North Korea vowed today to attack the United States if it imposed a blockade

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Every country should have at least 50 ICBMs. This would end all wars of agression.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The only thing that's going to stop the threat that the US poses is to take a hunk of it out. Go for it NK. Might I suggest DC and NYC. I'll build my fallout shelter.
----------------------------------
There's a difference in knowing what may in fact be true, that it will take a nuclear blast, and wishing for it to happen. I appreciate your frustration, I appreciate your view, but I don't think expression it in that form is productive. From a lover of sarcasm it's hard for me to say, but I want to be clear on the difference between frustration and moral collapse and cold indifference.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus
Originally posted by: Zebo
Every country should have at least 50 ICBMs. This would end all wars of agression.

Some yokel would get 51 and then take over the world. :p

Destroy it! And I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of that... Let's get Gort to police the world.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
You really think WMD are a deterrent to US action? And you think that point was proven by the events in Iraq? maybe you better rethink that one more time.....

The US should put a blockade up and call their bluff, then go home and cut of all aid, tell them the gravy train is no longer in service.......

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Alistar7
You really think WMD are a deterrent to US action? And you think that point was proven by the events in Iraq? maybe you better rethink that one more time.....

The US should put a blockade up and call their bluff, then go home and cut of all aid, tell them the gravy train is no longer in service.......
If you think food or aid is the reason for the nukes... it may work... I think the nukes are an issue of greater importance to NK than food... plenty of it to their south.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
there is not plenty of food, they are starving to death trying to survive on grass, and not the good stuff either...

They can't go back into SK without dealing with the international community, even China wouldn't back them this time. It's almost end game for Kim...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
there is not plenty of food, they are starving to death trying to survive on grass, and not the good stuff either...

They can't go back into SK without dealing with the international community, even China wouldn't back them this time. It's almost end game for Kim...

A cornered animal is very dangerous, I'm told. I think Kim, if cornered, will react out of fear rather than as a rational person may. If his people are starving they too are cornered and the grass is always thought to be greener elsewhere. The South, for all they know may be the utopia they long for.. if they long for anything.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000

Yep, sounds good. Either that or disarm the USofA and its masters.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000

Tell who the "gravy train is no longer in service?", Israel? Since they're the only onces that are really and truly at the end of the US gravy train.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: HJD1

Destroy it! And I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of that... Let's get Gort to police the world.

That would never happen. Research "just war theory" sometime, I learned about it in military school.. I'll have to put some effort into posting about it but basically it says the price of war is too big for nuke counties to even contemplate let alone engage in. We were never close with Soviet Russia dispite reports to the contrary.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: HJD1

That would never happen. Research "just war theory" sometime, I learned about it in military school.. I'll have to put some effort into posting about it but basically it says the price of war is too big for nuke counties to even contemplate let alone engage in. We were never close with Soviet Russia dispite reports to the contrary.

According to theory the bumble bee can't fly... but, the bumble bee can't read so he goes ahead and flys anyway.. so it is with those who don't read the rules..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
People who live in their heads, Geez!

Reminds me of the time Mulla Nasrudin worked as a ferryman taking people across the river.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
People who live in their heads, Geez!

Reminds me of the time Mulla Nasrudin worked as a ferryman taking people across the river.

Or Mulla Joe who carried the woman across the river, a shallow one. He set her down once across and bid her good day. On the way his companion, Mulla Pete said " Joe we should not be carrying women across rivers, should we" to that Mulla Joe said "Pete, I set her down.... you're still carrying her".