Not a hot day for Amazon

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Amazon is having a meltdown in the U.S. and Europe. anybody know what is happening?

Moved from hot deals.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: elwood

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Yup, having major problems here too.

BREAKING: Users say Amazon Web Services is suffering a major outage. The company provides cloud computing services to individuals, universities, governments and companies including The Associated Press. Amazon has yet to comment on the outage and few details are available.

Reactions: dlerious

Harry_Wild

Dec 14, 2012
If Amazon is having an outage, they are down and cannot comment until it is fixed!:D It working for me still....., however!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The cocksuckers bought up IMDB and now its basically a sales site for them. Also anytime their web services have problems IMDB fucks up.

Reactions: Charmonium

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
It's probably just coincidence but today was Biden's chat with Putin. Why AWS though? It's the perfect way to screw with hundreds of businesses all at the same time rather than hacking them one by one. If that's what happened though, again, why? IDK. With 100k plus Russian troops on Ukraine's border, maybe a little hacking isn't so bad after all? Or maybe just a little dick-swinging to set the mood?

I'm going with coincidence for now.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
incase someone else had no idea what aws is..

AWS can be broken into three main products: EC2, Amazon’s virtual machine service, Glacier, a low-cost cloud storage service, and S3, Amazon’s storage system.

AWS is so large and present in the computing world that it's far outpaced its competitors. As of the first quarter of 2021, one independent analyst reports AWS has over a third of the market at 32.4%, with Azure following behind at 20%, and Google Cloud at 9%.

wow so i don't even use cloud service except my own, i really feel like im missing out but when i did use M$ 365 cloud made a wonderful backup of my photos and didn't use it for 1.1 years it was all deleted, i have no idea what was even on it and if i had all the photos but i imagine i still have the hard copy of them.

so ya im to cheap and paranoid to use cloud services maybe thats why i didnt notice anything wrong with amazon myself.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This could explain the problem. :p

fdwua5xyhn481.jpg

That's catastrophic levels of oops if I ever seen it.

As a side note I need to find out the rental rate on that bad boy. Perfect for making an outhouse hole.