NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 681 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Fine, so 98% of the data on VAERS is false (I was simply replying to the claim that they wouldn't sell a vaccine that caused hundreds of deaths). You all are being irrational about this.
You aren't thinking critically here. In fact, your first sentence indicates that you're thinking emotionally rather than rationally.

VAERS can be both true and not indicative of vaccine deaths.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Fine, so 98% of the data on VAERS is false (I was simply replying to the claim that they wouldn't sell a vaccine that caused hundreds of deaths). You all are being irrational about this.
Did you know a woman died during the Moderns trial?

She was hit by lightning in the mountains.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Daughter got sent home from school with a 103F fever and a deep cough. Of course it happens when we are out of town and my mother is watching her. Mom gave her a rapid test at home that came back negative, but not sure she did it right.

Highest fever she's ever had. So she probably won't be getting her vaccine tomorrow.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Daughter got sent home from school with a 103F fever and a deep cough. Of course it happens when we are out of town and my mother is watching her. Mom gave her a rapid test at home that came back negative, but not sure she did it right.

Highest fever she's ever had. So she probably won't be getting her vaccine tomorrow.
I hope she gets better quickly and fully. If she just started with symptoms today, then it is likely too soon for a valid Covid test. You might consider getting another on Sunday.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Unfortunately I missed my vaccine appointment earlier today @ CVS thanks to some minor car issues.

Just went to reschedule and found a 645p tonight Moderna appointment available at a different CVS 10 minutes from me!

OTW in a few minutes .... gives me a perfect excuse to get a Zuppardi's meatball pie for dinner!

Just ordered that too! :D *(no cheese & extra sauce/meatballs)

20161105-180216-largejpg.jpg

Reactions: Muse, pmv and K1052

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Unfortunately I missed my vaccine appointment earlier today @ CVS thanks to some minor car issues.

Just went to reschedule and found a 645p tonight Moderna appointment available at a different CVS 10 minutes from me!

OTW in a few minutes .... gives me a perfect excuse to get a Zuppardi's meatball pie for dinner too!

Just ordered that too! :D

20161105-180216-largejpg.jpg
That's a good lookin' pie right there!

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Blasphemy!

If you were in the same room with me an hour after eating cheese you would learn what REAL blasphemy is!

:p

And been 3 hours since the Moderna booster ... feeling a little bit under the weather but it could easily be all in my head this soon.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I hope she gets better quickly and fully. If she just started with symptoms today, then it is likely too soon for a valid Covid test. You might consider getting another on Sunday.
Well she is already back to normal. Lucky, this tends to be how she always gets sick. A fever for a few hours on a Friday while at school. We take her to the doctor since it's going to be the weekend, and by the time we get to the doctor she is completely fine. PCR test also came back negative, though it took two nurses to do it because she was covering her nose.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
If you were in the same room with me an hour after eating cheese you would learn what REAL blasphemy is!

:p

And been 3 hours since the Moderna booster ... feeling a little bit under the weather but it could easily be all in my head this soon.
Take some Tylenol and drink water before bed.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Take some Tylenol and drink water before bed.

I'm not really concerned about the half-dose booster having already survived two full doses without too much in the way of symptoms... no famous last words though!

So far feeling some body-aches and a bit of that "tingly-skin" feeling you get prior to coming down with something.... just had to throw on a thick hoodie at my desk because I got a brief chill. (where its currently 74f!)

Reactions: Zorba

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Getting my booster on Monday. Technically don't qualify. Should I claim fatness or that I work in a factory? I am fat, just not fat enough.

Dec 10, 2005
Getting my booster on Monday. Technically don't qualify. Should I claim fatness or that I work in a factory? I am fat, just not fat enough.
I'm set to get a Moderna booster this afternoon. Got my J&J shot earlier in April, and I'm still confident in the data presented for it, but figure I have nothing to lose by getting a booster, especially with a planned Thanksgiving visit to my parents, and a planned trip to the UK over Christmas (where I will also get to see an older relative).

Reactions: Muse and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm set to get a Moderna booster this afternoon. Got my J&J shot earlier in April, and I'm still confident in the data presented for it, but figure I have nothing to lose by getting a booster, especially with a planned Thanksgiving visit to my parents, and a planned trip to the UK over Christmas (where I will also get to see an older relative).

