Nope, no need to put money into combating right wing extremism at all - aka Florida Man

Jan 25, 2011
Another terrorist mentally unstable individual thwarted. Thankfully he was apprehended before taking any action.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/man-a...oting-at-jacksonville-islamic-center-in-court

A 69-year-old man who law enforcement said was planning a mass shooting of the Islamic Center of Northeast Florida is to appear Tuesday afternoon at a bond hearing at the U.S. District Courthouse in Jacksonville.

Sheriff Mike Williams announced Monday that Bernandino Bolatete's plan came to law enforcement's attention from a tip in late October. An undercover officer contacted him and the two met on several occasions at local gun ranges. Williams said Bolatete confirmed to the undercover detective in secretly recorded conversations that he hated Muslims and outlined his idea to carry out a mass shooting.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Being anti-fascist is not a left wing extreme position, it's as American as apple pie. America put defeating fascism above defeating the country that bombed it in WW2.

Being against fascism by itself is fine. What the antifa group is, however, is far from some kind of pro-freedom crusader group. Rioting and blocking traffic doesn't help stop fascism.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Being against fascism by itself is fine. What the antifa group is, however, is far from some kind of pro-freedom crusader group. Rioting and blocking traffic doesn't help stop fascism.

I think we know your opinion of left wingers. Any thoughts on the right wing terrorist who was just arrested for planning a massacre?

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce.

seems like Antifa is more pro fascist than anit

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce.

seems like Antifa is more pro fascist than anit

Why can't you just denounce this guy? People like him give all gun nuts a bad name.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Honestly, who does more damage these days? Right wing extremists or left wing extremists like antifa?

Glad they caught this guy.

Hey, there's actually data for this!

https://www.revealnews.org/article/home-is-where-the-hate-is/
http://www.start.umd.edu/topics/right-wing-terrorism
https://www.adl.org/education/resou...ears-of-right-wing-terrorism-in-united-states
http://www.newsweek.com/homegrown-terrorism-rising-threat-right-wing-extremism-619724

Rightwing violence accounts for nearly 5-6x the number of incidents as those "evil evil lefties" that keep you wetting your bed every night, slow.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
dishonestly, who does more damage these days? Right wing extremists or left wing extremists like antifa?

Glad they caught this guy.

mmhmmm

Antifa aint lefties, they dont have unite the left rallies either....

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I think we know your opinion of left wingers. Any thoughts on the right wing terrorist who was just arrested for planning a massacre?

Hang him high. Peaceful members of any group should not be the target of others. We have no place in society for those who will single out a peaceful group and wish to do it harm.

That being said, Antifa is the real problem today, on the whole.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Hang him high. Peaceful members of any group should not be the target of others. We have no place in society for those who will single out a peaceful group and wish to do it harm.

Not even close. The real problem are billionaires purchasing politicians. You drank the kool-aid that billionaires wanted you to drink. Keep your eyes focused on the shiny objects while they pick your pockets.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Only in your sleepless, bedwetting, feverish evenings. How many people has antifa killed or injured this year compared to your rightwing brethren? How many? It's an explicitly empirical answer.

Reactions: jman19

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Only in your sleepless, bedwetting, feverish evenings. How many people has antifa killed or injured this year compared to your rightwing brethren? How many? It's an explicitly empirical answer.

What do you consider "rightwing brethren"?

It is funny, I post on right leaning boards and an called a liberal for calling out the right. I post on this left leaning board and am called a righty. I think as long as this continues I'm probably the one actually seeing things somewhat objectively.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Some people here hang by my every word it seems, I have the same crowd follows my every post. I've edited my post, I dared to say the left isn't perfect either, but don't want to derail this thread, I AM happy this guy was caught.

Jan 25, 2011
Some people here hang by my every word it seems, I have the same crowd follows my every post. I've edited my post, I dared to say the left isn't perfect either, but don't want to derail this thread, I AM happy this guy was caught.
We have a lot of active users who post and read all day long. If it seems like a lot of people jump on your posts all the time, perhaps the problem isn't them.

Reactions: darkswordsman17