Nooooo, article on Wired, talking about Iceland in a bad bad way

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Can utell me why people still live in Iceland? I mean do you have immigration? It seems even colder than Canada and in the middle of nowhere! Why oh why?!

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Tuborg? /edit Duh... read the article!

Hmmm... the only thing I know that comes from Iceland is Bjork. I'll pass, thank you.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Tuborg?

Hmmm... the only thing I know that comes from Iceland is Bjork. I'll pass, thank you.
And also they have a lot of ice. I mean a lot.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Can utell me why people still live in Iceland? I mean do you have immigration? It seems even colder than Canada and in the middle of nowhere! Why oh why?!
dont know but it aint that bad, around 10-20°c during the summer and around 0°c during the winter, I think its not that bad, except maybe that the winter lasts too damn long

this is tuborg

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: Skoorb
dont know but it aint that bad, around 10-20°c during the summer and around 0°c during the winter, I think its not that bad, except maybe that the winter lasts too damn long

this is tuborg
10-20! Egads :(

Alphazero

Golden Member
May 9, 2002
I think Iceland is pretty cool. I've heard they have the highest per-capita consumption of Coca-Cola in the world.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb10-20! Egads :(
15-20°c is perfect for me, 20-30°c is very hot, anything above 30°c is way too hot
10-15°c is ok, 5-10°c is rather cold, 0-5° is cold, -5-0°c is very cold, anything colder than -5°c is too cold

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Pls forgive my ignorance, but what language do they speak in Iceland? I know where the country is located on the map, but nothing else, too bad for me. And does it have any relation to Denmark?

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Booster
Pls forgive my ignorance, but what language do they speak in Iceland? I know where the country is located on the map, but nothing else, too bad for me. And does it have any relation to Denmark?
We talk Icelandic, and we used to be under Danish rule for a few hundred years.

so no one is concerned that Mac fanatics are taking over here ;)

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Do you have many plant and animal species which are endemic to Iceland, or do you mainly have things from the rest of Europe?

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
so no one is concerned that Mac fanatics are taking over here

I think it's too late. They said there were going to be 600 Mac freaks in that theatre. That's like 95% of the popluation there isn't it?;)

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Forwarding this thread to my native icelandic buddy now. Hi Asgeir!
Free beer and subs for all your friends back home.