Got mine 645p last night.

Spent most of today feeling like I got run over by a small truck lol ... chills and body ache/headache. No measurable fever though. All I could eat was a single egg and dry toast.

Had to put on full sweats and a hoodie plus a blanket then I cranked the heat to 80f for a little bit. Eventually I gave up, grabbed the electric blanket and went back to bed after taking 1g Tylenol.

Still feeling shaky now but was able to down some soup. :)

Last edited:

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Got mine 645p last night.

Spent most of today feeling like I got run over by a small truck lol ... chills and body ache/headache. No measurable fever though. All I could eat was a single egg and dry toast.

Had to put on full sweats and a hoodie plus a blanket then I cranked the heat to 80f for a little bit. Eventually I gave up, grabbed the electric blanket and went back to bed after taking 1g Tylenol.

Still feeling shaky now but was able to down some soup. :)

Yeah, I'm planning to take the day after off since I had a pretty good reaction to dose 2. I remember having the chills and run over by a truck feeling the whole day when I wasn't sleeping. While thing must have been 18 hours or so before it let up. Next day all I had was a sore arm.

But hey, they gave me a whole 4 hours off at work for that. I guess I can't complain much since most people probably get zero.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Daughter got her vaccine, no fight at all. No side effects yet.

Good news! :)

Yeah, I'm planning to take the day after off since I had a pretty good reaction to dose 2. I remember having the chills and run over by a truck feeling the whole day when I wasn't sleeping. While thing must have been 18 hours or so before it let up. Next day all I had was a sore arm.

But hey, they gave me a whole 4 hours off at work for that. I guess I can't complain much since most people probably get zero.

Strangely I got only very minor side effects from shot #2... #1 messed me up a lot like Fridays booster did though. (bad feeling lasted about 36 hours this time)

Aside from feeling like I got punched in the arm a few times at the injection spot, as of today I'm feeling 90% fine just a bit tired.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
That's about how I feel this morning. Headache and injection site pain, but otherwise okay. Though, the headache makes me want to do nothing all day.
Of course, the late afternoon has brought some body aches. Hoping that is the extend and not getting a repeat of my fun J&J experience, where I got a low grade fever for a few hours.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Of course, the late afternoon has brought some body aches. Hoping that is the extend and not getting a repeat of my fun J&J experience, where I got a low grade fever for a few hours.

Towards the end of the day you always run out of gas when fighting something off which is what your body thinks its doing.

My arm still hurts, I don't have my normal energy or appetite but otherwise I'm feeling much better!

I do however anticipate 2-3 days more before I'm 100% again. I'm about to break down and take some Tylenol now myself in fact.

Well worth it IMO... I can't imagine how bad it would feel to have bad Covid!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brainonska511

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That's about how I feel this morning. Headache and injection site pain, but otherwise okay. Though, the headache makes me want to do nothing all day.
My first 2 Moderna were nothing to complain about. 1st, just arm soreness for a few days, although pretty sore for a day or two. 2nd didn't notice soreness, but had fever next day, but I wasn't uncomfortable at all. No headaches, I never seem to get headaches, period. Booster was 9 days ago, Moderna. I was concerned I might have an intense reaction, one never knows, so I got everything done I had to before the booster. Was almost no reaction, just a bit of arm soreness for a few days. Made last weekend a pretty relaxing affair what with everything out of the way.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
My first 2 Moderna were nothing to complain about. 1st, just arm soreness for a few days, although pretty sore for a day or two. 2nd didn't notice soreness, but had fever next day, but I wasn't uncomfortable at all. No headaches, I never seem to get headaches, period. Booster was 9 days ago, Moderna. I was concerned I might have an intense reaction, one never knows, so I got everything done I had to before the booster. Was almost no reaction, just a bit of arm soreness for a few days. Made last weekend a pretty relaxing affair what with everything out of the way.

Really weird how people seem to get very different reactions.... I had by far the worst issues with Moderna shot #1 and the same symptoms but shorter duration for the booster this past Friday.

Meanwhile shot #2 literally did almost nothing in terms of side-effects for me.