NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 752 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
try to only be mad/worry about the things you can change. We all should be allowed our own misinformed possibly foolish opinions if we want. How does anyone not taking the vaccine make your life worse? just keep taking your vaccines since that is what you can do and can worry about.

who are the ones getting killed in this situation? Does it matter the reason for not getting the vaccine? are the religious folks OK to not get it but the ones that think bill gates is tracking them well they are just dangerous for our society!!!!!!!!!

I am actually with him. i am not anti vax but i am anti mandates unless I live in a communist's country and would expect it.
So when do we get rid of our existing vaccine mandates?

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
You're either being incredibly disingenuous or you''re completely lacking the comprehension to understand the statement.

Let me put it a different way. If I convince someone that there is nothing wrong with, say, heroin, and they then use that knowledge to shoot up, get addicted, and perhaps overdose, did not the misinformation I spread put their life in danger?

Oh, I see. You're being disingenuous, since I said nothing about mandates at all, and certainly didn't bring a political system into it.
so according to you and the other guy, not taking the vaccine is the same as taking heroin and not feeding your infant! ;)

if shooting someone in the head doesnt hurt my own health does it mean its good to do? you convince someone to start doing heroin based on telling them its safe? just because its safe doesnt mean i should do it, want to do it, or have any reason to do it.

So funny how everyone has this "greater good" idea and are so mad when everyone doesnt go along. wake up there is no greater good in the world just aLOT of bad and ALOT of good people and then tons that are in the middle.

Reactions: Red Squirrel

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Vaccines have a cumulative synergistic effect. The more people that are vaccinated, the more effective they become. Vaccines create a limited supply of antibodies. Your body has a saturation limit of virions that it can handle at any given time. If you are exposed to more virus than the antibodies can handle, then you can still succumb to the disease even if you are vaccinated.

Others not taking the vaccine make our life worse in 2 ways:

1) When people are vaccinated, then they shed fewer infectious viral particles than the unvaccinated. Meaning, if you are vaccinated and you are near a sick unvaccinated person, then you might exceed your limit to fight the disease and get sick. But if you are vaccinated and you are near a sick vaccinated person, then you might NOT exceed your threshold and stay healthy. Ultimately, the more the people that you are around get vaccinated, the less likely you will get sick. We are impacted by those who are not vaccinated because they can overwhelm our vaccine defenses and make us sick.

2) Due to this synergistic effect, vaccines have a critical threshold. Once the population exceeds that threshold, the virus in that area can no longer reliably spread. We just need to cross that threshold and then we can return to normal. People not taking the vaccine are preventing us from returning to normal.

For the reasons above, the more people get vaccinated, the better our vaccines work. The fewer people get vaccines, the worse our vaccines work. If you are anti-mandates, then you are anti-effective vaccines. That has the same end-effect as being anti-vax.

You are basically saying something similar to: you aren't anti-feeding infants but you don't think parents should be forced to feed their infants. The end result is infants die in either case whether you are anti feeding infants or anti forcing parents to feed them. In an ideal world, parents would choose to feed their infants on their own. But, far too many are choosing not to do the right thing.
I understand these things and it's a big part of why I am angry at people who choose not to be vaccinated even though there's no medical reason not to.

You forgot another key argument: The unvaccinated population are encouraging SARS-CoV-2 to generate more variants, and more variants means more variants of concern. We've had 5 waves so far and there are going to be more. This war is going to be going on for a long time. It could be so much easier, but Rogan, Killster1, Red Squirrel, Goran Djokovic, Aaron Rodgers, etc. etc. are members of the army of individuals who are fucking things up for all of us... epidemiologically, medically, economically, psychologically. Get a clue!

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Antivax boomers willingly killing themselves off so that millennials can have a better life and normalize working from home. It’s an honorable sacrifice. I can hardly believe I used to go to an office or lab five days a week, sounds absolutely exhausting.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
This is also not taking into account unvaccinated people consuming additional limited resources in the healthcare system. Like I mentioned yesterday, even in a state with nearly 80% vaccinated/72% fully vaccinated, one third of our hospital beds have a Covid-19 patient in them. The willfully unvaccinated do not live in a vacuum (but they do suck).
You forgot another key argument: The unvaccinated population are encouraging SARS-CoV-2 to generate more variants, and more variants means more variants of concern. We've had 5 waves so far and there are going to be more. This war is going to be going on for a long time. It could be so much easier
I agree.

Reactions: Muse

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
as soon as i am the dictator of America.. like i said i try really hard not worry about anything i cant change.
Any thoughts on dullard's explanation regarding why it's important for people to get vaccinated beyond your "laugh" reaction? Willing to admit you're just trolling?
People spreading anti-vaxx FUD and enabling vaccine refusers ARE changing things, demonstrably for the worse.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Any thoughts on dullard's explanation regarding why it's important for people to get vaccinated beyond your "laugh" reaction? Willing to admit you're just trolling?
People spreading anti-vaxx FUD and enabling vaccine refusers ARE changing things, demonstrably for the worse.
im not trying to force people (unless im a dictator) to do anything. you cant even get people not to murder and rape each other and you are worried about anti vaxxers! im not against the vaccine again just against mandates. but i guess you are just trolling me to say the same things over and over.

Reactions: gill77

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
im not trying to force people (unless im a dictator) to do anything. you cant even get people not to murder and rape each other and you are worried about anti vaxxers!
That's a moronic analogy, but it makes sense, given the source.
im not against the vaccine again just against mandates. but i guess you are just trolling me to say the same things over and over.
No, I ask if you're trolling because you're "just asking questions", and when you get a detailed, thoughtful response, you can only respond with a "laugh" reaction.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
COVID-19 and metabolic syndrome: could diet be the key?

