North Carolina has a North American Union hologram on the drivers license

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Modelworks
As someone who lives in NC I can tell you that most people here really don't care about a hologram on a license.
You could probably print it on the license in black ink and people wouldn't care.
There are lots of people here that fly confederate flags and get little attention, don't see how a hologram like that would peak interest.

With all the military bases here, we are more concerned with family dying everyday.

Truth.

Its about like atheist complaining about "in god we trust" being on the currency.
In the end, noone will care.

As an atheist I have no problem with "in god we trust" on currency, as currency is god in america anyway :)

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

Isn't the fact of "Amero" currency enough? Obviously its not just for Americans. And thanks for at least trying to discuss the issues :)

Amero currency

Heres the proof you wanted

Not so "hypothetical" after all is it?

OK, notwithstanding the NC drivers license stuff, maybe there is something to your concerns.

If the gov wishes to somehow *merge* the NA countries in an EU fashion, anybody who thinks we're going to have an outright vote for it upfront is niave.

As usual, they'd take an incremental approach and initially achieve it in a stealthy and defacto manner. I suspect by the time there was any vote for an EU - type arangement the changes would be so minor that it would mostly be a symbolic vote.

Our government refuses to do anything about our Southern border, medicaid and free public education is already made available to illegals (who protest here about THEIR rights to live & work here). Then we have NAFTA and the whole Mexican truck thing etc. So, seems to me remarks about "conspirises" and "tin foil hats" are overstateing the case and too dismissive.

Where does one draw the line between expected growth of economic co-operation and the creation of a supranational body like the EU? Seems murky to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we would draw up the list of differences now, we could watch them disappear one-by-one in the future.

Fern

sapiens74

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Can't we have a US/Canada union? I really think that may be of benefit. Inviting Mexico in--no offense Mexicans!--would be like inviting Rosie O'donnell into an orgy with a hot model. They just don't bring enough to the table.

With Rosie you would need a bigger table......

And you would have the fight her for the model's attention

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: GeezerMan
Originally posted by: GeezerMan
Time will tell who's really retarded....

Maybe, but I'd argue that coming to the correct conclusion through faulty logic is not proof of intelligence. It may be that the North American Union is right around the corner and the US will lose all sovereignty, but even if that happens, the fact that you're finding proof in driver's license holograms still makes your brainpower a little suspect.

In any case, the EU seems to be working out pretty well for Europe...even if this conspiracy theory is true, who gives a shit?

Oh, if you are an American, you need the "Tired of the Constitution" forum...

Who's talking about loss of constitutional freedoms? As by far the largest and most powerful member of the "NAU", I imagine the US would have an enormous say as to the laws and regulations. People made that same argument, and still make that argument, about the UN, and I have yet to see UN troops seizing anyone's guns. Face it, you guys are ALWAYS wrong about this stuff...

Well that doesn't matter, those Constitutional freedoms were taken way before the NAU. Patriot act ring a bell? Thought so...

Isn't that a different problem then? I don't like the Patriot Act either (and I hate the Orwellian name), but your argument makes no sense. "The NAU is going to take away our constitutional freedoms, and my proof is that the Patriot Act already took away our constitutional freedoms"? Huh?

What I was trying to get at is, our Constitution has been taken away with the patriot act, but if this country moves itself into a "NAU" then the Constitution would be totally dissolved.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Fern

Isn't the fact of "Amero" currency enough? Obviously its not just for Americans. And thanks for at least trying to discuss the issues :)

Amero currency

Heres the proof you wanted

Not so "hypothetical" after all is it?

OK, notwithstanding the NC drivers license stuff, maybe there is something to your concerns.

If the gov wishes to somehow *merge* the NA countries in an EU fashion, anybody who thinks we're going to have an outright vote for it upfront is niave.

As usual, they'd take an incremental approach and initially achieve it in a stealthy and defacto manner. I suspect by the time there was any vote for an EU - type arangement the changes would be so minor that it would mostly be a symbolic vote.

Our government refuses to do anything about our Southern border, medicaid and free public education is already made available to illegals (who protest here about THEIR rights to live & work here). Then we have NAFTA and the whole Mexican truck thing etc. So, seems to me remarks about "conspirises" and "tin foil hats" are overstateing the case and too dismissive.

Where does one draw the line between expected growth of economic co-operation and the creation of a supranational body like the EU? Seems murky to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we would draw up the list of differences now, we could watch them disappear one-by-one in the future.

Fern

I think you explained my concerns better than I could have. Thanks. :)

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
The NAFTA agreement that the USA is bound by, trumps U.S. laws.

link

"Right now, Chapter 11 of the NAFTA agreement allows a private NAFTA foreign investor to sue the U.S. government if the investor believes a state or federal law damages the investor?s NAFTA business.

Under Chapter 11, NAFTA establishes a tribunal that conducts a behind closed-doors ?trial? to decide the case according to the legal principals established by either the World Bank?s International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes or the UN?s Commission for International Trade Law. If the decision is adverse to the U.S., the NAFTA tribunal can impose its decision as final, trumping U.S. law, even as decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. U.S. laws can be effectively overturned and the NAFTA Chapter 11 tribunal can impose millions or billions of dollars in fines on the U.S. government, to be paid ultimately by the U.S. taxpayer."