NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 548 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Left side of mouth starting to feel tissue pain. Skull muscles feeling the aches. All very light. First noticed at 10:46 am.

This pain killer effect from the virus is real and it is leaving me.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Left side of mouth starting to feel tissue pain. Skull muscles feeling the aches. All very light. First noticed at 10:46 am.

This pain killer effect from the virus is real and it is leaving me.

Get rest and get well soon.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Get rest and get well soon.
Energy-wise I actually feel golden.

I napped from about 11:30 until maybe 12:40-12:50pm.

It's like this virus morphine'd my entire body and that morphine is quickly going away. Rooftop of mouth feels "flu-tight" and flu-achy now. The wins for white blood cells keep on coming in.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Gaah... i'm staring to hear some unsettling things at work. Last week i overheard one guy say "it's not a vaccine, it's gene therapy"..."Biden, Fauci, those rotten fuckers". I didn't say anything at the time as i didn't want to get into it again with him & i didn't really know what he was talking about.
I came home & did some searching. Sounds like some quacks are spreading mis-information again/still.

Today i'm talking to another guy & covid came up. He doesn't want to get vaccinated because he doesn't want his or his kids DNA altered. Wife told him so(she's a nurse). He did say he'll get the J&J when it comes around though.

I'm kinda lost when it comes to biology type stuff but from what i've read, and been reading here(with links) there is no issue. Too bad some choose to believe the small group of "Drs." on the fringe.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Gaah... i'm staring to hear some unsettling things at work. Last week i overheard one guy say "it's not a vaccine, it's gene therapy"..."Biden, Fauci, those rotten fuckers". I didn't say anything at the time as i didn't want to get into it again with him & i didn't really know what he was talking about.
I came home & did some searching. Sounds like some quacks are spreading mis-information again/still.

Today i'm talking to another guy & covid came up. He doesn't want to get vaccinated because he doesn't want his or his kids DNA altered. Wife told him so(she's a nurse). He did say he'll get the J&J when it comes around though.

I'm kinda lost when it comes to biology type stuff but from what i've read, and been reading here(with links) there is no issue. Too bad some choose to believe the small group of "Drs." on the fringe.
Yeah, outright misinformation. Too bad there are so many people of dubious integrity out there... including nurses and doctors. Plenty of bottom feeders around, folks. Witness all the scam phone calls... IIRC ten years ago that wasn't happening. Certainly not 20 years ago. Biden's quest to save the soul of America is spot on, people.

The mRNA vaccines cannot, will not, alter anybody's DNA. Do some online research, it's clear.

Edit: BTW, I'm getting Moderna #2 shot in 15 days. I still don't look like Dr. Fauci...

Last edited:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Yeah, outright misinformation. Too bad there are so many people of dubious integrity out there... including nurses and doctors. Plenty of bottom feeders around, folks. Witness all the scam phone calls... IIRC ten years ago that wasn't happening. Certainly not 20 years ago. Biden's quest to save the soul of America is spot on, people.

The mRNA vaccines cannot, will not, alter anybody's DNA. Do some online research, it's clear.

Edit: BTW, I'm getting Moderna #2 shot in 15 days. I still don't look like Dr. Fauci...

My wife got her second shot Friday and she has been just fine. Felt a little tired on Saturday and Sunday and that was about it.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
My wife got her second shot Friday and she has been just fine. Felt a little tired on Saturday and Sunday and that was about it.

She didn't transform into a 20something sexy vixen? :D

In other news, several carports of the local apartments collapsed on top of vehicles from too much snow and ice/sleet.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
She didn't transform into a 20something sexy vixen? :D

In other news, several carports collapsed on top of vehicles from too much snow and ice/sleet.

Unfortunately it didn't make her elbows any less pointy so you guys wouldn't be interested.

• Haha
Reactions: Spacehead

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

African-Americans are primed to reject the J&J vaccine because of the talcum powder scandal. Combined with other abuses of science, they are wary too of chemicals from powerful corporations.

The only legit concern is a bad reaction will occur in less than the 1 in 10 million chances established vaccines have.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I only know a handful of people who've gotten the vaccine so far. And they're all EMTs or firefighters. My FIL is supposed to get his first shot today, haven't heard back from the wife about him. It's slow going here in CA for the rest of us. Doesn't help that my county has only gotten about 4k doses to distribute since Dec.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I got my first shot today. I feel fine. My wife is getting hers tomorrow. My mom and my sister both got their first shot like week or two ago. No problems so far.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
My temps have jumped as of tonight.

