• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Normal frames on gta 5?

nnfrancois

May 24, 2019
So i currently have a core 2 quad q6600 system with 6 gb of ddr2 ram a r7 240(4 gig model) and when i go to online,i average 22 fps but after 15 minutes it drops down to 5-10 fps, any way to remedy this or should i not play at all?P.S cant upgrade to anything newer cus we just dont have the money for any new components and all my setting are at the lowest

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator and Elite Member
Aug 22, 2001
So i currently have a core 2 quad q6600 system with 6 gb of ddr2 ram a r7 240(4 gig model) and when i go to online,i average 22 fps but after 15 minutes it drops down to 5-10 fps, any way to remedy this or should i not play at all?P.S cant upgrade to anything newer cus we just dont have the money for any new components and all my setting are at the lowest
Use CPUID HWmonitor or the like to check CPU temps during gameplay. It is probably time to redo the thermal compound on the CPU.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator and Elite Member
Aug 22, 2001
I did,its about 40 c under full load and stayed consistent no matter what.
That seems low unless you have serious cooling or it is clock throttling.

Did you google it to see if others are reporting similar issues with older cards like yours? You can reinstall drivers, check the psu voltages, all the SOP stuff.

nnfrancois

May 24, 2019
That seems low unless you have serious cooling or it is clock throttling.

Did you google it to see if others are reporting similar issues with older cards like yours? You can reinstall drivers, check the psu voltages, all the SOP stuff.
mkay i will do that when i can and if the problem persist i will let you know

mopardude87

Oct 22, 2018
I ran a Q6600 with a tape mod that raised it to 3Ghz and i certainly averaged more frames then 22fps . I did have a nvidia card though and my system had 8gb of ram. Not honestly sure if GTA V is simply dropping frame rates cause of a lack of physical memory? I was able to lock my frame rate to 30fps btw with my set up and it was fairly smooth to be honest.Google up the tap mode its pretty easy and i was able to pull it off on a Dell tower of all things.

MSI Afterburner and running the rivatuner OSD may show if its a temp or ram issue. My money is on honestly the memory. If your hard drive light on your cases starts going crazy during the frame drops then its very likely cause of the game eating into your pagefile.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS