NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 760 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
CDC concerned data might be misrepresented because a bunch of dishonest actors will absolutely continue to misrepresent data? Like the "Johns Hopkins study"?

giphy.gif

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
CDC concerned data might be misrepresented because a bunch of dishonest actors will absolutely continue to misrepresent data? Like the "Johns Hopkins study"?

giphy.gif

Not saying you're wrong ..... BUT .....

Arguing with these twits/shill's propaganda-posts only lends them credibility.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: And before anyone questions the "shill" label in the above post, what OTHER possible explanation is there for a lurker who joined in 2006 with less then 800 total posts DEDICATING itself to posting misleading bull$hit on this topic in this thread and elsewhere? (remember what Hermann Goering said!)

What does shill mean in slang?

A shill is a hustler or con-person who tries to convince other people to buy something or think something is great (shilling). The shill has ulterior motives for their actions, usually because they are the actual seller or have something to gain if the product sells well.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
CDC published estimates of flu deaths that were quite high for years(probably to hustle vaccine shots)....yet never were lockdowns implemented. COVID eclipsed those "estimates" with real kills.
Horse medicine for the horse-faced!
Parasite treatment with potential placebo effect is more accurate.

Actually, people who jump on the "horse medicine" train are an embodiment of "smart stupidity".

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
CDC published estimates of flu deaths that were quite high for years(probably to hustle vaccine shots)....yet never were lockdowns implemented. COVID eclipsed those "estimates" with real kills.

Parasite treatment with potential placebo effect is more accurate.

Actually, people who jump on the "horse medicine" train are an embodiment of "smart stupidity".

thumb_theres-a-sucker-born-every-minute-n-but-swallowers-are-44376885.png

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Not saying you're wrong ..... BUT .....

Arguing with these twits/shill's propaganda-posts only lends them credibility.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: And before anyone questions the "shill" label in the above post, what OTHER possible explanation is there for a lurker who joined in 2006 with less then 800 total posts DEDICATING itself to posting misleading bull$hit on this topic in this thread and elsewhere? (remember what Hermann Goering said!)
I mean, FWIW, it's not an account that had just lain dormant, there's been a sprinkling of posts over the years in various topics. Nothing in this thread is inconsistent with the poster's general past behavior.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I mean, FWIW, it's not an account that had just lain dormant, there's been a sprinkling of posts over the years in various topics. Nothing in this thread is inconsistent with the poster's general past behavior.

Not implying this account was hijacked like the majority of the "lifer/spambot" posts in OT.... more like these scumbags are being "recruited" by the right to "influence" opinion.

Rather my guess is payment of some kind is being received for continually posted the same brainwashing bullshit mixed with JUST enough "truth" so it appears legit. (AND appears to be from a genuine forum member)

• Haha
Reactions: bononos and gill77

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
NYT direct link - The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects

The agency has withheld critical data on boosters, hospitalizations and, until recently, wastewater analyses.

“Tell the truth, present the data,” said Dr. Paul Offit, a vaccine expert and adviser to the Food and Drug Administration. “I have to believe that there is a way to explain these things so people can understand it.”

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

(anyone paying one of these clowns is getting ripped off... if you folks are fine being tools in some kind of amateur info-war then keep entertaining these tools)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
More likely that data will indicate more expansive and expensive defensive protocols/changes in living(like eating better) beyond vaccination and a tight, more paranoid "code of conduct" more sensible than the "vaccinated and you're a free bird" principle the government hoped would work. The vaccine simply wasn't the condom they hoped it was.

Reactions: Captante

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
More likely that data will indicate more expansive and expensive defensive protocols/changes in living(like eating better) beyond vaccination and a tight, more paranoid "code of conduct" more sensible than the "vaccinated and you're a free bird" principle the government hoped would work. The vaccine simply wasn't the condom they hoped it was.

I find it difficult to understand the logic behind wanting less data, especially when it is official government data. But many statements here seem to defy logic.

The data that showed virus mutation and leaky vaccines was available very early on, but the narrative marched and did so with a blind passion.

Understanding that phenomenon is proving far from simple. Hope is not a strategy.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I find it difficult to understand the logic behind wanting less data, especially when it is official government data. But many statements here seem to defy logic.

The data that showed virus mutation and leaky vaccines was available very early on, but the narrative marched and did so with a blind passion.

Understanding that phenomenon is proving far from simple. Hope is not a strategy.

Pretty sure its certain specific posters whose motivation is in question here not the CDC although blindly trusting anyone is foolish. (especially in reference to a Government agency)

Way too much smoke for there to be zero fire. :rolleyes:

Reactions: nakedfrog

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Thanks for reinforcing my point.

(anyone paying one of these clowns is getting ripped off... if you folks are fine being tools in some kind of amateur info-war then keep entertaining these tools)
This looks like good reporting by the NY Times. Not to defend the clown based on many of his other posts, but not sure how this particular one supports the proposition that he's a shill?

Are you really saying someone is paying him to post a NYT article? :tearsofjoy:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
This looks like good reporting by the NY Times. Not to defend the clown based on many of his other posts, but not sure how this particular one supports the proposition that he's a shill?

Are you really saying someone is paying him to post a NYT article? :tearsofjoy:

No .... hence the "getting ripped off" comment. ;)

I was in no way implying the NYT article was BS btw.... only the poster!

I doubt anyone would pay to have that article specifically re-posted but then I don't think paid "influencers" are usually told exactly what to post.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Our school just gave most of our test kids back to the government as we don't need them anymore :)

Yeah I received my test kits but at this point they really are not all that useful to have.

Better late than never I guess. :confused:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Headed to REI. They are one of the few stores I go to in NJ that still require masks for everyone as of the other week, so curious to see where they are today. The post office stopped requiring masks too. Though most people still do wear masks where it is voluntary.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Still waiting on the data to finalize, but it looks like our case count last week might finally be back down to pre-holiday/Omicron levels.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yesterday at Costco was the lowest mask wearing I've seen yet. About 75 to 80% wearing masks

I'm no longer going to worry about what other folks are doing or thinking far as masking up in public goes.

I've decided I like not getting colds and will be masking up indoors myself during cold/flu season pretty much forever anyplace there are people.

Don't approve? GFY. ;)