North Korea to export long-range missile and nuclear technology to Iran

DukeFan21

Jan 15, 2002
TOKYO (Reuters) - North Korea is in talks to export its Taepodong 2 long-range ballistic missile to Iran and to jointly develop nuclear warheads with Tehran, a Japanese newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Text

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Maybe Alistar7 can show up and figure out a way to blame France
rolleye.gif

Brie

May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Maybe Alistar7 can show up and figure out a way to blame France
rolleye.gif

Well France is part of the UN which gives food to North Korea. Lets starve the Korean civilians out till they submit to our viewpoint.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
How is north korea going to ship these to Iran if the U.S can easily check any ship that leaves North Korea?

Falloutboy

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2003
umm you don't need ships to ship the plans, thats all Iran really needs I'm sure they can get the raw matriels if they need them

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
I suggest for a change we blame Rumsfeld for this one. After all he was a member of the board of the swiss engineering company ABB when they signed a contract to deliver key components to N-Korea for their 2 nuclear reactors. Of course as a member of the board he didn't knew ANYTHING about the 200 million $ contract.

:D

linky

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
More worried about Israel having 200+ nukes and no compunction to use them than Iran....relativly benign and impotent country. Of course it's Israels insistance on WMD militarism which is forceing the issue for these other countries in the region. Israel could destroy them all with conventional weapons easily while Iran can't but still feels the need to escalte the arms race.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Well, after all they are brothers in the axis of evil. Sharing amongst family is typically viewed as a good thing.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
How is north korea going to ship these to Iran if the U.S can easily check any ship that leaves North Korea?

The same way they shipped them to Yemen a year or so ago. We stopped the ship, found the missiles and let the shipment go anyway.

SCUDS

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

The same way they shipped them to Yemen a year or so ago. We stopped the ship, found the missiles and let the shipment go anyway.

SCUDS

If we hadn't that would have been piracy. There is no prohibition against selling missiles to other countries who are not restricted from having them by UN sanctions.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

SCUDS

If we hadn't that would have been piracy. There is no prohibition against selling missiles to other countries who are not restricted from having them by UN sanctions.

That's my point. Is Iran forbidden from having those missiles?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

SCUDS

Not as far as I know. I could be wrong however. They are signatories to the NNPT though so exchange of nuclear weapons technology is prohibited technically.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

SCUDS

Not as far as I know. I could be wrong however. They are signatories to the NNPT though so exchange of nuclear weapons technology is prohibited technically.
We teach the world new tricks. Throw out your treaties and prepare for preemptive war. Why wo we have problems with the countries that are most like us? I suppose it's fear and a matter of control. But who wants the most fearful in control. We are becomming what we fear.

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000

Since GWB just threw the NNPT out the window, technically giving ICBMs and nuclear technology to Iran is legal.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Speaking of Nuclear tech trade, Pakistan gave NK the plans to make Nukes small enough to fit on NK missiles. Nuclear proliferation will continue as long as the need is perceived. Perhaps Gunboat diplomacy has shortcomings?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
This is the result of George's "war on terrorism"...it creates more proliferation of weapons, and in sneakier ways.