North Korea Calls Bolton "Human Scum," Bans Him From Talks

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
On the bright side, being called human scum is better than being called pond scum, but I thought the Korean scum would welcome US scum. Apparently there must be some kind of bad reaction when these two scums come into contact. I guess it's not all one big scummy family after all.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
There WAS nothing wrong with him. Until I was about 12 years old,
and that no-talent-ass-clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Yeah, well I think Michael Bolton is human scum too. Screw that guy :p

I'm definately w/ the Koreans on this one.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
while he [Kim] lives like royalty in Pyongyang, he keeps hundreds of thousands of his people locked in prison camps with millions more mired in abject poverty

Please explain how this is different than bush? His 2 747's cost more than anything Kim has. Except we have 3 million is prison and 40 millon in poverty.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo
while he [Kim] lives like royalty in Pyongyang, he keeps hundreds of thousands of his people locked in prison camps with millions more mired in abject poverty

Please explain how this is different than bush? His 2 747's cost more than anything Kim has. Except we have 3 million is prison and 40 millon in poverty.

The 747's were bought before Bush became President. BTW, they aren't his. The belong to the United States Government. To compare Bush to Kim is ridiculous.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

The 747's were bought before Bush became President. BTW, they aren't his. The belong to the United States Government. To compare Bush to Kim is ridiculous.

Sure is ridiculous when you consider how much more resources we have to address the problem than Kim does. It's beyond ridiculous, it's an abomination. Mr. Bolton has the gaul to to condem NK on it's treatment when his country does the same I is hypocrital too.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have read here. Do you really need someone to break down, in specific detail, the differences between the US and NK and the differences between Bush and Lil Kim?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

Sure is ridiculous when you consider how much more resources we have to address the problem than Kim does. It's beyond ridiculous, it's an abomination. Mr. Bolton has the gaul to to condem NK on it's treatment when his country does the same I is hypocrital too.

Exactly what are we doing that is the same as NK? Giant concentration camps? Millions of people starving? Endless propoganda and a culture of fear? Arbritrary trial and punishment with no legal rights (well we sometimes have that).

You need to get some perspective. Read the HRW or Amnesty International country reports on NK and come back to me.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Exactly what are we doing that is the same as NK? Giant concentration camps? Millions of people starving? Endless propoganda and a culture of fear? Arbritrary trial and punishment with no legal rights (well we sometimes have that).

Well, we do have a couple of those :)

shuan24

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have read here. Do you really need someone to break down, in specific detail, the differences between the US and NK and the differences between Bush and Lil Kim?

Lil Kim? What does a ghetto black woman rapper have in common with a rich white presidential cowboy?

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The American version of living in poverty in most cases would be more comparable to a middle class existence in NK. Remember the majority of our poor living in abject poverty have at least 2 television sets in their homes.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Are you alright?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Oh I know the difference between hundreds of thousands and millions. What I don't get is why Mr. Bolton is throwing stones. Must be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

Oh I know the difference between hundreds of thousands and millions. What I don't get is why Mr. Bolton is throwing stones. Must be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

I think it was quite accurate if not diplomatic. But the NK regime is brutal and life in NK is hellish. That is the truth.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Was he lying? See, the problem with liberals and Europeans is that they don't like straight shooters. Well, we have a lot of straight shooters in Washington right now and they speak their mind? If the North Koreans can truthfully refute his statement, then I'd welcome it.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Dari

Was he lying? See, the problem with liberals and Europeans is that they don't like straight shooters. Well, we have a lot of straight shooters in Washington right now and they speak their mind? If the North Koreans can truthfully refute his statement, then I'd welcome it.

Thier is also a difference between being a straight shooter and pointless belicose antagonism. The latter is ultimately counterproductive in International relations. The administrations initial pointless belicose antagonism towards Iran and NK has IMHO been counter productive. Neverthless, Zebo is wrong. Just about as wrong as he could be.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Thier is also a difference between being a straight shooter and pointless belicose antagonism. The latter is ultimately counterproductive in International relations. The administrations initial pointless belicose antagonism towards Iran and NK has IMHO been counter productive. Neverthless, Zebo is wrong. Just about as wrong as he could be.