Ear readings show 98.6-98.8 after hovering around 98 flat for the most part this morning and before.

Temps are in-ear measurements, so I don't know if ambient air affects the reading. I am not sticking that thing in my ass for the sake of accuracy.

Cough reflex still present, in-mouth soreness has dissipated.

All things considered, improvement has not stopped yet.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
All the little sensations that I feel internally are coming back more and more.

5:35 am, I can feel that pesky swollen gum infection and the 'pressure" is more now that COVID morphine effect is dissipating. Slight bits of gum pain while brushing teeth were also noticed by me. The little sinus irritation and blood pulsation was felt on the forehead above my right eye. And I woke up with morning wood...LOL. I press my nostril and the tenderness was quite pronounced. Led me to blow my nose. Afterwards, not so tender since.

Sneezed twice today. Once at 5:59am at 9:39am, and at 9:45am.

Throat and chest and ears still feel like an itchy fluy feel, but very minor and controllable. Can feel some mucus in throat.

Energy is still good, but with the return of my regular sensations, including aches from tight muscles, I am not in as much comfort anymore.

Just had a single cough.

I just hope COVID isn't trolling me by being the cause of the gum swelling also.

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, the virus must be screaming "I ain't dying", as I have just developed a strong enough cough that I cannot easily suppress.

I do not know if the sugar laden orange juice I drank maybe 30 minutes ago may have aggravated or triggered this.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I got my first shot today. I feel fine. My wife is getting hers tomorrow. My mom and my sister both got their first shot like week or two ago. No problems so far.
It took about 7 hours for my arm to start getting sore. Soreness didn't completely go away for almost 3 days. Other symptoms were mild. My 2nd dose of Moderna is scheduled 14 days from today. I should be at 92% efficacy protection now.

Feb 4, 2009
Sounds more like a hustle to conserve doses and scatter them out instead of pursuing the extra 2% efficacy, which is very significant when talking about millions of people. .

I know one thing about this virus; people have been too optimistic, and that includes the "reasoned" ones along with the total deniers.

Vaccinating twice the people would certainly negate the 93 vs 95%

Dec 10, 2005
As far as I can tell, that was not a letter from Pfizer. It was a secondary, retrospective analysis by 2 independent researchers of the data submitted to the FDA by Pfizer. They basically threw out the first 2 weeks after the first vaccine, and then only analyzed the tiny window of time before the second shot was given. With the small number of patients in that pool with an incidence of covid and the extremely limited window of time, it's hard to judge the validity of such an analysis. It's extremely dubious information to use to justify altering public policy to use the vaccine counter to how it was tested.

Reactions: K1052 and destrekor

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
As far as I can tell, that was not a letter from Pfizer. It was a secondary, retrospective analysis by 2 independent researchers of the data submitted to the FDA by Pfizer. They basically threw out the first 2 weeks after the first vaccine, and then only analyzed the tiny window of time before the second shot was given. With the small number of patients in that pool with an incidence of covid and the extremely limited window of time, it's hard to judge the validity of such an analysis. It's extremely dubious information to use to justify altering public policy to use the vaccine counter to how it was tested.

Pretty much. This discussion in the whole Twitter thread brings up a lot of key info.

Not Pfizer themselves, but the opinion of others.

If the policymakers want to go single shot, fine, but Pfizer disclaim anything wrong because they didn't write that letter.

These "intellectuals" are the types two-faced intellectuals who would convinced the "reasoned" folks that there are bounds to the ability of the virus's danger.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

That is nice, they are still only doing 65+ here and healthcare/first responders.

Dec 10, 2005
If the policymakers want to go single shot, fine, but Pfizer disclaim anything wrong because they didn't write that letter.
In general, pharmaceutical companies will not externally suggest uses contrary to their approved indications, as the FDA does come down hard on that stuff. I expect that the most we'll hear from Pfizer will be that they defer to the trial data and the approved indications. They may try to publish some additional analysis from the trial, but they probably won't be talking about those proactively, given FDA restrictions on pharmaceutical communications.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
That is nice, they are still only doing 65+ here and healthcare/first responders.

Same here, elders and first responders/doctors/nurses and folks working in nursing homes or folks with underlining health issues.

Youngings like myself will be a long while, probably 2nd half of this year, maybe.

Or I could hook up with my g/f who is an ER nurse, as a spouse. If I go that route, I wonder if I will have to carry that debt for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Torn Mind