NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 597 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.co...9-quarantine-exemption/20210613182100305.html

Hallelujah! South Korea will finally lift its mandatory 14 day quarantine for certain travelers and visitors who are already vaccinated. Finally! I think the lift takes effect starting in July. I already booked vacation to Mexico for July so I will wait until the fall after my daughter starts college and settled in. I didn't book any vacation for fall because I was hoping South Korea would lift their restrictions. I finally got my wish.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
If you are vaccinated: Who cares? Just go.

Even before Covid, I was leery about taking trip on cruise ship because of multiple breakouts of noroviruses (the virus causes your stomach or intestines or both to get inflamed (acute gastroenteritis). This leads you to have stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea and to throw up) on different cruise ships.

And now Covid plus the newest flare up? Nope, not for me.

In other news, something is going on in mainland china and it is not good news.

In China's Latest Outbreak, Doctors Say the Infected Get Sicker, Faster (yahoo.com)

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Obligatory 2nd dose selfie. :p

Lucky you. They never gave me anything but my vaccination card. Well, I got the shots, that's the biggie.

Reactions: nakedfrog

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Feeling sore arm now and tired, probably the 2nd gen 5G chip activating with the tower. :p

Wait, could the vaccine be why there is a chip shortage. *X-files music*

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I actually got TWO stickers :D , the nurse that gave me the shot gave me one but I got one at the "sign out" table too lol. We don't have cards here but they give a piece of paper that can be used as proof if needed. Right now there is nothing that requires it so it's more a "just in case" thing. I imagine they'll come up with something though, maybe something in the passport.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Wearing a mask into stores is such a no big deal thing. The way people carried on about having to wear one you would have thought we were asking to pull out finger nails with plyers.
I have been fully vaccinated since middle of March and have worn a mask indoors every time. We're officially open in CA in two days. I'll still have my mask on, unless I'm eating, but I'm not planning on that.

My only relaxing has been that I don't wear a mask in my daily now 9.2 mile quad skates on the street. Had a personal best today, a tad over 58 minutes.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I actually got TWO stickers :D , the nurse that gave me the shot gave me one but I got one at the "sign out" table too lol. We don't have cards here but they give a piece of paper that can be used as proof if needed. Right now there is nothing that requires it so it's more a "just in case" thing. I imagine they'll come up with something though, maybe something in the passport.
I have my card under a magnet on my refrigerator, in case they need to add info about booster(s). I scanned the original, printed it and put plastic tape on both sides. That copy sits in my wallet.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Went on one cruise. There were some good times and some cool views, but you are on the ship too damn much. Don't regret it but will reserve any future cruise for when I am much older. Way better shit to do, especially if you just want to wait until Covid is done done.

Feb 4, 2009
Obligatory 2nd dose selfie. :p

If you asked me a few months ago I never would have guessed I'd get my 1st dose, let alone the 2nd one. The deployment was quite rough at the start but it's ramped up now.

Did you get the US Freedom vaccine or the communist one?

sarcasm guys calm down.

Dec 10, 2005
This one seems to be made on a different process. Anyone understand that process?
Also more freedom vaccines
Novavax's vaccine has the COVID-19 spike proteins pre-made and assembled in a way to present the appropriate surface to the immune system, which your body then responds to. I imagine it's somewhat similar to technologies underlying other protein subunit vaccines.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Novavax's vaccine has the COVID-19 spike proteins pre-made and assembled in a way to present the appropriate surface to the immune system, which your body then responds to. I imagine it's somewhat similar to technologies underlying other protein subunit vaccines.

Incidentally I just got my last HPV vaccine dose and it came in a prepackaged single dose syringe. Manufacturers should probably move to these for markets, like the US, where mass vaccination is now less of a regular occurrence so providers don't have to open vials for just one shot.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Went on one cruise. There were some good times and some cool views, but you are on the ship too damn much. Don't regret it but will reserve any future cruise for when I am much older. Way better shit to do, especially if you just want to wait until Covid is done done.

It's right there in the name! Don't want to spend time on a boat? Don't go on a cruise!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It's right there in the name! Don't want to spend time on a boat? Don't go on a cruise!

Of course. The stops just felt way too short. They should have less stops and more time at each port so you can really explore and enjoy things more. At least on the cruise I was on. I did sneak on 3L of tequila using a trick my friend told me about, so that was nice. Saved a ton of money on overpriced drinks.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
On more serious note feeling better though, my arm started to hurt last night then I started to get chills, aches, dizziness, fever etc. Even woke up in full sweat a few times. Got up around 1-2pm and now mostly just relaxing and having coffee, still feeling hot but it's also kinda hot in the house so got the A/C going. Feeling a tad drowsy but I think by tomorrow I'll be back to normal. The reaction came faster this time around but also seems to be shorter.

Reactions: Muse

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
All this talk of stickers and cards and, well, I haven’t seen my vaccination card since the night of the tornado over two months ago... or at least I don’t recall seeing it. Hope I won’t need it any time soon.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
All this talk of stickers and cards and, well, I haven’t seen my vaccination card since the night of the tornado over two months ago... or at least I don’t recall seeing it. Hope I won’t need it any time soon.
Does your state offer any digital form of it? I know it's a thing here.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Probably can get a digital copy from your government.

I was emailed a pdf after first shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
My wife and I have zero desire to ever go on a cruise. It just doesn't appeal to me and from what I've seen of the cruisers in port at many of the countries I've been to, the people on cruises also don't appeal to me.

Reactions: ch33zw1z