Nope, no need to put money into combating right wing extremism at all - aka Florida Man

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
Some people here hang by my every word it seems, I have the same crowd follows my every post. I've edited my post, I dared to say the left isn't perfect either, but don't want to derail this thread, I AM happy this guy was caught.
not hanging on your words, just making sure they carry all the credibility they and you deserve.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
We have a lot of active users who post and read all day long. If it seems like a lot of people jump on your posts all the time, perhaps the problem isn't them.

Nah, a bunch of partisan brainwashed types getting angry and anything that challenges their emotionally held position doesn't mean anything about my stance.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What do you consider "rightwing brethren"?

It is funny, I post on right leaning boards and an called a liberal for calling out the right. I post on this left leaning board and am called a righty. I think as long as this continues I'm probably the one actually seeing things somewhat objectively.

Tell us about how you called out the Right.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What do you consider "rightwing brethren"?

It is funny, I post on right leaning boards and an called a liberal for calling out the right. I post on this left leaning board and am called a righty. I think as long as this continues I'm probably the one actually seeing things somewhat objectively.

so by your own admission, you simply post to rile people up. It is clear to anyone that your admitted behavior here is not a reflection of some "noble, high-minded independent philosophy."

you are simply a troll, with bad lungs.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Tell us about how you called out the Right.

Over reaching conservative chrisitanity.
Too much corporate power.
Pushing the war on drugs, prisons for profits, imprisoning people over what they put into their own bodies.
Ronnie Reagan is one of the most over rated presidents ever.
Industrial military machine, war economy.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
so by your own admission, you simply post to rile people up. It is clear to anyone that your admitted behavior here is not a reflection of some "noble, high-minded independent philosophy."

you are simply a troll, with bad lungs.

Nah, I just see partisan types as silly and brainwashed. You drink the blue koolaid, as an example.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Nah, a bunch of partisan brainwashed types getting angry and anything that challenges their emotionally held position doesn't mean anything about my stance.
All we know about you is what you post and being a partisan brainwashed type angry about anything that challenges your emotionally held position describes what you post very well. Accuse others of what you do, Freudian slip.

And as to the meat of this thread. I am suspicious of this arrest. Our government has a history of Agent Provocateurs manufacturing evil acts and perps to justify their payrolls. Without a undercover cheerleader would this have ended up as anything but hot air?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Pushing the war on drugs, prisons for profits, imprisoning people over what they put into their own bodies.
Yet you support more of that by supporting Trump. It doesn’t make sense unless you’re convinced this time will be different.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Other than the Ronnie worship you just described Trumpublican goals.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The real miss of "ya'll" is the hypocrisy and double standard.

No, the real miss is misspelling y'all, despite it being right in front of you.

And I've always found zin to be rather centrist, for the most part. Wrong rarely, ironic a bit, sarcastic a bit, but wrong rarely and always admits when gets it wrong.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti
Feb 16, 2005

And I've always found zin to be rather centrist, for the most part. Wrong rarely, ironic a bit, sarcastic a bit, but wrong rarely and always admits when gets it wrong.

lol, I missed that.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Yet you support more of that by supporting Trump. It doesn’t make sense unless you’re convinced this time will be different.

I think Trump is a bit different, yes.

And the thing is, while I see these faults and more in the right, the left was a worse option this time around. Just my opinion. Hillary just wasn't an easy choice over Trump for many of us, as she may have been for you.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

A typo, you really got me.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I think Trump is a bit different, yes.

And the thing is, while I see these faults and more in the right, the left was a worse option this time around. Just my opinion. Hillary just wasn't an easy choice over Trump for many of us, as she may have been for you.
Why do you think Trump will be different? What policies has he gone against Republicans on? Has he pushed for his promise of healthcare for all and cheaper than it is currently or did he promote the crap bill from Congress? I just haven’t seen where he’s any different, other than talking a good game.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
And as to the meat of this thread. I am suspicious of this arrest. Our government has a history of Agent Provocateurs manufacturing evil acts and perps to justify their payrolls. Without a undercover cheerleader would this have ended up as anything but hot air?

Wow that is a bold claim. How exactly do you trick somebody into plotting mass murder? I guess I am pretty OK with locking up people who were so maliciously tricked by our government.

Nov 25, 2013
Hang him high. Peaceful members of any group should not be the target of others. We have no place in society for those who will single out a peaceful group and wish to do it harm.

That being said, Antifa is the real problem today, on the whole.

Nazis: toss folks into ovens.
Antifa: punches Nazis.

Poor Nazis.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why do you think Trump will be different? What policies has he gone against Republicans on? Has he pushed for his promise of healthcare for all and cheaper than it is currently or did he promote the crap bill from Congress? I just haven’t seen where he’s any different, other than talking a good game.

I think a lot that is against him are just talking points, no different than those that were against Obama for pushing his policies. I don't think his tax plan is as awful as many make it out to be. I think his stance on immigration is the correct one. I like him being pro-2A too. If I had to choose, personally I'd be against government mandated / provided health care (though I do admit there are good pro arguments in this area too). I think the EPA is over reaching, I think Trump has swung the pendulum too far the other direction here, but again I think something had to be done. I think he's largely a pro-LGBT Republican, which is good. And to be honest, as much as he's a off the cuff speaker, I trust him more to do the right thing in a crisis than Hillary.

But for me, at least in part, it isn't that Trump is so great so much as bought and sold Hillary was so bad.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Nazis: toss folks into ovens.
Antifa: punches Nazis.

Poor Nazis.

I said problem today. Today Nazis are not throwing people in ovens, they're denying that ever happened and being ignorant. Antifa on the other hand is rioting, blocking traffic, looting, openly talking about killing the POTUS, etc.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think Trump has swung the pendulum too far the other direction here, but again I think something had to be done

Yeh, Hillary executing the same sort of successful policy as Obama for the next 8 years would have been horrifying, huh?