NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 615 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
They're calling this wave "the pandemic of the unvaccinated". 20 & 30-year olds going to Crossfit on Tuesday & being intubated Friday. Holy crow.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
They apparently found out Delta viral loads are the same in vaccinated people as unvaccinated...

Top health officials, who were debating the new masking guidance on Monday afternoon, said the game-changer was new data showing that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant carry the same viral load as unvaccinated people who are infected, according to three people familiar with the data. Vaccinated people are unlikely to become severely ill, but the new data raises questions about how easily they might transmit the disease, said the three individuals. Such transmission did not happen in any significant way with earlier variants.

Gee.....just how many times do those tarts at the top always have to take the optimistic, reckless approach when this virus has always managed to defeat the optimistic interpretation of uncertainty?

Is it just for the money or are they accidentally-on-purpose letting people spread the virus to kill a few more?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yep: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc...lly-vaccinated-people-in-covid-hot-spots.html

I hope that you didn't throw your masks away if you live in a blue state. If history serves as a guide, I'm sure that the definition of a "hot spot" will vary on what political party your governor happens to be.

Most "blue" areas already have good compliance. There's a pretty direct correlation between mask use and vaccination rates. If told to mask up they will. It's not a political issue to us. It's a global health crisis.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Dang. I keep seeing stories like this. In the light of the vaccine making covid a (largely) preventable disease, this is rough:

I’m ending up with absolutely no sympathy nor empathy for these idiots. Just want to laugh instead that they stupidly are choosing easily preventable illness/death.

Feb 4, 2009
Reactions: Kaido

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
They apparently found out Delta viral loads are the same in vaccinated people as unvaccinated...

Gee.....just how many times do those tarts at the top always have to take the optimistic, reckless approach when this virus has always managed to defeat the optimistic interpretation of uncertainty?

Is it just for the money or are they accidentally-on-purpose letting people spread the virus to kill a few more?

What f’n money are you talking about? I won’t attempt to address the fact you seem to not understand that as more information is found out, recommendations evolve/change.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
What f’n money are you talking about? I won’t attempt to address the fact you seem to not understand that as more information is found out, recommendations evolve/change.
Do you know that there is lag between cases coming to paper and the time infection actually started? The change in the number of cases...are the results of actions 2-3 weeks prior.

Let me emphasize that I want MORE caution that fools on top are advocating for, not less.

Furthermore, the public has little sense of the "absolute" level of transmissibility of this virus. This shit is likely as contagious as measles but has anyone made that comparison yet so people can have some level of reference understandable in lay terms?

You don't think there are people like me who are extra cautious? That the protocols at the top experts have deficiencies.

Experts can recommened safety over fucking comfort all the time in the face of uncertain information. If every fucking life counted, they would never have released such a lax recommendation. With 5%-10% of vaccine takers likely to be the "unfortunate" that do not receive the efficacy, that alone proves there is single intellectual basis to ever release people from wearing masks as a layer of defense.

Take building codes for example. As of now, the electrical codes are building in numerous failsafes that might save only a handful of people. Anti-tip devices are there to save a handful kids who wind up getting crushed with furniture. Oh, but when it comes to vaccinated people, let's allowed them to go maskless in the face of uncertainty about transmissibility.

Not only that, but even the shady WHO didn't espouse vaccinated individuals being unmasked.

You might think of yourself as bright, but apparently your so dense you don't realize government has goals of its own, one of which is maximizing tax revenues. That conflict of interest is always going to be there when they determine policy, and safety gets compromised until shit hits the fan. It's happened with numerous products. Lead paint, asbestos. And COVID is more of the same. Stop treating it as some omni-benevolent entity.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Israel is using Pfizer/BNT in 5-11 year olds who have certain conditions.

Pfizer expects to submit US EUA for this age range in September.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israel...ren-under-12-as-delta-cases-surge-11627414792

Israel authorized the use of Pfizer Inc.’s Covid-19 vaccine for vulnerable children between five and 11 years old, as cases of the highly contagious Delta variant rise sharply.

Israeli officials said young children should be given the shot if they have a high likelihood of serious illness or death from Covid-19 because of underlying conditions such as severe obesity, chronic lung disease, immunosuppression or heart failure.

The health ministry said each individual case would require special approval and children would be given a lower dosage of the vaccine—10 micrograms instead of the usual 30 micrograms—in accordance with data provided from Pfizer. A spokesman for Pfizer said dosing regimens reside with health authorities as opposed to the pharmaceutical company.

Pfizer is testing the 10-microgram dose in children five to 11 years old, but hasn’t released any clinical data yet. It said it expects to have study results in September, when it expects to ask the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to authorize the use of its shot for this age group.

Reactions: Zorba

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Most "blue" areas already have good compliance. There's a pretty direct correlation between mask use and vaccination rates. If told to mask up they will. It's not a political issue to us. It's a global health crisis.

Mask wearing is only "political" to the very stupid.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Just wanted to thank your for your consistent reporting throughout this mess. Very objective, non-sensationalist, fact-driven information.

Basically just posting what I see in terms of actual information. I do have political opinions on this topic but I mostly have enough self control to keep them in P&N where they are supposed to be heh.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Reactions: Zorba

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Sign me up! I'm collecting vaccine doses like Pokemon, already got 2 in my inventory lol:

Been wondering what the 3rd dose looks like as opposed to the first dose regimen. What if I elect to just go get another shot and don't follow through with the 2nd dose since I already got vaccinated back in March.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Been wondering what the 3rd dose looks like as opposed to the first dose regimen. What if I elect to just go get another shot and don't follow through with the 2nd dose since I already got vaccinated back in March.

The government is not likely to tell anybody except the immunocompromised that they need 3rd shots this year, absent something unusual happening. Though a lot of those people are already just going out and getting the extra shot.