North Carolina mocked after prioritising anyone who has smoked 100 cigarettes in their lifetime for a vaccine.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I didn't want shit in the COVID-19 vaccination thread. Couldn't find a good place so it gets its own thread.

North Carolina mocked after prioritising anyone who has smoked 100 cigarettes in their lifetime for a vaccine.

"Victor Ricchezza, a Geology Professor at Georgia State University added: “I haven't smoked in years but was just joking with my wife that I could almost certainly smoke 100 cigarettes by the time we hit North Carolina in the car.”c

• Wow
Reactions: Leeea and pmv

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
I never smoked but my partner did.

I am sure with a bit of coaching I will have done at least a hundred by the time I hit the north carolina border.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I didn't want shit in the COVID-19 vaccination thread. Couldn't find a good place so it gets its own thread.

"Victor Ricchezza, a Geology Professor at Georgia State University added: “I haven't smoked in years but was just joking with my wife that I could almost certainly smoke 100 cigarettes by the time we hit North Carolina in the car.”c
You posted two identical threads. I expect more from our overlord.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You posted two identical threads. I expect more from our overlord.
Damn. I thought something was amiss when I posted the thread from my phone. There was a weird lag plus something is going on with the mobile portion of Anandtech. There's comments in the Forum issue section. I just didn't think to look if it posted two threads. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Zorba

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
wondering how they could prove it, especially since I quit using tobacco in the early 90s. and why 100?

anyone could they smoked and never touched one.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You gotta understand the history of NC and tobacco. What city do you suppose Winston and Salem cigarettes are named after. Maybe Winston-Salem, NC? For decades the cheapest cigarettes in the country were in NC, simply because the state would not tax them.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
You gotta understand the history of NC and tobacco. What city do you suppose Winston and Salem cigarettes are named after. Maybe Winston-Salem, NC? For decades the cheapest cigarettes in the country were in NC, simply because the state would not tax them.

Makes an odd kind of sense I suppose.

Perhaps Wisconsin should prioritize anyone who has downed 100 gallons of milk in their lifetime. Or maybe 100 pounds of cheese? Or 100 six-packs of beer? Vermont could go with 100 pints of maple syrup. Wyoming, 100 pairs of mountain oysters. The possibilities are endless. 😄

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Bet cigs are still relatively cheap in that state.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Well if they wanted to be more inclusive they could add things like touching your sister and sharing boots with a sheep....:eek: :p You know what they say about NC, its where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Well if they wanted to be more inclusive they could add things like touching your sister and sharing boots with a sheep....:eek: :p You know what they say about NC, its where the men are men and the sheep are scared.
Now damn'it, stop confusing North Carolina with Alabama.

5d12b0d160259.jpeg

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you go knocking WNC BBQ there sonny, it might rile me up a bit more than you want me riled.

You guys over there just ruining the best BBQ in the nation, trying to give us a bad name in the east by allowing everyone else to confuse us with those sister-fuckers in SC with their repulsive neon yellow mustard sauces.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You guys over there just ruining the best BBQ in the nation, trying to give us a bad name in the east by allowing everyone else to confuse us with those goat-fuckers in SC with their repulsive neon yellow mustard sauces.
Ftfy

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You guys over there just ruining the best BBQ in the nation, trying to give us a bad name in the east by allowing everyone else to confuse us with those sister-fuckers in SC with their repulsive neon yellow mustard sauces.
NC puts cole slaw on pulled pork sandwiches which should be outlawed. If I want a salad, I’ll order a salad.

• Haha
Reactions: Puffnstuff

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
NC puts cole slaw on pulled pork sandwiches which should be outlawed. If I want a salad, I’ll order a salad.

I've had mix emotions about this. Sometimes it just works AWESOMELY. Other times it's just a hot mess.