North Korean Video exposing Western (American) Propaganda.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Also this video was written by a bitter old hippy not north korea. Seriously hope the op is joking or made this video.

Last edited:

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Why are we able to view this video? Shouldn't our government be blocking it? Oh wait, that's right, we're not North Korea, for example...
Simple: our establishment exercises a system of control more along the lines of Aldus Huxley's Brave New World, where as North Korea uses methods more akin to George Orwell's 1984.

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011
Simple: our establishment exercises a system of control more along the lines of Aldus Huxley's Brave New World, where as North Korea uses methods more akin to George Orwell's 1984.

BRAVE NEW WORLD has soma. Where's my soma?

:colbert:

Perhaps I'm not getting the good legal pharmaceuticals. Hmmm.

chris9641

Dec 8, 2006
The film assumes that propaganda and marketing are the same thing. The difference is that with propaganda, the opposing view isn't allowed. Just as people chant simplistic lines around Obama, the same thing happens around all his opponents. The difference with propaganda (especially in places like North Korea) is that the opposing view isn't permitted. Citizens aren't allowed to question the idea that Kim Il Sung is the savior of all North Koreans.

PLEASE take a look at this before taking anything anyone from the North Korean Government says seriously:

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

North Korea is a creepy, twisted place. :eek:

Good recommendation. If anyone has the time I would recommend watching all the vice guide episodes, they really give brutally raw and real perspective on what's going on across the globe.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Is this film over-the-top propaganda? Absolutely!

But there's more truth in it that many here would ever be willing to admit.

tl;dw? Click the handy-dandy excerpted links above. ^^^ Just do it. It changes everything. You'll be lovin' it. Support this post! :p

North Korea is probably the most hermetically sealed, total propaganda state ever. The disconnect between what they tell their populace and the truth is more vast, and their monopoly on any such info more complete, than just about anywhere.

I guess it takes one to know one.

There's a whole other side to the story this propaganda film attempts to portray. Of course there is. But this film also contains space station sized kernels of truth, which we all ignore at our peril.

Thanks OP for posting this.
Lol Im shocked that perknose would defend this lol so predictable.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
The message here is pretty much accurate, despite the messenger (North Korea) being evil.

Our culture is corporate-driven, because corporations own the media and entertainment that unite us. They also spend lots of money to promote and elect the people who represent us in government. As a result, it is not surprising that a corporate-driven culture is going to be materialistic. People love to buy stuff, just an example of what I see is with hobbies. I know a lot of people that seem to have hobbies, whether they'll admit it or not, just so they have something to spend money on (i.e. I love to backcountry ski, and also like to check out/buy new gear).

Then you add on what happened with the Iraq war, as was done in this video, and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Anyway the world isn't perfect, never has been, I still think we are closer to a better world than we ever have been, with Western culture leading the charge.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Is this film over-the-top propaganda? Absolutely!

But there's more truth in it that many here would ever be willing to admit.

tl;dw? Click the handy-dandy excerpted links above. ^^^ Just do it. It changes everything. You'll be lovin' it. Support this post! :p

North Korea is probably the most hermetically sealed, total propaganda state ever. The disconnect between what they tell their populace and the truth is more vast, and their monopoly on any such info more complete, than just about anywhere.

I guess it takes one to know one.

There's a whole other side to the story this propaganda film attempts to portray. Of course there is. But this film also contains space station sized kernels of truth, which we all ignore at our peril.

Thanks OP for posting this.

Perk said it so I don't have to. :thumbsup:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
The vid has good points. But when this COMES FROM NK, it's pathetic.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Nana nana nana nana leader

leader

leader

batman!

edit: seriously? There's an all caps filter?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
this isnt from NK.

the video is practically begging viewers to conduct social revolution...not something that NK really wants eh?