NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 402 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Maybe one of the best things to come out of Covid is the memes, i about died when i found out there is a slew of "no taste" ones. This one is great. Can't wait till we all can look back and laugh at the stupid shit during Covid. The tp memes alone are golden, now i found these. Kinda have to laugh at stuff sometimes and not be so serious sometimes.

1594655865748.png

Reactions: CZroe

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Still, be careful. It's possible your whole family got it, but all were asymptomatic. You still don't want to spread to other people. I don't recall if you said whether or not you had been recently tested.

I'll get another test before I get my next haircut.
Being careful in your family if it's suspected that at least one member is positive is just good sense. The less exposure even if you contract, the less likely to get a serious case. Viral dose is a very important concept. If you inhale a large dose, you are more apt to get pneumonia than if you inhale a small dose (in which case it may infect the nose etc. but not reach the lungs).

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
I haven't washed any of my masks but I haven't tossed any either. I figure if you let them sit around for a few days, especially a week, they are not going to have any living spores on them and it's safe to reuse them. Good luck with your issues there and keep up the good hygiene and smart protocols.
Rotating masks..this is what I've been doing as well. I would like to add that I'm also hanging the used masks in a sunny window with the hope of getting some additional UV sanitation as well I think 4 days is plenty long enough , but the longer the the better

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011

My sis and her family are leaving to D-World in a few days. They moved to Texas right before everything went on lockdown here in CA. They were out here for a few weeks and just flew home today. They're hell-bent on going, no matter how much I try to tell them to just stay home and see how everything plays out (we all know how that's going to end).

Nov 8, 2012
My sis and her family are leaving to D-World in a few days. They moved to Texas right before everything went on lockdown here in CA. They were out here for a few weeks and just flew home today. They're hell-bent on going, no matter how much I try to tell them to just stay home and see how everything plays out (we all know how that's going to end).

Not gonna lie... I would love to go to Disney if a lot less people are showing up with much shorter lines :p

Okay, not enough to go out and risk getting COVID, but still... I can dream...

Reactions: zinfamous

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
We went a week or two after 9/11
Not gonna lie it was awesome to get on any ride without a line.

So weird everyone fled Disney back then because they were affair a terrorist would crash a plane into space mountain while they were on it but there's an actual pandemic and its all fake news so lets load this thing up.

My wife was planning a big trip to Disney next year or something and she's put the idea on hold. Its a silver lining in all this for me. I dislike Disneyland and hate Florida so the whole thing sounded like a nightmare come true before this all went down.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Maybe one of the best things to come out of Covid is the memes, i about died when i found out there is a slew of "no taste" ones. This one is great. Can't wait till we all can look back and laugh at the stupid shit during Covid. The tp memes alone are golden, now i found these. Kinda have to laugh at stuff sometimes and not be so serious sometimes.

View attachment 25694

I thought the toilet paper ones got old quickly.

Never liked the TP ones in the first place. Most of them implied that people irrationally bought TP. It's very rational to stock up so you don't need to go out for more in the coming months and risk contact + infection.

I have always bought the most monstrous packs I could buy. Almost never a good reason to buy less.

Reactions: mopardude87

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I thought the toilet paper ones got old quickly.

Never liked the TP ones in the first place. Most of them implied that people irrationally bought TP. It's very rational to stock up so you don't need to go out for more in the coming months and risk contact + infection.

I have always bought the most monstrous packs I could buy. Almost never a good reason to buy less.

There's a reasonable expectation for stocking up, but then you have all of the Karens buying a dozen 36-roll packs from Costco. How much shitting are you planning to do?

Also, bidet master race checking in. I use 2-3 squares of TP a day to get any residual water of my rear after the warm air dryer has done its job.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Hong Kong will close many places for 7 days because of new cases. Philippines has more new cases. Same for Singapore. South America (Peru and Brazil) is not doing well either.

Plus massive flooding in Japan, Nepal, commie china and elsewhere. This is depressing.

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
We went a week or two after 9/11
Not gonna lie it was awesome to get on any ride without a line.
I lived in Utah in the late 80s, they have an amusement park there called Lagoon. Going there on Sundays when all the good Mormons weren't there was great, I remember I once went on the double-loop roller coaster three times in a row without having to wait at all.

Feb 4, 2009
I lived in Utah in the late 80s, they have an amusement park there called Lagoon. Going there on Sundays when all the good Mormons weren't there was great, I remember I once went on the double-loop roller coaster three times in a row without having to wait at all.

Yeah this was a long time ago but I remember something about space mountain. We could basically get off the ride and use a staircase they had open and get on the ride again within moments. I think one ride we were the only people on it.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Alright can we just send the entire country outside of the NE into lockdown again (or maybe real lockdown even) for 4 weeks and try this shit again without opening the bars?

Here in Georgia, a friend's family member (living far away from my friend) is still the only person I know that was confirmed to have it.

...but the rate of daily new infections is definitely going way up:

I wouldn't be surprised if we shut everything down again. Every day I hear someone in public coughing. Lots of people wear masks, but not nearly enough. There are lots of frail elderly people going about their day doing frivolous things (shopping at thrift stores, dining out, etc).

People are stupid.

Reactions: K1052

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Lol...

All this.... and... stock market all-time highs.

It was soaring today but gave up all the gains before close.

The nation's largest economy just shuttered again. If we want to open again we're going to have to give up some things until there is a vaccine like bars, family gatherings, indoor church service, etc. Pay them to stay shut.

Nov 8, 2012
It was soaring today but gave up all the gains before close.

The nation's largest economy just shuttered again. If we want to open again we're going to have to give up some things until there is a vaccine like bars, family gatherings, indoor church service, etc. Pay them to stay shut.

Damn, didn't even notice. I looked like.. less than 30 minutes ago and DOW was still up 500.

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
California is shutting down again. Hopefully the people who refuse to wear masks will finally "get it" this time around otherwise we will have repeated damaging lock-downs until a vaccine arrives.

Reactions: mopardude87

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
California is shutting down again. Hopefully the people who refuse to wear masks will finally "get it" this time around otherwise we will have repeated damaging lock-downs until a vaccine arrives.

Tell that to my Board of Supervisors. CA might be shutting down, but we here at the County are still open for business. Which is fine, except we can still do business working from home. No mention of that from our superiors. It worked out pretty well over a period of about 2.5 months. No reason why we can't go back to doing it again. Instead, we've come up with a campaign to have businesses "self-certify" that they're practicing SD, requiring masks etc. Stupidest thing I've heard in awhile.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Looks like lot of stuff will be reopening here starting Friday. Even bars, gyms, restaurants, playgrounds, I forget what else.

We'll see how this goes. As long as they keep the border closed I think it will be ok.