In the current COVID-19 pandemic, governments mandate social distancing and good hand hygiene, but little attention is paid to the potential impact of diet on health outcomes. Poor diet is the most significant contributor to the burden of chronic, lifestyle-related diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.1 As of 30 May 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that among COVID-19 cases, the two most common underlying health conditions were cardiovascular disease (32%) and diabetes (30%).2 Hospitalisations were six times higher among patients with a reported underlying condition (45.4%) than those without reported underlying conditions (7.6%). Deaths were 12 times higher among patients with reported underlying conditions (19.5%) compared to those without reported underlying conditions (1.6%).2 Two-thirds of people in the UK who have fallen seriously ill with COVID-19 were overweight or obese and 99% of deaths in Italy have been in patients with pre-existing conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes and heart disease.3 These conditions, collectively known as metabolic syndrome, are linked to impaired immune function,4 and more severe symptoms and complications from COVID-19.

https://ebm.bmj.com/content/26/1/1

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I don't think he's trolling tbh. Somewhat like Red Squirrel, not the sharpest tool in the shed.
anyone that has a different opinion than you must be a moron as others have stated. if you don't want to force everyone in the world to vaccinate you are a moron? why does it matter what I want or what opinion these people are NEVER goin to take the vaccine so why bother speculating if it will cure the virus or not.

I like how it seems to be the same type of people that insist on insults and hostility. strange its not the anti mandate people calling everyone else a idiot for worrying about a fantasy of injecting everyone.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
anyone that has a different opinion than you must be a moron as others have stated. if you don't want to force everyone in the world to vaccinate you are a moron? why does it matter what I want or what opinion these people are NEVER goin to take the vaccine so why bother speculating if it will cure the virus or not.

I like how it seems to be the same type of people that insist on insults and hostility. strange its not the anti mandate people calling everyone else a idiot for worrying about a fantasy of injecting everyone.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

Mar 11, 2004
I assume killster is a P&N wacko?

Nah, he's one of the many snowflake crybaby bitches that can't handle P&N so he tries to stupid up OT with his idiocy instead. He occasionally tries to shitpost there but I assume immediately shits his diaper and runs off not to be seen for weeks if not months again because he knows all he can do is shitpost and run since being able to present a coherent insightful point is something he seemingly got vaccinated against long ago.

I don't think he's trolling tbh. Somewhat like Red Squirrel, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Its moot. Much like with the debates about so many of the modern faces of conservative politics with regards to if they're knowingly evil or just really fucking stupid, the reality is they're both simultaneously. So, they are trolling (Red Squirrel even used to admit as much when he used to threadcrap evolution threads in exactly the same way he's been shitposting in here, but I'm guessing he followed suit with other similarly minded persons and decided that morals are much easier to manage if you just stop applying them to yourself and instead condemn others for their supposed failures while spouting nonsensical conspiracy idiocy so that even his own mind can't make sense of anything), but they are also really stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'd say the ones who blindly follow the propaganda machine are the ones that are not very sharp as they cannot think beyond what they are being spoon fed by the ones trying to control the population.

We are thankfully seeing a turning of the tides where more people are standing up though.

AMB9bwp.jpg

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Good job, "freedom convoy", you really showed those... truckers.

I'd say the ones who blindly follow the propaganda machine are the ones that are not very sharp as they cannot think beyond what they are being spoon fed by the ones trying to control the population.

We are thankfully seeing a turning of the tides where more people are standing up though.

AMB9bwp.jpg
You believe in conspiracy theory bullshit, you're not qualified to talk about other people falling for propaganda.

• Love
Reactions: KMFJD

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

AMB9bwp.jpg
You live one of the most privileged lives of any person in human history and you whine about oppression?

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Nah, he's one of the many snowflake crybaby bitches that can't handle P&N so he tries to stupid up OT with his idiocy instead. He occasionally tries to shitpost there but I assume immediately shits his diaper and runs off not to be seen for weeks if not months again because he knows all he can do is shitpost and run since being able to present a coherent insightful point is something he seemingly got vaccinated against long ago.

Its moot. Much like with the debates about so many of the modern faces of conservative politics with regards to if they're knowingly evil or just really fucking stupid, the reality is they're both simultaneously. So, they are trolling (Red Squirrel even used to admit as much when he used to threadcrap evolution threads in exactly the same way he's been shitposting in here, but I'm guessing he followed suit with other similarly minded persons and decided that morals are much easier to manage if you just stop applying them to yourself and instead condemn others for their supposed failures while spouting nonsensical conspiracy idiocy so that even his own mind can't make sense of anything), but they are also really stupid.
hey another person who cant help themselves. no self control so they must insult and attack! nice to have you here glad you can contribute such great insight. i never ran from OT i was banned over and over and never even insulted one person. When someone cant handle a different point of view they attack etc.. nice to see you cant handle the simplest things in life like keeping your emotions in check.

And here you are again discussing moderator actions in public.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
hey another person who cant help themselves. no self control so they must insult and attack! nice to have you here glad you can contribute such great insight. i never ran from OT i was banned over and over and never even insulted one person. When someone cant handle a different point of view they attack etc.. nice to see you cant handle the simplest things in life like keeping your emotions in check.
Speaking of insight, do you have any thoughts on dullard's detailed, thoughtful response to your question?
Or are you just here to stir the pot and then guffaw when someone treats you the way you were hoping they would, so you can pretend you're high and mighty?

Reactions: balloonshark