That's true. That's why I'll miss Powell if he leaves.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Nope. don't have a problem with straight shooters but when you're going into talks you don't condem a country when we have problems at home too. Not to the scale or extremes of NK but still there...Not if you want to have condusive and constuctive negotiations. Boltons arrogance is not shared by kim or the NK's I assure you and postuering and demonizeing kim will only lead to further blunders by this admin. Remember every day is another day closer to more nukes more probelms.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Nope. don't have a problem with straight shooters but when you're going into talks you don't condem a country when we have problems at home too. Not to the scale or extremes of NK but still there...Not if you want to have condusive and constuctive negotiations. Boltons arrogance is not shared by kim or the NK's I assure you and postuering and demonizeing kim will only lead to further blunders by this admin. Remember every day is another day closer to more nukes more probelms.

how is that any different when Bush said he "loathed" the man? Fact is, the North Koreans are too sensitive and stupid to play this kind of game. By over-reacting like this shows that Bolton was right.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Neverthless, Zebo is wrong. Just about as wrong as he could be.

North Koreans are too sensitive and stupid to play this kind of game

Do I have to spell it out? What would Kim think should be the order of the day if you are indeed interested in negotiation. We need him to comply...He does'nt need us.. his lifestyle will not change no matter how much we starve them out with sanctions it will only make NK's hate us more and hurt them more. Dari-Then don't play it: just bomb the two reactors, and prepare for an assault and liberate.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Neverthless, Zebo is wrong. Just about as wrong as he could be.

North Koreans are too sensitive and stupid to play this kind of game

Do I have to spell it out? What would Kim think should be the order of the day if you are indeed interested in negotiation. We need him to comply...He does'nt need us.. his lifestyle will not change no matter how much we starve them out with sanctions it will only make NK's hate us more and hurt them more. Dari-Then don't play it: just bomb the two reactors, and prepare for an assault and liberate.

NK needs us more than we need them. The NK economy is about $500 million dollars a year, mostly from the sale of illegal drugs, weapons, and counterfeitting. If we isolated him and/or passed a law saying that any country that traded with NK could not trade with us, it'd be over for that country. The bastard is highly insecure and afraid of an attack from us. A nuke can be taken apart in future agreements. And let's not forget that, as despicable as he is, he's a human being. I don't say that because I don't want him killed. I say that because he's a social animal and badly wants to join the family of nations.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Of course i disagree. Chinese will cheat, as they've always done with anything, and other countries will not endorse sanctions because of the humanitarian crisis it will cause. So in effect will have only the us doing a boycott...Meanwhile, as paranoid as kim is he will develope and increase his threat to us and our allies. And eventually we will have resigned ourselves to NK being a Nuclear Power. Of course along the way many people will die unessesary, over bravado, while we alone boycott. I don't think he'd ever be crazy enough to sell of WMD's to terrorists though. Exhibit: afghansitan x1000.

IMO we must treat them and Kim with respect and be genuine if we really want NK to disarm and eventually become democratic. Sometimes I question if that's really what the admin wants with the whole axis of evil, not wanting to negotiate directly and now this. Hardball simply is a recipe for disaster.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Of course i disagree. Chinese will cheat, as they've always done with anything, and other countries will not endorse sanctions because of the humanitarian crisis it will cause. So in effect will have only the us doing a boycott...Meanwhile, as paranoid as kim is he will develope and increase his threat to us and our allies. And eventually we will have resigned ourselves to NK being a Nuclear Power. Of course along the way many people will die unessesary, over bravado, while we alone boycott. I don't think he'd ever be crazy enough to sell of WMD's to terrorists though. Exhibit: afghansitan x1000.

IMO we must treat them and Kim with respect and be genuine if we really want NK to disarm and eventually become democratic. Sometimes I question if that's really what the admin wants with the whole axis of evil, not wanting to negotiate directly and now this. Hardball simply is a recipe for disaster.

after 9/11, the NK see that we take threats seriously. Not only that, they are blinking with us simply calling them names. They're scared and want to settle this matter peacefully.