NOOOOOOOO!!!! I have my first cavity!! :(

fonzinator

Nov 5, 2002
After 24 years of mad toothbrushing skills, I have my first cavity. :( I don't know where I went wrong?? It appears that one of my molars has a really tiny one, and the another molar looks like the enamel may be eroded. Calling the dentist today. I don't have dental insurance either, so I hope this isn't expensive to fix. BAH!!!

On the bright side...thank God for modern dentistry. :)

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
j0o suck at t3h brushing!

sorry... someone was going to say it eventually ;)

captains

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2003
i hear that they use a pair of plyers and a rusty drill and screw driver to fix those

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
I've lost count how many I've had filled. It's more a matter of genes IMO than brushing. I brush more (and eat better) than most of my friends and I have more problems than they do.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
one of my friends did not brush is teethe for an entire year, went to the dentitst and had 8 cavities at once, but his dad had 12 at once

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
I've had about 5 :(

After the first one, I decided that I F@#$ing hate novacane, so on the other ones, I went without it.

You remember that scene in fight club where Tyler pours the Lye on Tyler's hand... and he keeps trying to "slip away to somewhere else"

Yeah, that's kinda what happened. It wasn't bad.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Bah, I've had them all my life. You'll get used to it.

With everything, it shouldn't be more than say $160 to fill it.

fonzinator

Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Bah, I've had them all my life. You'll get used to it.

With everything, it shouldn't be more than say $160 to fill it.
I hope it's not much more than that...guess I'll find out when I call today.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: captains
i hear that they use a pair of plyers and a rusty drill and screw driver to fix those

A hammer and a chisel works for me!

Dave

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
one of my friends did not brush is teethe for an entire year, went to the dentitst and had 8 cavities at once, but his dad had 12 at once

That is absolutely disgusting... :disgust:

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: fonzinator
After 24 years of mad toothbrushing skills, I have my first cavity. :( I don't know where I went wrong?? It appears that one of my molars has a really tiny one, and the another molar looks like the enamel may be eroded. Calling the dentist today. I don't have dental insurance either, so I hope this isn't expensive to fix. BAH!!!

On the bright side...thank God for modern dentistry. :)

Wow you are in for an experience, the pencil sized needle jabed into the gum line and wiggled around violently. The intense pain of the drill. The numb lip and tongue and associated drooling problem. The overly sensative teeth for a month and all the other problems afterwards!

SilentZero

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I brush my teeth daily and still had 7 cavaties at once! I only got 1 of them filled because the other 6 were sooooooo tiny it wasn't worth filling them. I guess it has alot to do with how soft your teeth are, and how often you floss. I still slack on flossing sometimes. Everyone in my family is cavaity prone and my mother even went to dental school and is a tooth care fanatic. I guess it runs in the family.