North Korea To Have Nukes Capable of Reaching America within 1 Year

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Puh-leeze. Most of the middle East hasn't been stable in recorded history and you want to lay it at the feet of the West? We now return you to the regularly scheduled jihad.
I don't care what your "recorded history" says. It's probably been altered anyway.

The Western powers killed, injured and displaced millions of people in the Middle East. Keep your history to yourself.

Last edited:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I am hearing this from multiple sources. What I am also hearing is that the minute North Korea gets the technology it will be begin selling nukes to the highest bidder (it is desperate for cash). A professor from Marquette was talking on the radio that there is no doubt in the intelligence community that North Korea will actively sell ballistic missiles to Middle East terrorists for the right price.

Would nuclear strikes on NYC, Washington DC and LA cripple the United States or would they be minor setbacks? Is America expected to sit back and take the first hit? Could we be hit within the year? Could I fear monger anymore than this?

Utter fucking nonsense. Nuclear material is traceable to source. Any country that sells nukes to terrorists which the terrorists then use would face the same payback as if they launched the strike themselves. NK is not going to nuke us, we'd obliterate them. NK is not going to sell nukes to terrorists, we'd obliterate them. NK is using the possible threat of nukes to get concessions on economic sanctions and so that Kim Jong Whicheveroneisinchargenow can look tough.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I don't care what your "recorded history" says. It's probably been altered anyway.

The Western powers killed, injured and displaced millions of people in the Middle East. Keep your history to yourself.
:D Yep, the middle East just keeps on keeping on.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If another country took down America's missiles, I'm sure America would consider it an attack.
Totally different. Their missile tests are designed to terrorize; ours are designed to impress. Their missiles are offensive; our ICBMs are purely defensive in nature.

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
If another country took down America's missiles, I'm sure America would consider it an attack.
N-Korea states it is testing those missiles to reach as far as New York.
Why should we allow them to build up that threat?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Totally different. Their missile tests are designed to terrorize; ours are designed to impress. Their missiles are offensive; our ICBMs are purely defensive in nature.
Tell me how many people have North Korea's missiles killed or injured?
Tell me how many people have America's missiles killed or injured?

I'm sure one is a lot more than the other. Yet your talking about offensive vs defensive?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Is that how civilization ends? This shit is more grim than the Cold War. North Korea is not a rational actor.

Everyone is interested in survival, but North korea is arguable far more rational externally since they don't have internal politics to abide, like D hawks luring defense votes.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
And America's missiles supposedly go to the moon ...

North Korea isn't attacking anyone. Don't believe the military/corporate/media propaganda.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Perfect illustration of said internal politics:

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
Why doesn't the US send ships that can shoot anti-missiles every time N-Korea shoots a test missile. If they can practice, so should we, no?

Because retaliating against NK in any way is going to open up a whole can of worms that neither China or South Korea want anything to do with, because then they would have to get involved with putting a leash North Korea; which neither of them want to really do at this point.

omega3

Feb 19, 2015

I'm sure one is a lot more than the other. Yet your talking about offensive vs defensive?
N-Korea's missiles haven't killed anybody only because they didn't have them yet.
They've made their intentions clear that they want missiles to attack us.

But again, why doesn't Trump send a ship within range to take down those N-K missiles?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
N-Korea's missiles haven't killed anybody only because they didn't have them yet.
They've made their intentions clear that they want missiles to attack us.

But again, why doesn't Trump send a ship within range to take down those N-K missiles?
Military/corporate propaganda works really well it seems.

There is no "they."

It is "we."

Stop dividing yourself into little tribes. Stop attacking other countries. How much more destruction is needed?

Imagine how much food and other necessary things those missiles of yours could buy.

But no, you want to attack another innocent country for the sake of your little nation ...

What a world - where ordinary people are supporting war against other ordinary people ...

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
When our missiles are in the air, how will China and Russia determine that they are not the intended targets?
For all we know it could look like MAD to them.

It's really not a problem. Pros look at this and have long determined what is needed to achieve a goal. This isn't some amateur Trump running things, these are smart people.

Russia and China go on alert when NK launches. The elevate their defense status and wait. Perhaps communication occurs between us and them, perhaps there isn't time. The US will launch a minimum of missles which the China and Russia will note. Will they be happy? No, but they also know they aren't targets. Why? Because if we did launch against them there would be a rain of death, not relative drops.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I hope you're being sarcastic...

Oric

Oct 11, 1999

Same arguments were being discussed here, in AT in 2002-2003 .. Everyone was damn sure Saddam had WMDs. Forum members cheered and welcomed the invasion of Iraq and (as a result) death of 300.000 Iraqi's when the real intent was to destabilise the region, plant the seeds of extremism from which ISIS has risen, divide Iraq into 3, divide Syria, set up a Kurdish state as the new ally in the region etc. All these plans are summarised as the "Grand Middle East Project", were in our knowledge as the people of this region, maybe you have never heard.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/plans-...e-east-the-project-for-a-new-middle-east/3882

So, North Korea is just another version of the same story. Any new weapon tested by United States is not a threat to world peace but any underdog should be smashed. Why ? Because this is how you remain as the sole hegemon. As an American you might think that this is righteous and cool, but billions on the world see it otherwise. Yeah, I hear you saying "F*** T***", just accept the fact and use profanity as much as you like.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I wonder how, if you paid this much attention to the news on North Korea, that you missed THIS.
What you describe was already done in the latest missile test.

North Korea tested a missile that could reach Chicago
If the missile was fired on a flatter, standard trajectory, it would have major US cities such as Los Angeles, Denver and Chicago well within its range, with the possible ability to reach as far as New York and Boston, according to David Wright, a missile expert at the Union of Concerned Scientists.

Having a missile that can hit the US is one thing. Having a small enough nuclear warhead on it that can still travel that far with accuracy is quite another. They have the missile, but do they have the warhead and guidance system.