NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 620 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Lot of people from those places go to NYC though for work or tourism.

Sooner rather than later the TSA should require vaccination proof for air travel.
I went to new York this summer. Every antivaxer I knew was like "why the hell would you go there and get mugged or shot?" I.e. the antivaxers aren't the ones going to a show in NYC.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I went to new York this summer. Every antivaxer I knew was like "why the hell would you go there and get mugged or shot?" I.e. the antivaxers aren't the ones going to a show in NYC.

Going at the end of August so curious to see. There were always plenty of people wandering around cluelessly who in present conditions I'd expect not to have taken the vaccine.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Going at the end of August so curious to see. There were always plenty of people wandering around cluelessly who in present conditions I'd expect not to have taken the vaccine.
I guess there is an Applebee's and Olive Garden in Time Square, so there must be some bumpkins going there.

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Here are a couple of links that are not a twitter account or a news site that requires subscription/payment.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010

Requiring masks is going to scare a lot of people away, if only for the implication that it's dangerous to be there.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Requiring masks is going to scare a lot of people away, if only for the implication that it's dangerous to be there.
deBlasio hasn't made the move to require masking in NYC... yet. Other cities are. Of course, you can't go to a show on Broadway without vaccination proof now, and I assume you have to wear a mask too. Plus pay up a bunch of $$$. Anti vaxxers are out of luck, of course, it just sucks to be stupid.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I guess there is an Applebee's and Olive Garden in Time Square, so there must be some bumpkins going there.

Just stand still anywhere on Broadway or 7th between 40th and 50th, they move in herds.

• Haha

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
deBlasio hasn't made the move to require masking in NYC... yet. Other cities are. Of course, you can't go to a show on Broadway without vaccination proof now, and I assume you have to wear a mask too. Plus pay up a bunch of $$$. Anti vaxxers are out of luck, of course, it just sucks to be stupid.

That's what I mean. People won't bother going now, vaxxed or not.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Lot of people from those places go to NYC though for work or tourism.

Sooner rather than later the TSA should require vaccination proof for air travel.
Yes....as long as they finally open up vaccine availability to children. It's pissing me off that they're dragging their feet.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yes....as long as they finally open up vaccine availability to children. It's pissing me off that they're dragging their feet.

Obviously ages not covered by existing vaccine EUAs would be exempt for now.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That's what I mean. People won't bother going now, vaxxed or not.
If they're vaxxed, why not? Nothing much different. Myself, I'm prepared to travel but am not making plans. I'll wait for the dust to settle. Right now there's tons of uncertainty.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
Delta variant is different - It's the new covid

Quite informative!

Thankfully the vaccines still are highly effective at keeping you alive.

I'm sure there will be more data on the way, but it is beginning to look like even the vaccinated are infected by, and transmitting Delta.

Pretty much fighting a new enemy at this point.

Reactions: Muse

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Obviously ages not covered by existing vaccine EUAs would be exempt for now.
Obviously. I'm just saying, I want that stupid vaccine for my kids. My local hospital only has 4 kids in there now to my knowledge with Delta...but schools are starting back. I'm expecting a boom shortly.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Obviously. I'm just saying, I want that stupid vaccine for my kids. My local hospital only has 4 kids in there now to my knowledge with Delta...but schools are starting back. I'm expecting a boom shortly.

There is a big shortfall in the 12-18 age range already because parents are holding back even if they themselves are getting the shots. The FDA probably wants to full licensure to not lag the EUA for down to 5yo much.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Probably going to be around Thanksgiving for Pfizer. No idea why they all dragged their feet on kids so much, the kiddie trials didn't start until March.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Probably going to be around Thanksgiving for Pfizer. No idea why they all dragged their feet on kids so much, the kiddie trials didn't start until March.
What's ridiculous is they knew the school year would start up in the South by August.... My kids go back tomorrow....I'm crossing my fingers that they continue with separation and do the kind of stuff they did last year.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Anyone know where to get medical grade N95 masks? I have only found NIOSH certified masks (industrial grade). My wife and I will be in a situation about once twice a month where we’ll need them.

Edit: hmm, looks like NIOSH are protective against inhaled COVID-19 carrying aerosols. Didn’t know they had electrostatic layers.

Now the problem is finding real ones (Amazon sells so many it’s hard to know).

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Anyone know where to get medical grade N95 masks? I have only found NIOSH certified masks (industrial grade). My wife and I will be in a situation about once a month where we’ll need them.

Edit: hmm, looks like NIOSH are protective against inhaled COVID-19 carrying aerosols. Didn’t know they had electrostatic layers.

Now the problem is finding real ones (Amazon sells so many it’s hard to know).
Graingers

Reactions: Captante and Ajay

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
If they're vaxxed, why not?

People are either going to stop going because they're scared of catching the virus (which requiring a mask implies it's dangerous); or they don't want to sit in a theater for two hours with a mask on.

• Haha