TV with their GOPers and told Iran it won't last once Obama is out. And, lo and behold, Trump tossed it out pretty quickly.

So, they don't want to be involved, but they will dictate what happens/occurs. They ARE involved, to the point where they direct and order what we do.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Let's not forget to fold in all the conservative fundamentalist evangelical Christians who view war with Iran as the beginning of "The End".....the fulfillment of scripture and ushering in the end times and second coming of Christ.

Those idiots love their end times nonsense. Decades of listening to hushed talk about China and Israel and how they are the people that gets them hard enough to sneak off to the local gloryhole for some rod polishin

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Then argue with these people that quoted him:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a Jan. 5 statement, “Qassem Soleimani brought about the death of many American citizens and many other innocents in recent decades and at present. Soleimani initiated, planned and carried out many terrorist attacks throughout the Middle East and beyond. President Trump is deserving of all esteem for taking determined, strong and quick action. I would like to reiterate — Israel fully stands alongside the U.S. in the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense.”

I was pointing out how you twisted that sentence and did not take it for what it actually said!! -- That is NOT what he said! You have misread what was said -- he said Israel fully stands alongside the US in what? the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense!! -- Not in the just struggle against Iran for security,peace and self-defense!!
I am sorry id reading comprehension is not your strong suit! All of 2what you posted has nothing to do with what I stated -- That is NOT what he said! You have misread what was said -- he said Israel fully stands alongside the US in what? the just struggle for security against Iran for peace and self-defense!! -- Not in the just struggle against Iran for security, peace and self-defense!! so sorry you had to waste your time posting things you really have no knowledge about other than you think the support your interpretation of what was said!!
Shalom!!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I was pointing out how you twisted that sentence and did not take it for what it actually said!! -- That is NOT what he said! You have misread what was said -- he said Israel fully stands alongside the US in what? the just struggle for security, peace and self-defense!! -- Not in the just struggle against Iran for security,peace and self-defense!!
I am sorry id reading comprehension is not your strong suit! All of 2what you posted has nothing to do with what I stated -- That is NOT what he said! You have misread what was said -- he said Israel fully stands alongside the US in what? the just struggle for security against Iran for peace and self-defense!! -- Not in the just struggle against Iran for security, peace and self-defense!! so sorry you had to waste your time posting things you really have no knowledge about other than you think the support your interpretation of what was said!!
Shalom!!

Horse poop. You are projecting and spouting off what you would like it to mean.

"“President Trump is deserving of all esteem for taking determined, strong and quick action. "

I quoted it exactly as printed / quoted in the news articles I linked. Sorry you don't like the facts.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Still waiting for @pcgeek11 to respond as to what was the imminent threat that justified the assassination.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Still waiting for @pcgeek11 to respond as to what was the imminent threat that justified the assassination.

Good for you!
;)

I wouldn't matter what I said to you anyway if it didn't agree with your narrow narrative, would it?
Be honest.

But good to see that you follow me around the forum.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Good for you!
;)

I wouldn't matter what I said to you anyway if it didn't agree with your narrow narrative, would it?
Be honest.

But good to see that you follow me around the forum.
You are being disingenuous. I've always had the position of being open to opposing evidence. I also have no problem being proven wrong and admitting it. People here who do nothing but suck Trump's dick are really annoying. I though we wanted this forum to be a place of honest debate. Now if you want to occupy that position I will assume from this point forward.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You are being disingenuous. I've always had the position of being open to opposing evidence. I also have no problem being proven wrong and admitting it. People here who do nothing but suck Trump's dick are really annoying. I though we wanted this forum to be a place of honest debate. Now if you want to occupy that position I will assume from this point forward.

So you choose to be dishonest about it. Fine.

Ignore me if you like. It makes no difference to me.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So you choose to be dishonest about it. Fine.

Ignore me if you like. It makes no difference to me.
Dishonest about what? I can attach a few posts where I admitted being wrong.

Also I didn't say ignore, just want to know if you prefer the permanent job of Trump dick sucker?

I thought if you took a position on a subject you would have the balls to back it up. Clearly I was mistaken.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Dishonest about what? I can attach a few posts where I admitted being wrong.

Also I didn't say ignore, just want to know if you prefer the permanent job of Trump dick sucker?

I thought if you took a position on a subject you would have the balls to back it up. Clearly I was mistaken.
Hell I will even throw in the magnifying glass and Tweezers!!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
They don't want any skin in the game - but, they will gladly prop us up and shove us into Iran.

When Obama struck his nuclear deal, Israel didn't even wait to read it... they immediately got on TV with their GOPers and told Iran it won't last once Obama is out. And, lo and behold, Trump tossed it out pretty quickly.

So, they don't want to be involved, but they will dictate what happens/occurs. They ARE involved, to the point where they direct and order what we do.

That last sentence is too strong. I'll agree that the Israel lobby (American citizens) has a lot more influence than it should. I mean we're paying off Egypt & Jordan while fucking up Iraq & Syria on their behalf but it seems like doing the same for Iran is really more than they should ask for...