Norton Antivirus 2006: Live update could not find an update file on the server....

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by nippyjun, Feb 3, 2006.

1. nippyjun

nippyjun Diamond Member

Today for the first time Live update give this message:

LU1834: Live update could not find an update file on the server.

Any one else experience this?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Norton Antivirus Live Forum Date
    Surprised how snappy Norton Antivirus is! Software for Windows May 16, 2013
    Norton Antivirus 2010 open beta Software for Windows Jul 5, 2009
    Anyway to just install antivirus piece from Norton Internet Security 2009? Software for Windows Dec 1, 2008
    can't do a live update on norton antivirus?? Software for Windows Jul 15, 2004
    Norton Antivirus 2000 and Live Update? Software for Windows Aug 10, 2003

3. Soccer55

Soccer55 Golden Member

I just got that myself tonight. If you click on the link that LiveUpdate provides for you, it takes you to a Symantec Support page that shows you how to remedy the problem. If you read through the steps, it eventually leads to reinstalling Norton Anti-Virus. So you can either wait and see if maybe it's just a screw-up on Symantec's end, follow Symantec's instructions for fixing the problem, or just re-install Norton AntiVirus like I did.

Side Note: After re-installing NAV, my "LiveUpdate" has now become "LiveUpdate Express" which apparently is LiveUpdate v2.6

-Tom

EDIT: In case it matters, I got this error using NAV 2005, not 2006.

4. nippyjun

nippyjun Diamond Member

I updated Live update and now my version is 3.00someting. That still didnt' work. I finally found a page at symantec that talks about if you have zonealarm firewall and nortaon antivirus.... you need to make sure that the symantec/norton programs on the zonealarm programs tabs have access to everything. I made the changes and it worked.

5. norxam

norxam Member

It looks like the problem fixed it self.

NORXAM