NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 480 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
wow, look at the top replies--it's all about share value and that one dude disappointment with info being released after hours.

(I mean, that's standard--obviously it's some dweeb that downloaded robinhood this year and started losing money for the first time in his life).

anyway, wtf people? get your fucking human priorities fixed.

I try to read as little finance twitter as possible lol

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It's gonna get real rough in hospitals with flu patients coming in too. I feel for our healthcare workers

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Was going to drive down to San Diego this weekend but cancelled since they've moved to the worst tier and places are closing down again. Instead we're going to head to the mountains. Been trying to keep an eye out on numbers for the greater Austin area. Still scheduled to fly out there for Thanksgiving week.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yeah, we were thinking about heading to Santa Monica but LA County is in the worst tier now so we have to figure out if everything is going to be shut down.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
What if the vacciine turns us into...

ZOMBIES! :(

The zombies will quickly starve to death due to the apparent brain shortage in America.

My BIL flew in from CA with his toddler daughter a few days ago to help my FIL with his busy season at his business...even though they told him not to come. Now he's laying a guilt trip on us because we don't want to go up and visit.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I managed to scuttle the few plans anybody was making for thanksgiving in my family. My dad is in his 70s with a list of health issues as long as my arm. My parents are hesitant to say no so I'm doing it for them which hasn't exactly made me popular with some people.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Now there are not just a few vaccines but over 200 different vaccines in the pipeline being developed around the world to fight this virus.

Saw a story on CNA earlier today. The lockdown to fight this virus was devastated to the working poor (factory employees, laborers, house cleaners, etc.) around the world, especially in developing countries. Many of them only had 1 meal per day and the meal was porridge and veggies. Some of them killed themselves because of debt.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Captante

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
lol. They were expecting something else? I mean, not just cruise passengers, but the crew, the captain, the company... did they really expect anything otherwise?

How many people were on the cruise? I'm curious how close they were to selling out if they were 80% capacity or 20%.

119 passengers and crew which looks like about 50% capacity.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Doctor friend at a local major hospital/medical system says they are again canceling elective procedures and have told other facilities to stop referring potential COVID cases because they can't process them quickly enough. Rumor is is the other local major medical hospital is about to do the same

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
148K new cases today.

South Dakota's test positivity rate is 68% !
The day isn't even over yet as far as JHU or Worldometers is concerned.

CNN had reported SD was at 55%, but I guess the sky's the limit. :mad:

I hate to even ask this, but isn't the administration's herd immunity "strategy" running before our eyes? If 20M Americans will have tested positive by the end of winter, what's the true infection count? Maybe 4x = 80M? By the time vaccines are readily available, 1 in 4 Americans may not need to participate.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Like buying tickets on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

Speaking of mobile morgues... why would people even go on a cruise right now?! People are freaking retarded. Stop freaking traveling.

Even here in Canada we're doing bad now, the only places doing well are the provinces that have more strict travel bans. Not just the travel that's the issue but big social gatherings like weddings.